• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cold play sucks!

you're complaining about 37 degrees? HAHAHAHAHA! i feel your pain, i'm sorry

we had -25 degree wind chills yesterday, needless to say i was out playing in my 2 acre backyard with my 320 foot hole set up, also in about 20 inches of light fluffy snow (really fun to find discs in), it was suburb.

unless it was windy 37F is nothing...I was out with a thick(for a button up) long sleeve t-shirt when it was in the high 20's and was fine. Maybe a bit cold, but not enough to bother me, though it was barely even breezy.

Yeah guys, move south...I wore shorts in the 40 degree springs in NY too, something about 110 in the shade effs you up for cold handling.

I also lived in Maine for 3 years, we had a day where we couldn't even walk to school because it was -80 wind chill...freaking nuts. I also lived in Cuba which makes Florida look like Wisconsin for heat.

So..like I said, I know I am a wuss because I live down here now...its just the way it is...and I was cold...so bite it. ;)

Yeah guys, move south...I wore shorts in the 40 degree springs in NY too, something about 110 in the shade effs you up for cold handling.

I also lived in Maine for 3 years, we had a day where we couldn't even walk to school because it was -80 wind chill...freaking nuts. I also lived in Cuba which makes Florida look like Wisconsin for heat.

So..like I said, I know I am a wuss because I live down here now...its just the way it is...and I was cold...so bite it. ;)

I worked down in gerogia this summer....Its hell down there, serously! So humid and hot you can hardly breath! Good new was, when i came back to michign and it was a only 88 degreese, it felt niiice!

I went out and played today for a while. Problem here, we had a lot of rain before the temps dropped. The ground froze, until today when temps got just above freezing. The mud was awful!. I ended up just practicing my non-existant back hand driving on a dry, open fairway. For clothing, I wore jeans, a long sleeve T, and a pull over wind breaker. In my bag, I put a couple of the "shake and bake" hand warmers in the net pocket in the lid and kept the bag closed. It kept the discs warm enough that they weren't too stiff.

The key to the cheap "shake and bake" hand warmers, is to get them going early, and keep them in a pocket or confined space. We used a lot of them during the ice storm we had early this year, with no power for over two weeks.

David

Man another flood warning here...supposed to have a tourney Sunday...high of 40 and rainy...not quite sure I am even gonna try that one!

I played earlier this week when it was about 30 out and the biggest thing I noticed was how discs skip a lot more on the frozen ground. I had an approach shot of about 100' and landed a bit short but the disc took an awesome skip right into the basket for a birdie.

i feel that i can putt for the life of me and my drives are always off now and i live in texas i bet your frezzing balls

Yeah I figured based on your location...but try Wisconsin heat plus humidity :(. And I guess this past summer was actually mild compared to usual(I didn't really remember what past summers had been like)

I played the other day in the 40s, felt good except the ground's been swampy forever. I hate cold playing, I'd play in it more often but it was all yellow.

I played the other day in the 40s, felt good except the ground's been swampy forever. I hate cold playing, I'd play in it more often but it was all yellow.

Swampy pee water is the worst to play in. ;)

Might want to retire any precious DX discs you cherish, they like to crack in the cold. I recall the time my bozo buddy tapped my old Aviar putter that I was lending him against a tree to get the snow out. Yup, cracked in half.:doh:

lol 37 and that's cold? I've been playing in less than that for the past month.

Yeah, I don't deny that one bit! Especially considering, It snowed on me while I was playing Hills. In October! (I enjoyed it!:thmbup:)

I played in the 30 degrees today...I like getting out there and don't mind the cold...but man I hate playing with layers on. It is so constricting and I am certainly not as good with three shirts on and limited mobility.

It may be cold, but the nice thing about this time of year, down in our area.

1. We can still play in the winter time.
2. No Bugs
3. The Snakes and the Alligators are hibernation! -Big Plus