• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can I dye my surfboard?

StoneWallKid

Birdie Member
Is it possible? Would it require a special dye? Or can i just use my iDye Poly?

What else have you guys Dye'd thats not discs?

I know nothing about surfboards, but people dye yo-yos all the time. Not the best picture, but one I already had online.
FHcollection1.jpg

dyeing a surfboard

http://www.austinsurfboards.com/
This guy does! he tought me to shape back in the day when no one else would, austin is great. basically you would dye the laminating resin and pour it onto your fiberglass cloth. also you can airbrush directly on the foam and then just glass over clear.
swaylocks is the forum you want to check out.

I've tried to dye G10 sheeting with RIT and it didn't take well...just a mild staining but not a normal vibrant color. That's made with epoxy resin, but it's not too different from polyester resins, etc, at least in this regard. Scratches took more dye and made those areas look like poo. No idea about I-Dye but I'd suspect it would give similar results.

Mixing it with the uncured resin sounds like the way to go.

BW thanks for the link! But I'm looking to do it on an already used board. Okla, thanks for the info from your past experience. I'll try it anyway on a small piece tonight. I've been busy or it woulda been done already.

Latest posts