• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Carolina RETAIL ALERT: Alpine has D1s, D4s - $15.99

I just scored a d4 and d1 at the alpine in johnson city tn. They arent even listed on proxigies website as a dealer. I got there 2 hours after ups did and they had 6 blue d1s and 6 yellow d4s. Wouldnt have known if i hadnt seen this thread.

I think alpines "headquarters" is in banner elk NC which is where their billing probably goes which is why they arent listed as a dealer. They arent listed as a dealer in charlotte either

When I got to Alpine, Duffy had three D1s that were all overweight (174=177).

The foil had flaws, along with the plastic.

He also had one last Big Bird Roc. Pink w/ party time foil.

Decided against buying the Prodigy and bought the Roc.

:thmbup:

I almost bought that Roc today. For some reason or another, I bought neither that Roc or any of the Prodigy discs. Probably because I'll never throw either of them. The Roc's too light for me at 166, and the D1 & D4 are both way fast for me.

The Prodigy plastic did feel nice though.

post a picture, i'd trade one of my Roc3 for a sweet looking big bird!

Anyone throw these things yet?

Not many reviews I could find...and nothing detailed

I have thrown several rounds now with a D4 El Kabong. The main thing I am liking about the D4 is how the inside rim is rolled opposite from most manufacturers so you don't feel any flashing when releasing the disc, which makes them come off your hand very smooth. The flashing is still there but the way it is positioned you do not feel it on release.They fly very similar to a Katana for me and I get about the same distance with it as I do my Blizzard Katanas, which has been my futherest driver up until now.

PIAS in the Pineville/Charlotte area has these now too. And not to strike a chord with anyone, but they really didn't feel all that special. The plastic felt a little cheap to me.

PIAS in the Pineville/Charlotte area has these now too. And not to strike a chord with anyone, but they really didn't feel all that special. The plastic felt a little cheap to me.

Ouchie. No Special? Who would of thunk it?

Latest posts