• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Carolina bag - what is this loop for?

skippy0420

Eagle Member
Those of you that have the bag. What is the loop for other than getting in the way???

Thanks

Attachments

• bAG-loops.JPG
    bAG-loops.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 120
I had a deluxe mini and it had the same loops. I mainly used it as handles when I wasn't using the shoulder strap. I don't know what they were actually made for, but that's what I used them for :)

Revo Loops

Damn good question. I've had my Revo for a couple months and can't think of a good reason for those ****ty little loops either. Yeah, you can life the bag by them if you'd like, but you really can't use them for any real purpose. If you have the Revo you probably already some sort of straps or Quads. My theory is that someone may have really over though the design. Maybe someone from Revo will chime in with a real answer.:wall:

I have used those straps for an umbrella, a stool, a telescoping pole for pulling my sucky drives out of the water, and at times for holding the top flap back on my innova bag.

If you put something through them doesn't it make getting disc out of the bag difficult and opening th eside storage a pain in the rear?

Wait! Innova bag??? Wrong bag. We're talking Revo. Did you have too much egg nog over the weekend?

Yes, putting something across there would make it difficult to get discs out. I honestly can't think of a reason for them as the quad hookups are directly under them

I am considering cutting them off but I wanted to see what they were REALLY designed for before going to that extreme.

REVOLUTION's all-new Tournament Gear Bag makes getting to your next disc golf event a little easier. With 4200 cubic inches of storage space divided among five large storage pockets, the Tournament Gear Bag keeps everything organized and in one place on your next weekend road trip.

Use the main storage area for you clothes and gear. Two long side pockets are perfect for extra discs (put up to 10 in each pocket) or other stuff you need to access easily. Two end pockets for the essential extras. Two handles or metal rings for a shoulder strap (not included) for easy carrying. It is truly ideal for any type of travel.

MADE IN USA of ultra-tough 1050 Ballistic Cordura throughout. Features include storm flaps on all zippers, easy access U-shaped zipper, palm pad/strap keeper, key clip, one zippered and one open outside slash pocket, bottom lash points, removable side pocket divider, four large capacity outside pockets, lockable sliders.

Pulled this from their website, hope it help, looks like they are just there for whatever you need them for.

Wrong bag. That's a big duffle bag for transporting gear to tourney's. We're talking the Carolina.

utility loops on the top of REVOLUTION Bags

The nylon utility loops were originally included in the first TEAM Bags that came out in 1999. They were intended as a flexible handle to help get a fully loaded bag out of your trunk or the overhead compartment on an airplane. However, they quickly became something that ten different people used in ten different ways.

I've seen them used as a place to attach bag tags or to clip a towel. You can also use them to hold a sweatshirt or jacket by pulling a sleeve through one of the loops. Whatever you come up with, they're there to make your round a little easier and more enjoyable.

I have also seen people attach quads to them. They really weren't intended for that as there are D-Rings on the tops of the bags that can take the load much more efficiently.

As we began adding more bags to the REVOLUTION line, those loops became a "signature" of the line. Any time a new bag is added, the goal is to make it "feel" like it fits with the other models we offer. As a result, we try to incorporate as many little details from other designs (like the rounded zipper tops, key clips, padded backs, etc.) and those utility loops have become one of those features.

It always surprises me when people get mad that the straps don't have a clearly defined purpose (and trust me, it has happened…) To me, they are an easy addition that can make the bags more useful and flexible. That's really it.

Thanks,

-Dave

They are on all bags, that is just the only one that had a description of them on the page.

The nylon utility loops were originally included in the first TEAM Bags that came out in 1999. They were intended as a flexible handle to help get a fully loaded bag out of your trunk or the overhead compartment on an airplane. However, they quickly became something that ten different people used in ten different ways.

I've seen them used as a place to attach bag tags or to clip a towel. You can also use them to hold a sweatshirt or jacket by pulling a sleeve through one of the loops. Whatever you come up with, they're there to make your round a little easier and more enjoyable.

I have also seen people attach quads to them. They really weren't intended for that as there are D-Rings on the tops of the bags that can take the load much more efficiently.

As we began adding more bags to the REVOLUTION line, those loops became a "signature" of the line. Any time a new bag is added, the goal is to make it "feel" like it fits with the other models we offer. As a result, we try to incorporate as many little details from other designs (like the rounded zipper tops, key clips, padded backs, etc.) and those utility loops have become one of those features.

It always surprises me when people get mad that the straps don't have a clearly defined purpose (and trust me, it has happened…) To me, they are an easy addition that can make the bags more useful and flexible. That's really it.

Thanks,

-Dave
Yep, i was right!! 10 points for me

Dave, Thanks for the info. Just got the bag for X-mas and curious about the loops....

It's also nice to see both you and the people at Phoenix Quads are on the same page as I can match the straps to the bag.

Cheers!

I use it to hang my DGCR Travel Tag and DGCR bag tag!