• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] CD3 Incoming!

Well, Discmania just posted mystery boxes on their store. They say, quote, "* One Mystery disc that has yet to be released in each box."

So, I'm betting it's the S-CD3 since they already ran some for the Infinite VIP Club. It could be the MD4, but I suspect that if you want an S-Line CD3, this will be your first chance.

I'm hoping you're right and I heard a rumor that it isn't the MD4 or P3x though I suppose it could be the TDx but there really isn't much about it.

I'm hoping you're right and I heard a rumor that it isn't the MD4 or P3x though I suppose it could be the TDx but there really isn't much about it.

Confirmed S-CD3

Two batches out now - 1) Infinite Disc VIP (400 made) 2) mystery box stamped and x-outs. Been going for fairly cheap on FB.

My Discmania Mystery box had an S-Line CD3 & a C-Line CD3 both inside!

Same here. My S-Line was Orange w/Blue and my C-Line was Clear w/Black X-Out. They are both currently out of my bag as my recent acquisition of a trio of PDs means that they don't really have a spot between the PDs and my Destroyers. They do however fly vary far compared to everything else speed 11 save my Pro Wraith and G-DD which all fly very similarly. The CD3 was the first disc that I really felt I would improve my distance with. I pushed it out to 375' from 325' and probably would be at 400'+ until I lost my Konopiste Open CD3 in a pond (it doesn't really like headwinds over 10MPH) and hadn't replaced it. I called it my JäegerBomb disc as it was the correct color and stamp combo Orange w/White, it absolutely bombed, and my last name is Yeager. Now that I think about it I may need to revisit the CD3 and maybe pair the S-Line with a fresh Destroyer.

i did not read through all the pages but how does the cd3 compare to the glow or star shryke? i only had a small amount of throws with my buddies c line cd3 . i currently bag a glow shryke but it is finicky for me,it seems to be nose sensitive and ive gotten inconsistent throws with it. some days it flies great and understable but the low speed fade kicks in. i have yet to throw any other weight or runs of shrykes so i have limited experience with that too. just curious is all, TIA

i did not read through all the pages but how does the cd3 compare to the glow or star shryke? i only had a small amount of throws with my buddies c line cd3 . i currently bag a glow shryke but it is finicky for me,it seems to be nose sensitive and ive gotten inconsistent throws with it. some days it flies great and understable but the low speed fade kicks in. i have yet to throw any other weight or runs of shrykes so i have limited experience with that too. just curious is all, TIA

I bag a Star Shryke (or two, depending on the course/wind) and a S-CD3 (preferred over my C-CD3) most of the time. The CD3 is definitely a little slower, but I much prefer the feel in my hand. It is also considerably better in wind and less sensitive to angles. It will take an anhyzer just as well as my Shrykes, but doesn't have the same glide. I get my Shryke out to 400' consistently, but my CD3s only get out to about 375' or so. They are however easier to place. I trust the accuracy and control of the CD3 over the Shryke every time, but in pure distance, the Shryke wins. Then again, over half of my "distance drives" are PDs just for reliability and comfort. My current debate is whether to keep the CD2 in the bag and let my lighter weight seasoned PD handled the CD3 slot, or pull the CD2s and power down the CD3 a smidge. There's definite overlap with the CD2 and CD3.

I haven't gotten an S-CD3 yet :( but I have a C-CD3 and have tried some Shyrkes. The Shrykes go farther, but the CD3 is easier and more comfortable to throw. I'm hoping the S-CD3 will be 'long enough' that I can give up my Terns (much less the Shryke). The C-CD3 is a bit more overstable than the Shrykes, as well. IMHO, these aren't the best 'comparison' discs.

Knowing Discmania there probably will only be some "SUPER SWEET LIMITED EDITION" -version only.

To me cd3 is markedly a distance driver, yet with a lot of control. Tdx feels more like a FD type disc for me. Granted, i never got turn out of one, thrown Presidents, FR and a stock run

I have a VIP s-cd3 from infinite, and wonder if it's the same run as the new s-cd3 production run. Loving the c-cd3, haven't worked with my s-line more than 3throws