• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CO trip- Solstice

WastedSpace

Bogey Member
Making our annual disc golf trip to Colorado (13th year, first time in CO) this year, and looking for some advice. Coming in June 20, leaving June 24.

We'll be staying outside of Bailey for at least three nights, and will focus our attention on area courses: Bucksnort, Phantom Falls, Beaver Ranch, Bailey, and hopefully Eagle Vista (looks like it's now open?) Probably full days at Bucksnort and Phantom Falls. Can we/should we do Bailey and Beaver Ranch in one day with lots of light? Anyone else play Eagle Vista yet?

Big question: a big tradition is getting at least one round of glow in. Sounds like it's not an option at any of these courses, so we're shopping around. Any recommendations for a good glow round somewhere in the area? It'd be nice to play it during the day for navigation's sake, but not necessary.

Anything else to consider? Thanks in advance for your help.

Bailey and beaver can easily be done in one day. As for glow rounds on mountain courses, I wouldn't recommend it. I save the glow rounds for park style courses.

Bailey and beaver can easily be done in one day. As for glow rounds on mountain courses, I wouldn't recommend it. I save the glow rounds for park style courses.

Agreed, with the steep terrain a night round would end up being more miserable than fun.

You could easily drive toward Denver to get in a night round in a park course though.

Interesting trip, Wasted. I am assuming Bailey is a city? What kind of radius are the course listed situated within. Are there any resort style accomodations in Bailey?

Interesting trip, Wasted. I am assuming Bailey is a city? What kind of radius are the course listed situated within. Are there any resort style accomodations in Bailey?

Bailey is by no means a city. It is a small town with a few other small towns in the area. It just so happens to be the best area for disc golf in Colorado.

And the accommodations in Bailey would include a liquor store and a bar.

Thanks for the replies.

Since most of our time will be spent playing in the mountains, do you have any suggestions for a glow round closer to Denver that we might potentially hit some night? Ideally, a course that's at least a little out of the way to avoid waking the neighbors...

I don't have much info about the Denver courses for night rounds unfortunately. Hopefully one of the Denver guys can help out. Ken Caryl would be the closest, but I don't if its ok to play after dark.

If you don't mind driving a bit, Peak One DGC in Frisco plays great for glow rounds.

Peak one is my local course. That would be a awesome place for a glow round with a full moon but I think the park closes at dusk and I believe the Frisco police make rounds driving through the parking lot keeping the park free of camping as we get a lot of travelers through the area. With a little creative parking and a minor walk into the park, you could probably pull off a glow round.

It's not OK to play Ken Caryl after dark, it's a private club open to DG'ers only during the day. It may be possible to play Fehringer Ranch, it's right off Hwy 285 on the west side, and isn't close to any houses. Not sure of the local ordinance concerning the close time. Schaefer is close to there too, 9 holes, but you will fall in to prairie dog holes if you play there in the dark.

I'm definitely interested in Peak One for our glow round. Creative parking is no sweat, and it wouldn't be the first time we had ourselves a little stroll to get into a park. No full moon unfortunately, but a brand new crescent, which works too.

WGC, think you could steer us to a good place to park/walk from?

What do you think about the Lake Dillon course? Looks more remote too? Good option?

No prairie dog holes, please.

There are some random parking lots across hwy 9 from the park on peak one boulevard. It would maybe be a 5min walk? I would scope out the area on Google maps. The course starts next to the baseball field.
As for Lake Dillon dgc, the terrain is kinda rugged. I highly doubt you'd have any problems parking there at night but with that terrain you could twist an ankle fairly easily. The course is kinda new and there is a lot of debris on the fairways. Use your best judgement!:thmbup: