• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Colossus

Why don't you guys create a landfill thread and moan there, so threads can be about their topic.

How does the Colossus feel in hand?

Why don't you guys create a landfill thread and moan there, so threads can be about their topic.

The rim is as wide as a Boss but not as thick. A Boss is not comfortable for me to grip but the Colossus feels good. I threw my orange 170 Colossus and it was a real hyzer flip bomber. The Colossus comes out fast and seems to keep going when I thought it was going to fade out. I don't throw a lot of full power shots this time of year but I was able to throw 400' in some marginal conditions which is good for me as I max out at 420' mid season.

Maybe its the lighter weight (170) but mine was flying like a longer star Tern. This might be one of those discs that are better in champion plastic vs Star.

These forums are intended for intelligent discussion about disc golf, not for personal arguments or debating contests. Banning is a perfectly respectable reaction to users who frequently allow their emotions to interfere with productive discussion about the thread's topic.
Speaking of thread topic, I've noticed that high speed drivers tend to have a more dramatic transition from overstable for low power to understable for high power (evidenced by the fact that putters and midranges mostly fly relatively straight regardless what speed they are thrown at.
Personally, this disc may find a place in my bag. The Destroyer is a favorite of mine, but the Boss does not fly significantly further on the course, and therefore doesn't warrant being carried.

Ban Snap AND SD86.

Nvm just ban SD86

:D:thmbup::D:thmbup::D:thmbup:

The rim is as wide as a Boss but not as thick. A Boss is not comfortable for me to grip but the Colossus feels good.

Wut:confused:

These forums are intended for intelligent discussion about disc golf, not for personal arguments or debating contests.

^^
^^That right there disproves your point. Not intelligent discussion.

I don't even know why you quoted me. Oh wait, I inadvertently wrote thick instead of deep. I'm really glad you jumped on that little error. You sir are a true scholar.

I threw a Colossus the other day, and it really surprised me. I thought it was going to be a flip machine, but I threw it about 85% power with a generous hyzer angle (because I thought it would turn and burn). It flipped up a TINY bit, held for a while, and faded out strong. Seemed like a pretty cool disc. It didn't feel quite as wide as a Boss to me (the PDGA spec sheet says it is a 2.5, just like the Boss though...), but still wider than a Destroyer. The depth was definitely on the shallower side like a Tern.

I threw it once...bout 75% power on a hyzer
this was a 168g stock stamp blue disc
it moved to the right while staying hyzer. don't see that too often!
pretty cool. effortless Distance! also its really comfy for a speed 14

Cannon or King, both are super long.

I have a hard time believing that the cannon is going to be that much further than a similar speed/similar flight driver that Innova puts out.

Lol... False advertising! So cute.

WEBPAGE_20160203_065831.jpg

Wonder if any other companies wbo claim to have 14 speed molds can give them legalese?!