• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I've run all Comets...about the only time I run into trouble is on breezy days.

Same, and living in the midwest, that's almost every day (unless it's unbearably hot or cold)

I learned years ago that having a slightly more overstable disc is ok, and it makes a round in the wind a LOT less stressful.

Or you guys could just power down a driver;)
I'm somewhat FH dominant, I gotta have an OS mid I can put some stank on. FD2 and especially a Firebird are prone to skipping even powered down. Quake is actually taking more shots away from my Zone.

And I do FH neutral and even flippy discs. Only in a pinch will I FH a Comet though.

I bag 2 Comets (MJ '19 ESP, and a beat Elite-X), and I pair them with a Big Z Wasp and a TF Malta. I have an 4x Buzzz in the bag, but something about that lack of a bead makes it feel and fly really funny for me. I also carry 2 Zones and a 5X Luna which go almost as far as my mids, but require higher lines. I've gone to a 5 disc bag with just a Fierce, Zone, Comet, Stalker and Raptor, but I definitely miss having some thing between a Zone and a Comet.

A buddy was cleaning out his brothers garage and came across this golden oldie. He said this was from around 1998 and thought it was an old TP Comet. Either way, I'm gonna throw this in the bag the next time I go out.
8febc983cd04a5ebb35f90a2a5f9b355.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this coming my way. Stumbled onto a Facebook post that had a comment from MJ confirming these are the most stable Comets ever made and a comment from Jeff Korns stating he had some for sale. My all blue bag will be happy.
b010f82f3261a8ea122da66c8d284120.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Got this coming my way. Stumbled onto a Facebook post that had a comment from MJ confirming these are the most stable Comets ever made and a comment from Jeff Korns stating he had some for sale. My all blue bag will be happy.
b010f82f3261a8ea122da66c8d284120.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

So you're who took that one! I'm extremely jealous, and want a detailed review ASAP.

Has anyone thrown the ledgestone cryztal sparkle comets? Got one that might just stay in my collection, since it's clear but if it flies nice I might have some color dyed into it and put it in the thrower pile.

Anyone throw the new run of big z? Not a huge fan of the stamp but they have some real nice neon yellow ones that would look good in my bag. Hoping they have a little stability, my old esp is is getting a little squirrelly.

Edit : I'd also consider paying a little extra for the tour series if I could find a nice bright yellow. Again, those stamps are just about the laziest thing I've seen, but I love mj and comets

Has anyone thrown the ledgestone cryztal sparkle comets? Got one that might just stay in my collection, since it's clear but if it flies nice I might have some color dyed into it and put it in the thrower pile.
I didn't see those. I have a Ledgestone Sparkle Z from last year and it had a lot of fade for a Comet, but I didn't know they did a CryZtal Sparkle run.

Which means you have to throw it and tell us. :thmbup:

Anyone throw the new run of big z? Not a huge fan of the stamp but they have some real nice neon yellow ones that would look good in my bag. Hoping they have a little stability, my old esp is is getting a little squirrelly.

Edit : I'd also consider paying a little extra for the tour series if I could find a nice bright yellow. Again, those stamps are just about the laziest thing I've seen, but I love mj and comets

I've got a new big Z, Ledgestone cryztal sparkle, and new tour series comet. The big z is fairly understable since it's pretty flat. It feels the best imo since I like gummier plastic. It flies fantastic though but definitely doesn't have a ton of stability. The Ledgestone and new tour series are very similar. Great stability's for comets.

In terms of comets, pretty beefy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So does it fade out from an anny line, or just hold that line? Trying to find a beaded DC mid to replace the Buzzz, but no one wants to give up their beat Wasps.

So does it fade out from an anny line, or just hold that line? Trying to find a beaded DC mid to replace the Buzzz, but no one wants to give up their beat Wasps.

In true fashion, it depends. I can throw them and have them come out of a force turn. But, it does require a little more height than I usually throw them on if I'm going to do that. If you've ever thrown a fresh DX Shark, I would equate it to that. Very straight with a decent amount of fade to it. Because of the higher shoulder and dome, they are a very glidey comet, so be careful you don't sail past the basket ;-)

In true fashion, it depends. I can throw them and have them come out of a force turn. But, it does require a little more height than I usually throw them on if I'm going to do that. If you've ever thrown a fresh DX Shark, I would equate it to that. Very straight with a decent amount of fade to it. Because of the higher shoulder and dome, they are a very glidey comet, so be careful you don't sail past the basket ;-)

Well I'm sold. Now I just need to find a pretty pink one.

I was looking at Discraft's flight chart today and noticed that the Titanium Comet wasn't listed as being in production currently. Yet I see it for sale at all of the disc retailers. Is it going to be OOP soon, or was that just a mistake on Discraft's end?