• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Carolina RETAIL ALERT: Alpine has D1s, D4s - $15.99

Spinthrift

Eagle Member
At Alpine Ski Center on East Blvd, Charlotte. Lightest of remaining 25 is 172, I'm told. I believe there's a limit of one each mold.

Last edited:
You guys better hurry. I just got off the phone with them and they said there are only 6 total left at that particular location.

Hurry so you guys can gouge up the price! :| :\
Or not get gouged by someone else!:) 42$ shipped for a pair isn't too bad, especially compared to some of the 55$+ pricing I've seen so far here on DGCR.

Yeah, but I'm seeing them listed at 40.00 a PIECE, and by people who are usually okay in my book.

i remember the days when people paid premium for protos or first runs because they had a more desirable flight than other runs. now it's just a scramble to buy them and flip them to make a quick 10-15 bucks.

i remember the days when people paid premium for protos or first runs because they had a more desirable flight than other runs. now it's just a scramble to buy them and flip them to make a quick 10-15 bucks.

Pretty much spot on. Hell some people will charge an even higher premium that that
smiley-taunt001.gif

Charlotte PIAS has them on the shelf as well. 15.99 Took in some old garbage trade ins and came away with one of each. I got there early so I got two max weight ones (according to the PIAS scale, not the markings), each with a good stamp and no mold imperfections. At least 50% of them were way off on scaled weights, with some weighing up to 180g. About 80% of the D1s had terrible stamps, some were even double stamped. PIAS had 2 discs on the counter that were unsellable because of the molding.

BE AWARE! Prodigy quality control so far is TERRIBLE

At work till 4:30 so untill then, I've got no idea on the flights of each

FWIW PIAS by me always has the worst of the worst innova/discraft. It's like they get sent the batches they didn't wanna x-out, and didn't want to bone over better stores.

PIAS in IL by me just don't know anything about the sport it seems. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Prodigy gave the PIAS their 'second-best' stock.

Our PIAS has good quality stuff except for their new discraft discs. I fully believe they buy discrafts misprints and sell them at regular price. I dont believe Prodigy would send PIAS there crap discs, Alpine Ski's selection has some poor quality Prodigy as well from what I've been told

FWIW PIAS by me always has the worst of the worst innova/discraft. It's like they get sent the batches they didn't wanna x-out, and didn't want to bone over better stores.

PIAS in IL by me just don't know anything about the sport it seems. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Prodigy gave the PIAS their 'second-best' stock.

The Charlotte PIAS is really involved with the local club, they are on the short list for limited runs and get some really nice plastic in there, from Innova. It would be silly to ship junk to any retailer in Innova's or Discrafts back yard. If they did, they didn't take the time to make a good marketing decision. Would be just the same old same old as far as disc golf manufacturers go... they do stuff (quality, marketing, sponsorships) that most consumer goods companies could never get away with.

Yep, with there being only one PIAS in all of Charlotte theirs actually gets pretty good stock of discs. You can even find some great used discs on their used rack. It's not like any other PIAS I've been to as far as stock goes. More like an actual disc retailer than your typical PIAS with a rack full of x-outs.

Mark - Most PIAS stores here only carry x-outs. It's really up to the store manager to order the plastic and the ones here don't take disc golf too seriously so they get whatever is cheaper.

You guys talking about the one in Pineville?

Sloppy are you reading this? are you on the road this week?

I am in SC right now. I will be going through Charlotte tomorrow, but those aren't worth a stop for me. I'll never throw them. I am just sitting back waiting for the Stag. That looks like it will be more appropriate for my ability.