• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Camp Sankanac

Contact DCGR user The Lung. He was the one with all the info on the course before and after the changes and also said mentioned that when he had time he would give us a run down of the new hole layouts

Sorry guys...we just had a baby two months ago so life has been quite hectic lately. I'll try and get hold of Pastor Jeff and see where we stand with the new holes but I suspect that work was being held off until this winter at the earliest.

@the lung. Congrats on the new baby and all the work on the vibram. I hope that some work can get done at sankanac this winter. 9 new holes would be sweet. Is there any chance you might be able to give us a quick run down of where the new may be or what they look like?

Sorry guys...we just had a baby two months ago so life has been quite hectic lately. I'll try and get hold of Pastor Jeff and see where we stand with the new holes but I suspect that work was being held off until this winter at the earliest.

Congratulations, Jeff!

As of now the next nine are not happening :(

Apparently the director who approved the next nine passed away and the new director prefers the land to be for hunting rather than disc golf

^^^^
well thats a bad reason. hunting season only lats for a couple a month or 2 and they only close the course for a 1-2 weeks at a time and then it is open again all winter

^^^^
well thats a bad reason. hunting season only lats for a couple a month or 2 and they only close the course for a 1-2 weeks at a time and then it is open again all winter

Hunting > DG @ Sank.

We have had "permission" to play, and showed up to orange cones and hunters.

Talked to different people, always get a different story.

Seems like there are two groups both pulling for different uses, like some with permission to hunt there don't want to lose their hot spot.

I agree. The website always has really good info or email pastor Jeff. I also think some of the surrounding home owners have a large say as to what goes on. With all the being said the amont of land that the camp owns is so large that 9 more holes would not even out a dent into the land

I'd rather see them focus on signage first. Seems like they gave up after the halfway mark when the walks get long. Hole 8 the sign for the basket on the tee is wrong for a blind par4. I thought the course had potential with the land. I've never seen 5inch poles on discatcher baskets. Makes a huge difference on your putts if you hit the pole. Kinda like a dead spot on the old mach 3 single chains ala nor cal traveling baskets.

I think we all can agree that there some things that would make the course better then it is now. Some signage and tee pad help. But 9 new holes with new basket would make the course unreal and the signage and other small things will come. Lets also keep in mind that the foot traffic at this course is not as much as some of the other course in the area and most of the people playing the course have played it before or are playing with some that have played it before. The signage makes it an overall better course and is an easy fix but not really needed

Last edited:
played camp sankanac today. shot +5 and was even par through 15 and bogied 16 doubled 17 and doubled 18. Course was in perfect shape. Everything was mowed. Nothing seriously over grown. All the tee pads were dry. The water in french creek was low and clean. Perfect day for disc golf. If you have not played this course get out there soon bc your missing out

played camp sankanac today. shot +1. Course was in good shape. Lots of leaves. Everything had been recently mowed. Nothing seriously over grown. All the tee pads were dry. The water in french creek was low and clean. Perfect day for disc golf. If you have not played this course get out there soon bc your missing out

Yes you do. It is closed for a couple of weeks during hunting season and then reopens again. One of the best and most fun courses around

Got to play 16 of 18 holes today at camp sankanac. It was getting dark quick and the maintenance department of doing work by the basket of hole 7 and the fairway of hole 8. Course was in great shape. Lot of leaves on holes 2-3. The tee pad to hole 4 was a little slippery and there was a small wet spot on hole 9 by the basket. This is a mist play if you have not gotten there yet. Always remember to check the website for course closures

Shot there Sunday, shot a 63. First time I can recall shooting at Sank and it not being super windy, especially on the last 4 holes.

Course is in great shape as Eco pointed out, definitely a must play if you're local and haven't been yet.

Latest posts