• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Colorado Courses Update Thread

CHU was pulled because of the increase in student traffic on the course and the realization that there were not enough memberships sold to continue the maintenance on the course as originally proposed.

Plus, the school did not realize how popular the course would be and felt the "security" could not handle all the disc traffic.

I am currently in the process of getting approval to put in a new 18 hole course in Greeley, I'll let yall know how it goes.

As far as awesome courses go:
Public:
Badlands, birds nest, edora, outback, Dillon, Sterling, Conifer, and Fort Morgan are all excellent courses with lots of variety.
Private:
Phantom Fall, Beaver Meadows, Beaver Ranch, Jellystone, Sundance, Buckhorn, bucksnort, Ghosttown, and many more

Hey Josh, good to hear about another 18 hole course in the Greeley area. Keep us posted. I enjoyed that round we played a year or two ago. :thmbup:

CHU was pulled because of the increase in student traffic on the course and the realization that there were not enough memberships sold to continue the maintenance on the course as originally proposed.

Plus, the school did not realize how popular the course would be and felt the "security" could not handle all the disc traffic.

I am currently in the process of getting approval to put in a new 18 hole course in Greeley, I'll let yall know how it goes.

As far as awesome courses go:
Public:
Badlands, birds nest, edora, outback, Dillon, Sterling, Conifer, and Fort Morgan are all excellent courses with lots of variety.
Private:
Phantom Fall, Beaver Meadows, Beaver Ranch, Jellystone, Sundance, Buckhorn, bucksnort, Ghosttown, and many more

Another course in Greeley would be great! I love Outback.

I'm not so sure about CHU being pulled because of funds. I played with tag 160 and at $75 a pop they were pulling in at least $12,000 in 2014 alone. Security is also a question for me. I was asked only once for my membership in 2 years as a member. I feel a little let down by that. I think you're right on about the amount of traffic the course was getting during school hours and a kid being hit didn't help any.

Sad it's gone but at least we will have some new courses to talk about.... moving on

I'm working to improve the new course (Fehringer Ranch) down the street from CHU. We'll be having a planning meeting on the 22nd

Fehringer Ranch Planning Meeting
June 22nd, 2015 @ 5:30
3624 South Kipling Street Denver, CO 80235.

It's open to everyone to attend

Are you talking about El Pomar (Youth Sports Complex map)? I see there's a police impound near by and a small creek?

Yup! If that courses layout is put in with the few water hazards involved, it has the potential to one of the best courses on the "flatter" part of the front range. There is a LOT of clean up in that area that needs to take place but it's got trees, water, elevation, and I believe a few par 4's. I can easily see solid 4 disc ratings in its future.:thmbup:

El Pomar DGC --> Fountain Creek DGC

Yup! If that courses layout is put in with the few water hazards involved, it has the potential to one of the best courses on the "flatter" part of the front range. There is a LOT of clean up in that area that needs to take place but it's got trees, water, elevation, and I believe a few par 4's. I can easily see solid 4 disc ratings in its future.:thmbup:

It looks like the name was changed to Fountain Creek DGC. From the layout of the land it looks to have great potential and TREES and WATER carries!!! :clap:

Here's the original design (PDF)

and the most recent update

Fountain Creek DGC (google map)

I thought I heard the baskets from CHU were going to Conifer for another 18 there!!!:clap:

I thought I heard the baskets from CHU were going to Conifer for another 18 there!!!:clap:

I heard they were purchased but I never heard where they were going. Conifer or Beaver Ranch is suppose to get another 18....can't remember which.

Fehringer Ranch Planning Meeting
January 22nd, 2015 @ 5:30
3624 South Kipling Street Denver, CO 80235.

It's open to everyone to attend

Updated, damn auto correct

I too am looking to move to Co, but from Iowa.

Looking through the dgcr map is...depressing

How muddy are the courses in Denver and Fort Collins?

A few were bad a couple days ago but playable. Should be decent today.

I too am looking to move to Co, but from Iowa.

Looking through the dgcr map is...depressing

A majority of Colorados top course are in the mountains. As far as metropolitan areas goes, I came from the Chicagoland area and I thought those courses lacked in quality but the Denver area REALLY lacks quality. The year round ability to play is way better in Denvers metro area than in the Midwest.

A majority of Colorados top course are in the mountains. As far as metropolitan areas goes, I came from the Chicagoland area and I thought those courses lacked in quality but the Denver area REALLY lacks quality. The year round ability to play is way better in Denvers metro area than in the Midwest.

Yeah I have looked through a majority of the mountain courses. They look like an amazing adventure/awesome time out in the wilderness vs quality disc golf.
It'll be an adjustment, more time to focus on mountain biking, snowboarding, kayaking, and other outdoor sports instead.

Yeah I have looked through a majority of the mountain courses. They look like an amazing adventure/awesome time out in the wilderness vs quality disc golf.
It'll be an adjustment, more time to focus on mountain biking, snowboarding, kayaking, and other outdoor sports instead.

I don't know what you do for a living, but if you want to focus on those other interests, and play better courses, avoid the Front Range and look for a place in the mountains. Good jobs will be more limited, though. The mountains are where you will want to be anyway.

I keep hearing rumors about a course being put in Fairplay (the real South Park). Anybody else hear anything?? :popcorn: :popcorn:

Latest posts