• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

Anyone still throwing the Pro D Buzzz OS? How do they beat in?

Since they don't make Suspects in real cheap base I thought maybe these could replace my Suspects that I can't beat in to cycle.

I am bagging two BuzzzOS' right now...one Glo Z and then the Pro-D. I gotta be honest, the Pro-D didn't stay Buzzz OS like for long...within five rounds it started flying like a KC Roc but with less glide. And that's using it pretty sparingly.

I still like it because it is a really good bridge between my beefiest Roc 3 and the Glo Z Buzzz OS. The Pro-D has maybe a little hint of turn on it, but really it's still very straight at high speed and thrown flat. The big fade is pretty much gone, but it still has fade. It's not any glidier than when it was fresh.

For those who've thrown the Pro-D Buzzz OS, how stable is it? More than a Verdict, less than a Justice?

The rim looks good to me and I've about had it with Trilogy's plan to release only useless discs in baseline in this country.

I'm thinking about switching back to DC mids, with the exception of the EMAC Truth.

edit : Andy pretty much answered my question in detail while I was posting this question...

For those who've thrown the Pro-D Buzzz OS, how stable is it? More than a Verdict, less than a Justice?

The rim looks good to me and I've about had it with Trilogy's plan to release only useless discs in baseline in this country.

I'm thinking about switching back to DC mids, with the exception of the EMAC Truth.

edit : Andy pretty much answered my question in detail while I was posting this question...

I've never thrown and DD mids, but the D plastic OS starts out of the box like a stable buzzz. Not OS stable, but normal buzz stable. And as any good D plastic will do, it starts to break in and fly straighter. However it seems to hold it's stability at the end of the flight so far for me.

No where near a Justice.

Pro-D didn't stay Buzzz OS like for long...within five rounds it started flying like a KC Roc but with less glide. And that's using it pretty sparingly.

Pro-D is garbage! This is why Discraft doesn't get my putter money anymore.

I have two first run buzz os. Pearly champ plastic. Beautiful 174 grams. The first runs were the most os and were slightly retooled on subsequent runs.

PM if your interested. Brand new twenty five a piece.

Yeeeah, I ditched the ProD once my glo FLX started to fly more like what I wanted for that slot. really liked my Pro-D buzz before it got beat. But yeah.

Pro-D is garbage! This is why Discraft doesn't get my putter money anymore.

I prefer Pro D over 90% of the competition for putting. The grip/wet grip, feel, and flex is perfect for me and they catch crazy well. They have a rigid rim and a somewhat flexible flight plate. It's not durable which can be good or bad. For putting, it's a very good thing. For all of my mids and up I prefer durable plastic.

Anyone in DGCR world replace their Zone with a BuzzzOS? Maybe find them to get a similar flights but easier to control because of the extra speed?

Anyone in DGCR world replace their Zone with a BuzzzOS? Maybe find them to get a similar flights but easier to control because of the extra speed?

I carry both and I never debate over which one I should use. They are wildly different discs. the buzzzOS is quite a bit longer and doesn't have the rigidity/unwillingness to turn of a zone but it does have the fade.

I carry both and I never debate over which one I should use. They are wildly different discs. the buzzzOS is quite a bit longer and doesn't have the rigidity/unwillingness to turn of a zone but it does have the fade.

Same here, I wouldn't trade one for the other. When I need a short OS shot, it's the Zone, when I want more distance and not as OS I go for the Buzzz OS.

I have an ultra reliable early run Buzzz-tooled Z Buzzz something or other, and have been looking to pick up whatever is being made nowadays that would be similar to it.

I bought and returned a Z Buzzz SS because they sent the wrong color, but I did throw it a few times and it just didn't behave the same as my beloved. It seemed too eager to flip and didn't have the graceful glide I expected.

Is a Z Buzzz OS what I'm looking for? The OS tells me it can handle a bit more power to flip up flat, but also tells me it will have more fade at the end.

What about those Titanium Buzzz's? While I'm not too excited about the easy-to-lose-in-foliage colorations, if it behaves like I can expect it to, I will always know where it went.
Also, are these SS or OS versions?

I have an ultra reliable early run Buzzz-tooled Z Buzzz something or other, and have been looking to pick up whatever is being made nowadays that would be similar to it.

I bought and returned a Z Buzzz SS because they sent the wrong color, but I did throw it a few times and it just didn't behave the same as my beloved. It seemed too eager to flip and didn't have the graceful glide I expected.

Is a Z Buzzz OS what I'm looking for? The OS tells me it can handle a bit more power to flip up flat, but also tells me it will have more fade at the end.

What about those Titanium Buzzz's? While I'm not too excited about the easy-to-lose-in-foliage colorations, if it behaves like I can expect it to, I will always know where it went.

I assume you realize there's the Buzzz, Buzzz SS, and Buzzz OS. 3 discs in the family. If you were trying an SS, and that was too flippy, I'd just say try a "no S." A Z Buzzz is probably what you're looking for.

Ti Buzzz' are not going to be very overstable, but do hold the flight characteristics for years. I have a first run Doss sig Ti Buzzz that had three seasons of use and it still flies like the day I bought it.

If you're looking for an overstable Buzzz that will still be able to hyzerflip, the Titanium FLX Buzzz OS is where it's at if you have the power. Slightly more understable than the Z Buzzz OS in HSS and retains solid fade in LSS. They also come in brighter colors such as blue and pink so they are not as prone to hiding.

The biggest problem with colors was that the original Ti runs were not only neutral nature colors (green, orange, bronze) they were also color shift. So even if you got a Purple, it was a very muted purple and color shifted into green in the wrong light. I lost a couple Stalkers that way.

I assume you realize there's the Buzzz, Buzzz SS, and Buzzz OS. 3 discs in the family. If you were trying an SS, and that was too flippy, I'd just say try a "no S." A Z Buzzz is probably what you're looking for.

I was wrong, just checked my purchase history and it actually was the Elite Z Buzzz ".5" version that I bought and returned.
It had more dome to it than my OG one, but less glide. :confused:

Maybe just a fluke, maybe I'll give the same one another go and worst case scenario give it to a new player.

I definitely agree with this statement. I carry and throw both regularly. Both are great for forehand and backhand, and they fill two distinct spots in my bag. I highly recommend the Ti FLX (ledgestone special runs) plastic for both.

I was wrong, just checked my purchase history and it actually was the Elite Z Buzzz ".5" version that I bought and returned.
It had more dome to it than my OG one, but less glide. :confused:

Maybe just a fluke, maybe I'll give the same one another go and worst case scenario give it to a new player.

In that case, it sounds like an OS is what you're looking for. Could try a flatter Glo Z Buzzz too, of course.

ESP Buzzz OS coming out for Ledgestone.

Super excited to hear this. But does this mean regular production or just a limited release for Ledgestone? :thmbup::thmbup:

If it's limited I have mix feelings. I want some but don't want to have to drop $20+ on a resale one.

Super excited to hear this. But does this mean regular production or just a limited release for Ledgestone? :thmbup::thmbup:

If it's limited I have mix feelings. I want some but don't want to have to drop $20+ on a resale one.

I doubt you'll have to buy one in the secondary market. The last couple years, Infinite has had a pretty good supply of Ledgestone Edition discs which didn't sell out for months. They might have costed a little more than regular stock prices, but not too much, and the supply was definitely more than sufficient to meet the demand. I imagine if you want to try one of these, you'll have ample opportunity to buy a couple at the regular release price.