• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champ Polecats in the Pro Shop

Well they didn't ship until the 2nd, and even then they didn't actually "ship" they just generate the reciept, so now, most people haven't got them yet. Monday, probably.

I got the one I ordered. Didn't throw it this weekend, but it's orange, 175g, and nice flexy opaque champ plastic. I could take a pic, but then that means I'd have to get off the couch.

I got the one I ordered. Didn't throw it this weekend, but it's orange, 175g, and nice flexy opaque champ plastic. I could take a pic, but then that means I'd have to get off the couch.

And who would do that when Wrestlemania is on, amiright? YES! YES! YES!

I don't really know what I'm going to do with my max weight. I never really took to Polecats, but who knows? I got the light weight for my daughter. My dad loves lids (as well as large diameter discs) so maybe I'll gift it to him.

I'm pretty eager to see how it flies for me though. It's been at least two years since Ive thrown a Polecat...maybe it will make me a convert?

I am in love. They're a nice, grippy mixture of JL, and even the heaviest aren't completely opaque. They're all a little firm, even the lightest weights I bought, but they aren't stiff by any means. Most of the blemishes aren't terrible. I expected a lot worse.

f2a3c65e-a203-42ec-8a87-bcc3b22ecc99_zps41b20995.jpg

Sale thread coming for those that didn't want to pay the FS's shipping charges.

Yummy...there's a few holes on my local course I really want to try one of these on.

lots of courses with holes like that but mostly planned on shooting video at field where you can see all the lines so yes Im hoping to hit 300' lazer, roller, hyzer, anny, its all coming' Filming holes is much harder and doesn't do the disc the same justice.

Yep, totally missed these due to some errors with my internet for the past few days. My wallet sighs in relief but my bag cries. I can't wait for video.

Got mine in today. 167g blue for my daughter, and a max weight orange for me to play around with. Right away I noticed why they are F2s....the orange one has two sizeable chunks taken out if, crazy flashing around the PLH area. The blue is actually a little better in that regard, but it must play for the Saints because it's got Super Dome. Cool swirls in the plastic.

I only got a few throws in, but they both seem to fly like a Polecat should. The max weight seemed to have just a slight amount of understability over the blue, but I reckon that's from the gnarly trimming job. Basically it take a steep anny line, rather than the smooth anny of the blue.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with these for what they are. Hope they run some more that aren't trimmed all nasty, so I can get one for my dad as well.

I also want to point out that these have a really nice texture on the bottom. Very grippy, and certainly unike any other Jolly Launcher disc I've thrown. I almost like holding this disc more than I like throwing it, haha. Now that I'm rocking the Mahal, I might keep this in the bag for warm-ups and short up shots. Great for short turnovers as well.

I went out and practiced an 80 foot anny around a tree that I keep finding myself in after I posted my last post, and the Champ Polekitty was working it. No chains yet, but I hit pole and numberplate and it's a pretty tricky shot for me.

Finally got a chance to throw one of my beloved kittens today, and I'm smitten. There's a little loss in glide, but it flew exactly like I remember my DX flying when it was new. Dead straight with a slight fade. Thrown hyzer/flat/anhyzer, it holds its line and just floats along before coming to rest under the basket. It isn't close to being the hit and stick champ that my R-Pro was, but it doesn't slide like it's coated in Teflon or anything. I was throwing a max weight from 150'-250', and I can't say that I experienced the same understability Andy did above. Andy, hopefully your experience is the exception rather than the rule.

It's a damn shame these were so difficult to trim because, to me, this is a real win from the Proshop. Honestly, I think it's one of their biggest wins in terms of being a great thrower for a weird plastic/mold combos. I am so happy that I stocked up when they were released.

tbird: I'll try and get a picture of the chunk I'm talking about...I'm sure it's the reason for the understability of my max weight. There are little goofs on the lightweight blue, but nothing like this. And it's not a flippy piece of junk by any means, just drifts when thrown flat.

I took the Envy out of the bag for the day (not windy enough enough to use it anyway) and am going to try my max weight Polecat on a bigger variety of shots today. Hole 1 at the local course is a pretty straightforward 230 foot hole but with a gnarly swamp behind it. Going to try the Polecat on that. Never pushed a lid out that far (or at least since the early 90s) so we will see if I still have the form for it.

Andy, I bought way more of these than I should have. I know the chunks you're talking about (had three or four with some bigger chunks). :( It's a shame the only one you got for yourself had one.

If you can get comfortable throwing the Polecat, you'll love it for that hole. I would suggest just trying to be smooth and clean with your throw and letting it do the work. I definitely had some bad throws with mine today (still working on my backhand muscle memory), and they drifted like crazy. They aren't Comet sensitive, but they aren't Envy friendly either. OK, they're much closer to Comet in terms of sensitivity. :D

I threw my 169 slightly domey blue today and I think you guys summed it up pretty well. I had a few issues with throwing but im used to slimmer discs and this is my first lid experience. in general it stuck to a flat straight or flat lateral flight really well and didnt dive over even into a 20-30 mph headwind on upshots. Just had to adjust my aim and it sat down with a minimal fade. No real issues with trimming here just a lil more than you'd find on vibram putters.

Latest posts