• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

HAAA! This is great. Years ago a friend and I were walking down the street, looked at each other, and both went "Do you... do you smell semen??" Eventually, we figured out it was the trees with the white blossoms (figures). We had always called them semen trees (but a less formal word than semen that I'm not sure I should be using in this forum).

And the best part is, when you're walking with someone who then says "These trees smell so amazing!" :D

Bradford Pear. One of the worst choice of trees in any landscape.

Wyman Park
By HogNoseSucker,
"The baskets look like they were made by maguiver trying to disarm a bomb while escaping the clutches of a villain. It's actually pretty amazing that they are still standing, if the course was actually made in 2008.
-The baskets are definitely a pro in that they look like they were made in someone's garage with stuff they had lying around. It looks like they were made with the top 4 inches of a 55 gal. drum. On the bottom was some chicken wire attached with zip ties to make the catching part of the basket. Moving up the pole there were 12 or so light weight chains attached to the top of the basket(another 4 inches of 55 gal. drum) with zip ties. All the was firmly set in place by some hose clamps.
-The course plays through a tiny portion of park on either side of the parking lot. All baskets were straight ahead of the nonexistent tee pad (which I guessed was near the previous basket, I just threw from what seemed to be a rough spot for hole 1). "
"The baskets, although I applaude whoever made them, were pretty terrible and with any use would fall apart. They seemed to catch ok, but I feel like 1 hard throw hitting the basket in wrong area would knock it down. Also, although it was very windy when I played, the tops of the baskets were shifting in the wind....never a good sign"

Bradford Pears actually are pretty good dg course trees, if you hit it you're not getting through there. Cuts down on the luck.

Here is the baskets he was reviewing btw lol
21760c9f.jpg

BrotherDave on Winthrop Gold:

• Trying to keep a long drive in bounds here is like trying to fit into your skinny jeans after you've pigged out during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Even if you do stay in, you're not gonna be comfortable.
  • The OB makes itself painfully evident. Almost like being alone in the wilderness when the beauty wears off and the terrible, dangerous reality sets in that you're locked in a battle of survival, the most dangerous game now begins. Numerous varieties of OB appear, like menacing beasts of the jungle. The parking lot looms large like a herd of gray elephants, harmless if you keep away and always apparent.
  • Is this disc golf or Operation the board game?

HAAA! This is great. Years ago a friend and I were walking down the street, looked at each other, and both went "Do you... do you smell semen??" Eventually, we figured out it was the trees with the white blossoms (figures). We had always called them semen trees (but a less formal word than semen that I'm not sure I should be using in this forum).

And the best part is, when you're walking with someone who then says "These trees smell so amazing!" :D

:D

It might have been on discgolfscene but someone was talking about my home course in bloomington Indiana crestmont and said something along the lines of " crestmont giveth, crestmont taketh away". I like it and it can be applied to a lot if intermediate courses that have some easy rewarded holes immediately followed up with some bs roll down the hill get stuck in a bush only to pitch out and be stuck in another bush before rolling down the hill again kind of holes

From today even - "So good that Chuck Norris wears WR Jackson pajamas" - heelboycraig

Necro Bump

Arise, ye forsaken thread!

Read a recent review of for Ronnie Van Zant Park near Jacksonville, FL, which got me reading an much older review for the course. As some of you may know, the park is named for Lynyrd Skynrd's late front man.

Gotta give it up to reposado, who worked no less than 7 skynyrd song references into his review of the course (pretty sure I missed at least a couple).

Think I'm gonna jam to some southern rock on my ride home. :)

Last edited:
Great review from Reposado! hahaha thanks for the bump!

I think this review was written by the kid with the banjo from Deliverance!

from West Meadowbrook Park in Greenville, NC

"PROS: nice short shoots... Like the sand good for skip shoots. Favoite hole is the par 2 very short shoot. Bring water
Cons: not laid out good got lost trying to find next hole on alot of them
Other Thoughts: cdxx"

I am not sure if this is english. What does cdxx mean? Honestly I have no idea what that means.

Read a recent review of for Ronnie Van Zant Park near Jacksonville, FL, which got me reading an much older review for the course. As some of you may know, the park is named for Lynyrd Skynrd's late front man.

Gotta give it up to reposado, who worked no less than 7 skynyrd song references into his review of the course (pretty sure I missed at least a couple).

That's great. I missed them the first time that I read it. Only reason that I know I read it because I obviously gave it a thumbs up. Things going on is a great piano song from Skynrd. More necro bumps BogeyNoMore.:clap:

Nice work. My favorite line was "allows you to listen to the call when one of these pleasant curves beckons to be thrown one more time."

But I too am a simple man not a southern man.