• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ching Basket price increase??

Jabanger

Double Eagle Member
I've been holding out on getting my basket for a few months due to lack of funds. I'm planning on going with the Ching Chainmaster (not lite). I had found retailers that were about $200 for the basket but now I can't find anyone under $250. Is the cost of metal driving up prices on these or what? They are also harder to find as some retailers have stopped carrying them GGGT being one of them.

Have you guys heard anything about this?

Cost of metal has gone up in the last five years. I used to dream and wish and pray for full body armor for my Jeep. Side panels used to be $220 when I started looking. Last I checked, the same catalogue lists them at $270 now. So, yes, metal does go up.

I can't speak for the Ching availability, but I do know that GGGT had reduced the cost of the Innova DiscCatcher Sport. Wonder if they're trying to pull away from the basket market. <--Foolish idea, if so.

The lite is not very impressive. Havent had a chance to see the other one though. As for GGGT getting out, not sure there but it is very high overhead for a very slow moving item.

With gas going up, shipping costs on a heavy bulky item will be going up in addition to the metal.

Discatcher Sport.18 chains,catches nice.174$Disc Golf Center.I've got a friend making top notch targets,24 chains,3/8 rod 225$,in Mi.

Disc catcher sport is 174$ at Disc Golf Center.Nice for the back yard.Go to You tube Homemade disc golf baskets D15557.

That stinks about the price increase. I paid 220 last year and love mine. It catches better than any basket I've played on. It does get heavy while moving it after shooting all day though.

If and when I do over (for something portable), I will go Mach Lite. Take the extra money and buy practice putters. You'll appreciate not having to lug 40lbs around when you try to move it, too.

If it's permanent at that price point, the Innova Sport was my second choice over the Lightning.

Discatcher Sport.18 chains,catches nice.174$Disc Golf Center.I've got a friend making top notch targets,24 chains,3/8 rod 225$,in Mi.

I'd be very interested in the MI made basket. Always willing to support a local guy. Any info you can provide for contact? Getting my taxes done tomorrow and when I get my refund I'll be ready to order.

Latest posts