• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can't get past 350 ft average and can't tell figure out what to improve besides "be faster"

Former college swimmer here. Have been seriously playing since covid but has plateaued in distance for the past 2 years although I am more consistent now. In the video I am just throwing putters and mids due to field constraints but still close to max power. In the video are multiple throws from the side and the back including a slo-motion of each. Today is my first day on DGCR although I have heard great things. So far I am really impressed with all the content on here. Thank you for all help.

Former college swimmer here. Have been seriously playing since covid but has plateaued in distance for the past 2 years although I am more consistent now. In the video I am just throwing putters and mids due to field constraints but still close to max power. In the video are multiple throws from the side and the back including a slo-motion of each. Today is my first day on DGCR although I have heard great things. So far I am really impressed with all the content on here. Thank you for all help.

Sidewinder22 will agree that a swimming background could be one of your best allies from a motor learning perspective.

1. Slow down a bit for now.

2. You are leaning away in the x-step and end up with massive rising shoulder/jamming issues and a collapsing shoulder/hugging yourself.

1692305292996.png

1692305339043.png

Your whole posture needs to be more like this when you plant to swing moving off the rear side:
AeE94FX.png

The move off the drive foot should feel and function more like the "can can" and "double dragon" moves in this video:

See if you like how I try to tie some of that together in the context of sledgehammer swings here:

2. I don't think you have proper side bend in your backswing, so you're getting basically nothing out of your core.
1692305065376.png

3. Your rear arm is dragging behind you like an anchor rather than coming in close to aid your weight shift and centrifugal force.

Sidewinder's (seabas22) posture and weight shifting is way better than mine is here but this may help too.

Thank you so much, this is a lot to digest. I'll post updates and ask more questions in the coming days/weeks.

Glad to hear my swim background can come in handy. Definitely a lot of linking the hips to shoulder rotation in swimming just like a throw.

When you say I'm leaning away in my X step, is that leaning away from my target towards my left, or that I am leaning some other way that makes my shoulder come high?

Latest posts