• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Colorado Courses Update Thread

Planning Meeting this evening 3624 South Kipling Street Denver, CO 80235 @ 530 for Fehringer Ranch DGC in Littleton.

I thought I would revive this thread and ask if anyone has had a chance to play Paulie's new course, Eagles Vista DGC. I'll be in Colorado in May, and i'm thinking of giving him a call to see about a tee time. Any other thoughts on the course?

I thought I would revive this thread and ask if anyone has had a chance to play Paulie's new course, Eagles Vista DGC. I'll be in Colorado in May, and i'm thinking of giving him a call to see about a tee time. Any other thoughts on the course?

I see someone did put up the first review for it, although I didn't find it especially helpful. I'm guessing it's very similar to Bucksnort, which I believe is more or less on the same piece of property. Your discs can end up in roll-away hell on those rocks and slopes!

New course in Colorado Springs should be in for May 1 opening. Won't have concrete pads as we are trying to tweak some of the placements. Another is slated for July if we can come up with funding. Rottenwood will be going through major redesign. Widefield might be temporarily closed due to a stormwater project that will run the length, no closing date yet, when I know I'll put it on the course description. Might have another private course p2p that will be opening up near the Sakuna property.

The Thunderhead DGC is offically open and has 19 new tee signs. Come out to the mountains and throw!

Anyone heard of a DGC project in Lakewood (near bear creek)?

Bear Creek is actually in southwest Denver, but i've not heard of a project there. Fehringer Ranch is not far from Bear Creek, and back in the 90's there was a pretty decent course located on Fort Logan Nat'l Cemetery open space, but was pulled because of players trashing the property. Bear Creek runs right by there.

Would be nice if there is something cooking, Denver needs to catch up with the trend.

There is 33 acres approved by the city (that land actually is part of Denver) and will be open towards the end of summer. I trust my sources and cannot wait.. that property looks amazing!

Thanks Jeffmonty and Seehad, Good to hear that the rumor might be real! Seehad, please keep us posted. I volunteer out at Fehringer and would love to help if needed.

Any word on new courses coming in? This has been a pretty quiet year for Colorado for new courses so far.

That's good news. The Optimist course has been there since 2002, and in that time some holes have been removed and some added. It's always been one of my favorites to play, and IMO one of the best courses the state. Definitely the best Colorado course east of the great mountain courses. From the way I understand it, the "Pessimist" course is the additional 18 holes they temporarily put in adjacent to the Optimist course for tournaments (High Plains Challenge). It sounds like they are going to make that a permanent addition. That was something that has been talked about for some time, and it's great to hear that it's finally going to happen.

Last edited:
Anyone hear anything about the Sunlight course's layout changing? I played it last year and enjoyed it, but I heard the layout had a pretty major change and it's not nearly as fun anymore. Any word?

I see the new Pessimist course in Ft. Morgan has been listed on here now, so I guess it's open for play. Any of you that have not been out there yet to play the Optimist course, now there is even more reason to do it. Buddy of mine said to tell anyone to bring lots of good bug spray.

Latest posts