• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz

Anyone throw these champion cup Buzzzes? I just got one and really like it. Nice and stable and a great plastic blend.
The metallic look to them is pretty cool too.
279029062_10158765267257253_6670685885096798673_n.jpg

I have a really overstable Z buzzz that I just purchased. I've had z buzzz's before that were more neutral. What plastic would be a more neutral complement to this new buzzz?

I have a really overstable Z buzzz that I just purchased. I've had z buzzz's before that were more neutral. What plastic would be a more neutral complement to this new buzzz?

I noticed that my last couple Z and ESP Buzzz were more (over) stable than a few previous ones.

One from a recent run of Big Z was more "neutral-stable" - it still gets more fade than other 5 x -1 1 discs, but a little more mellow.

I've been relying on my most beat ESP Buzzz for a 5 4 -1 1 flight out to ~300', and don't have another one that could exactly replace it if lost without major time giving it a beatdown. That run of ESP plastic from last winter always felt different than the more recent ESP, which seem stiffer and less grippy. Would be curious how recent ones in different plastics are flying for people.

Yea, current ESP and Z Buzzzes don't show much turn even at 300' of distance. You have to beat it into them for quite a while.

If you're looking for neutral, and don't want to bag another mold, then recent BigZ has been less bonkers stable. Or you can drop to the 170-175g range on Z/ESP.

I sometimes do lighter Buzzzes. But most of the time I bag Mako3s when I need a truly straight finish. I still prefer the Buzzz though; it's much, much more forgiving.

Yea, current ESP and Z Buzzzes don't show much turn even at 300' of distance. You have to beat it into them for quite a while.

If you're looking for neutral, and don't want to bag another mold, then recent BigZ has been less bonkers stable. Or you can drop to the 170-175g range on Z/ESP.

I sometimes do lighter Buzzzes. But most of the time I bag Mako3s when I need a truly straight finish. I still prefer the Buzzz though; it's much, much more forgiving.

That's helpful- the one recent 173g ESP I have does fly much closer to the beat in one from last year. The new max weight ones play the stable mid role. I've liked the Mako3 too, but I do tend to lean on a Buzzz more due to that forgiveness.

Just got to try a friend's brand new Z Buzzz. This one felt yet again pretty different from the Z Buzzzes I got a few months ago. The newer Z plastic was much more "buttery" and more flexible yet grippy. Really nice. They were much closer to a ~5 4 -1 1 profile new.

The Buzzz has a stellar reputation, but I have always had better success with the Mako 3.

The Buzzz has a stellar reputation, but I have always had better success with the Mako 3.

I like them both. Enough I'll sometimes bag both. A beat Buzzz and a fresh Mako3 don't actually fly the same for me. It's not as extreme as a beat teebird vs a fresh leopard, but there is something there.

That big fat curly lip on a mako just gives it that 0/0 laser you sometimes need in the woods. And it seems to stay 0/0 across a wide range of speeds. Knowing I can be a little off on my speed gives me more confidence to hit a wooded corridor.

But a Buzzz is so much more forgiving. And so much easier to hit a target 300' away in an open field. And a beat Buzzz is still a great woods disc.

I carry both. My ESP Buzzz has 0 turn where my Kona Panis Mako3 is the closest thing to a beadless Comet in flight. It's so much easier to throw on a BH anyhzer than the Buzzz. I get aot done in the woods with those two molds.

I think the Buzzz SS is what the Buzzz used to be. . Why the newer Buzzzes are more OS i dont know but most of them are quite stable, some even OS

I think the Buzzz SS is what the Buzzz used to be. . Why the newer Buzzzes are more OS i dont know but most of them are quite stable, some even OS

Interesting. In the woods I'm finding that my 5 4 0 2-ish Buzzz runs, Buzzz SS, and Comets are just different enough that I bag all three now. Beefish Buzzz when I need a hyzer or left finish, Buzzz SS for power straight shots, Comet for versatile hyzerflips and touchy turnovers.

Those differences would have been lost on me 6 months ago but it's been saving me some strokes recently understanding the late flight differences/power preferences of each disc.

Beefish Buzzz when I need a hyzer or left finish, Buzzz SS for power straight shots, Comet for versatile hyzerflips and touchy turnovers.

I had a couple of Buzzz's back in my bag recently. For me, my flat ESP Buzzz was my preferred disc for straight shots thrown with power. If I powered up on the Buzzz SS it always finished to the right. Comets never agreed with me.

I've always found it interesting how different people use the same disc but use it in different ways or get different results. I think that's part of what fascinates me about the game.

I had a couple of Buzzz's back in my bag recently. For me, my flat ESP Buzzz was my preferred disc for straight shots thrown with power. If I powered up on the Buzzz SS it always finished to the right. Comets never agreed with me.

I've always found it interesting how different people use the same disc but use it in different ways or get different results. I think that's part of what fascinates me about the game.

Definitely my most beat ESP Buzzz is close to the SS. I think there's something about my "default" hyzer angle I tend to throw on that flips the SS just right for tunnel shots, and I'll usually get 20-30' more with the SS than the ESP with a bit of left finish. It's just a tick more stable than the Comet, so I'll feel comfortable mashing on it harder in long tunnels. But I don't trust the SS nearly as much when I get closer to a baby hyzer angle because it might turn over and right too fast, so I typically switch to the ESP Buzzz in that case. The SS will probably also get more fickle after it beats in more so I'm trying not to fall too much in love with its current behavior :p

What recent runs are people finding the most overstable?

I have a new Z that if thrown 300-333 has a very nice flip to flat followed by a very late turn. I can throw it flat and know it will hold the turn or power down to 270+ and it will fly pretty straight. I also carry a quake in swirl pro which flies like 5/5/0/2.5 and am looking for a buzzz that would sit between this quake and my Z buzzz (5/5/-1/0) that would fly closer to 5/5/-.5/2 ish if such a thing exists. One you could throw 300+ and know it won't flip over and will always fade slightly at the end.

Hm, my experience with all my Z Buzzzes is that they fly like a 5/5/0/1. Maybe you got a weird one. I have found the SwirlZ ones to be nice and HSS as well.

The recent runs of ESP are my favorites. Flat and stiff and handle power well but are still workable on different angles. I would say the flight is close to a -1/1.5