• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Collegiate Championships

Purdue is gonna kill it today and tomorrow in singles, and be too far ahead by sunday for anyone to catch up to them.

Well, it looks like my Kansas State-ers didn't do so well on day one. They have some great players that could definitely out-score me, but I'm hoping it's just a case of tournament jitters. I went out and played 3 of the courses on Wednesday and managed to get a practice round with them at the Headrick course.... Didn't go well at all. I beat them all by several strokes and even left a few out there. I think they will pull it together for a good showing and will surely have a great time. I'm happy for them regardless of how they do. They are the best bunch of guys to play with and have an amazing club out there in Manhattan.

My son plays for Liberty University, they're tied for 11th 7 back. GO Flames!!!!!!!!!!

My son plays for Liberty University, they're tied for 11th 7 back. GO Flames!!!!!!!!!!
GO FLAMES!!!!

Wish they'd had a course back in the old days when I was there. Of course, the school looked RADICALLY different back in the late 80s than it does now.

(And if you'd like to contribute, I've started a discussion about the tournament over at flamefans.com -- could use some more disc golf conversation on that board!)

So with all the talk a couple months ago about pre-rankings and the tournament right around the corner, I'm wondering who you chachkeys think will win this year?
I'd be willing to bet good money/plastic on my buds from CSU, and they weren't even pre-ranked if I remember correctly.

CSU was 45th on the list, but that was before they knew that Austin and Jared would be playing for CSU. They are two of the top rated players in the entire tournament.

On that note, I predict that CSU will win this thing. Austin and Jared are just too good and Lugo and Ryan are not that far behind.

Last edited:
They are definitely a hidden gem. No one east of the Mississippi river has heard of them really.

Have to go with Augusta State, they won last year me thinks. Otherwise, its going to be South Carolina or the homeboys Georgia.

I can hear the fat lady singing and damn she sounds good.
Like I said from the get go CSU would be putting the beatdown on all you higher ranked schools.
Nice work Rams!

I can hear the fat lady singing and damn she sounds good.
Like I said from the get go CSU would be putting the beatdown on all you higher ranked schools.
Nice work Rams!

Just curious, you know what the guys on their team are rated? They're just smoking everyone ...

Latest posts