• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Colorado Courses Update Thread

I noticed a few more course added to DGCR in CO. Anyone play Two Mile High in Fairplay? Anyone know anything about Arapahoe Basin Course? Are they planning on getting more than 3 baskets? Anyone play The Dock in Aurora? It's a nautical themed course!

I just finished a redesign of Dry Creek in Longmont. Looks like it'll be approved, just waiting on the OK for the mowing schedule. That course kinda' got dumped in my lap, but should be actually playable this spring. The property is what it is, but I feel I squeaked enough fun holes in to be worth playing. It is still a BIG course, though. I was able to get approval to use the hill by the entrance for a tee pad, so there's a 750' bomb out there with a great view!

Can anyone fill me in on whats happening at Camenisch Park? Is it two separate 18 holes courses or just one 18 with a new layout?

Can anyone fill me in on whats happening at Camenisch Park? Is it two separate 18 holes courses or just one 18 with a new layout?

The way I understand it is the Blair Witch part of the course has been redesigned and improved somewhat and is now 18 holes. It's called "Hylands" now. That makes two 18-hole layouts, with the Badlands course pretty much unchanged. Print the maps off or hook up with some locals if you can, I know navigation can be a bit of an issue out there. Good luck

The way I understand it is the Blair Witch part of the course has been redesigned and improved somewhat and is now 18 holes. It's called "Hylands" now. That makes two 18-hole layouts, with the Badlands course pretty much unchanged. Print the maps off or hook up with some locals if you can, I know navigation can be a bit of an issue out there. Good luck

I went to Denver to find out for myself. You are correct, it is 2 total different 18 holes courses in the 1 park. The Badlands has been left unchanged. The Hylands seems to be somewhat of a work in progress. Grass/dirt tee pads and navigation is quite tricky in spots.

I went to Denver to find out for myself. You are correct, it is 2 total different 18 holes courses in the 1 park. The Badlands has been left unchanged. The Hylands seems to be somewhat of a work in progress. Grass/dirt tee pads and navigation is quite tricky in spots.

I was a bit late seeing your post, or I would have responded sooner. I guess things worked out. I saw your review of Globeville, I haven't bothered to play that one yet. To be honest, I probably never will. There are too many new, better options I haven't played yet in that area that I need to get to first.

I was a bit late seeing your post, or I would have responded sooner. I guess things worked out. I saw your review of Globeville, I haven't bothered to play that one yet. To be honest, I probably never will. There are too many new, better options I haven't played yet in that area that I need to get to first.

Yea the only reason I played it, was that my friend lives within walking distance. We ended up just using the park for some field throwing after about 20 minutes of trying to figure out the course.

Looks like they laid out the holes. http://www.parkerrec.com/DocumentCenter/View/24518 Took a bit longer but looks like they are doing the best with the land they have adding some "mounds" as obstacles. Would rather have more trees but it could be a good course!

This is the course we discussed on page 1 of this thread. Nearly all the trees they show on the "conceptual site plan" do not now exist. I'm also not really seeing where they're putting the dog park. I hope it ends up being interesting enough to keep players playing it, but i'll say again, they're wasting the wooded area east of the proposed course area. Maybe it's protected wetland or something?

Looks like dog park is in lower right area of park?

Last edited:
This is the course we discussed on page 1 of this thread. Nearly all the trees they show on the "conceptual site plan" do not now exist. I'm also not really seeing where they're putting the dog park. I hope it ends up being interesting enough to keep players playing it, but i'll say again, they're wasting the wooded area east of the proposed course area. Maybe it's protected wetland or something?

Looks like dog park is in lower right area of park?
It's protected federal land all along Cherry Creek, basically starting at the sidewalk east. The plan is also just a concept. Unfortunately I haven't been able to make any meetings but it'll be another course similar to Village Greens from what I've heard from those who have.

Still nice to have another option to play in this area.

It's protected federal land all along Cherry Creek, basically starting at the sidewalk east. The plan is also just a concept. Unfortunately I haven't been able to make any meetings but it'll be another course similar to Village Greens from what I've heard from those who have.

Still nice to have another option to play in this area.

If it's Village Greens with better tee signs and navigation signs, that would be a solid course.

Speaking of the best the land can provide......

I'll be out at Dry Creek Park in Longmont next Wednesday, 3/2/16 to guide the city workers on relocating the baskets for the new redesign. It's not pretty work, but if anyone is bored.....

I'll be out at Dry Creek Park in Longmont next Wednesday, 3/2/16 to guide the city workers on relocating the baskets for the new redesign. It's not pretty work, but if anyone is bored.....

I haven't played Dry Creek yet, but just curious, what happened? It looks like it was installed just last year, and it already needs a redesign? It's unfortunate, but that was quick.

Hope you get a better course out of it, and you're able to round up a crew.

I haven't played Dry Creek yet, but just curious, what happened? It looks like it was installed just last year, and it already needs a redesign? It's unfortunate, but that was quick.

Hope you get a better course out of it, and you're able to round up a crew.

It was designed a long time ago, and since the layout the park has changed. There was also never a mowing schedule, so it was unplayable with 4' tall grass. When I took over the Longs Peak Club, it kinda' got dumped in my lap. I've gotten mowing approved, but the course needed to be redone as they can't mow some of the natural areas and they've since built houses in places that would have made the old layout dangerous.

It was a grassy field with 700' hole after 700' foot hole. Wide open and grassy as heck. The old design should have never been put in, honestly. I've tried to get the baskets moved to another park, but the city won't have it.

The new layout is more playable and should have some fun holes, considering the property. It will never be great, but it should at least be worth a stop when we're done.

Honestly it's a pain in the a$$, but once it's done we should be able to move onto better things. We just got 9 DisCatchers donated from Amgen that we're trying to find a home for.

Problem is, the club was obligated to get it playable, so lucky me!

Wish I was close by. Hope you get enough help!

I hope the city sends enough help, lol! They're supposed to do baskets, we got tee pads. Based on the history so far, I'm expecting a guy and a shovel.

Next time I'm back there I'll pm you ahead, and maybe you can show me out there at Dry Creek.

On another note, I saw on another thread you were commenting on the tee pads out at what I guessed was Pessimist. Those 2 courses out there are a great day trip, are they not! Too bad they're not closer to the front range.

Latest posts