• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Colorado Courses Update Thread

Only about an hour from me. Love 'em, but Optimist is in serious need of basic tlc. I have never had more trouble navigating such an amazing course. A little signage would go a long way. Pessimist is everything a Discgolfpark should be.

I hope the city sends enough help, lol! They're supposed to do baskets, we got tee pads. Based on the history so far, I'm expecting a guy and a shovel.

I will hopefully be down in Denver to play some courses and visit a friend soon. I'll PM you next time I'm heading down that way to see if I can help. It would be nice to knock the Longmont courses off my list anyway.

I will hopefully be down in Denver to play some courses and visit a friend soon. I'll PM you next time I'm heading down that way to see if I can help. It would be nice to knock the Longmont courses off my list anyway.

Not to toot our own horn, but they're the best 9 holers in Colorado. In the tourney layout, even was 1000 rated round. Being 5 minutes apart makes for a great 18 holes!

There is 33 acres approved by the city (that land actually is part of Denver) and will be open towards the end of summer. I trust my sources and cannot wait.. that property looks amazing!

Regarding Bear Creek:

Anymore info on this, is something still happening? I would love to volunteer sometime if this gets rolling.

Regarding Bear Creek:

Anymore info on this, is something still happening? I would love to volunteer sometime if this gets rolling.
From pure hear say, there was a meeting with parks and Rec and the proposal was rejected.

Any word on tee pads for Dry Creek? I thought some of them were in. I found myself on the wrong side of that creek more often than not. Couldn't see it. It's definitely a bomber course. Looking forward to its evolution.

Tee pads will be put it throughout the year. The map is needed to play it now, I'm trying to get more mowing done but getting the mower in there may be the challenge. I was actually surprised by how well it played considering the property, I hope we can keep the grass at bay.

It's definitely a bomber course with an emphasis on placement. I was happy to avoid the creek on my way to a -3, but I think it will come into play quite a bit. ESPECIALLY on a windy day.

I played it on Wednesday, did I see you out there Threevok?

I haven't played it in at least a year. It was super windy and I had no idea if I was throwing to or from the right places. I remember the earth being very soft in many areas so I can imagine mowing will be interesting.

Played the Firestone course Saturday. Nice and flat and no pesky trees to get in the way. There are a ton of new trees but I don't see them shaping the fairways. Nice concrete tee pads and Chainstar baskets. A bunch of 300 ft holes so I could enjoy my midranges. Map.

Don't know if it was intentional but the first 9 holes are short and put you back at parking and the final 9 have some long holes and 18 still finishes as parking. Cool.

Does anyone know when Myers Ranch will officially open? I played Beaver Ranch last weekend and the pro shop said it should be very soon.

I"ve not heard about Myers Ranch yet. What am I missing? I assume it's in the Conifer area?

I've heard rumors of this new course. I'm excited it sounds like its true. Hopefully close in quality to Beaver Ranch.

It is supposed to be right across hwy 285 from Beaver Ranch. The guy at the pro shop said it should be ready by late May. :hfive: Let's hope.

So is it true that Sakuna Pines is done for good? I heard the land was being sold.

My buds playing the Sakuna Matada tourney said the course would be closed for good right after the tourney.

A DGCR member posted that Jellystone was closed but the same buds played it after the Sakuna Matada tourney.

Also, one of the DGCR members planning a Colorado trip told me Beaver Ranch is now only open on weekends.

Last edited:
Also, one of the DGCR members planning a Colorado trip told me Beaver Ranch is now only open on weekends.

I haven't heard that. That place wouldn't close during the week, I don't think. It's too busy making buckets of money.