• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] ChampyStar Bosses?

racer93

Double Eagle Member
Anyone know how the flights on these differ, if at all? I personally love the E* version, but I found this one at my local PIAS and was curious. It's labelled as "Star", but is very glossy and more translucent than normal star plastic. It's not as pliable as E* plastic, but not as rigid as star. I really like the feel.

I'd appreciate any input on how other discs of this kind differ.

Thanks!

Daniel

Yeah, the PLHs are the same as my nice E* bosses, so I imagine that the stability will be close. Just curious, as I've heard about the champystar plastic but never thrown it.

@OP, if you have the power for it, field test it and give us a testimony.

I can throw 500' (average 480' or so). If the PLHs stand up, then it will be pretty straight for me with a small amount of high speed turn. I have an E* that looks nearly identical in dome and PLH and it resembles a more HSS katana (more flippy than the average boss), so I think it will be close to that. I'll let you know, possibly tomorrow.

I've got one. I don't have the arm to throw it backhand it just cuts for me. Maybe once it breaks in. However, I have been hitting 300-350 consistently and almost touching 400 on RHFH shots. I love the material; mine's actually an X Out. The only 2 I have seen are in Yellow.

Sounds like another Innova product that I could learn to love, season, lose and never be able to replace again, unless I want to pay 5x.

No thanks

Char ?
Stamp ?
Wtf is this blend ? :confused:

I have one, 166 gram, kinda peachy yellow with an orange band just inside the rim. Thought it would be Starlight ultra stable, but its snot. :doh:

This disc gets lost in a stack of Champion discs, but its labeled Star.
Star plastic to me is that white, gummy, flexy, thick, dense, opaque stuff.
This Boss aint like that.

I lost mine on the fourth hole of a local course last week, and had to finish the round with only Destroyers and Xcals, I sure missed my Char. :(

Went back after the round, machete, gloves , goggles, hacked the OB blackerries down for ten minutes and grabbed my disc.

It flies flatter than the D and the Xcal for me, goes as far, but needs less room to work left to right, so its usually my first choice.

Its not E* stable, or domey Feldberg stable, but not XG glidey either, kinda middle, semi flatty top, its a comfy Boss for me.

:thmbup: Recommended. :)

I can throw 500' (average 480' or so). If the PLHs stand up, then it will be pretty straight for me with a small amount of high speed turn. I have an E* that looks nearly identical in dome and PLH and it resembles a more HSS katana (more flippy than the average boss), so I think it will be close to that. I'll let you know, possibly tomorrow.

So what do you think ?

I lost mine again, this time for good, but luckily, my local dealer had another one exactly the same, so I have a fresh version.

All these Champy blend translucent Star Boss's are yellow, some with a little orange color mixed in them, ranging from the 166-169 Star Lights, all the way up to max weight.

Mine is definitely a Star Light stablized disc, but this mix is not as stable as the original, more creamy Star Light Boss's were.
It does have sweet glide though and flies very straight.
Kind of like a broken in first run Star Light, only right out of the box, no work required.

Absolutely my fav Boss, my go to forehand driver, I dont know what I'm gonna do to replace it though, I'm sure this special blend run will disappear soon.