• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comet lovers

How many 3rd run ESPs will you buy?

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

• 10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock

Votes: 5 7.1%

• 6-10

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • all the pink ones I can find :)

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
Several of us have already tried to put together another ESP run.
I think the problem is that we have been taking turns pulling and haven't all pulled together at the same time.
Y'all know I'm down for some more ESP. I'll do what I can to help and I can draw up a beautiful stamp.

Last time I checked, an order of ESP Comets would haave to be 1500 pieces @ $8.70 each. That is $13,050.00 and it does not include shipping.
If we could do them for a tournament the price would drop but we'd have to include the tourney name and date in the stamp. I think there are "tourneys" we could hold if it gets us a big discount :wink: :wink: :wink:

I'm wondering if we can team up with Discraft's USAmateur DGChampionships.
They usually do a disc in a unique plastic as a fundraiser... we could get them to put a touch more Z plastic into the ESP and maybe some sparkles, too.
And it might be a good way to get Discraft to reduce the price and quantity we'd have to buy.

Seriously guys, let's hash this out! Let's get some custom ESP Comets run!

Trey133 said:
We have a light at the end of the tunnel, a number of discraft sponsored players around NC would like to see more made. I feel this might help ESP production get pushed, I've talked with a business owner in my area who would like his business' stamp on the disc so he might be able to front the overage?

Maybe, I'm just sayin. We should coordinate. Cause I want more. More sentences. More ESP comets. More. . . .

DC is crazy to not make these production or another limited run. They almost make it seem as if they're not going to make money from doing this. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO....WTF is the problem here? Especially when DC sponsored folks are saying they want them.

I want to go on record, for whatever that is worth, as saying I think going for a tourney disc would be the best idea. That way the stamp could be sweet, price could be great and options could be more.

I also think that if we try to pull from several resources (those online, dgr, dgcr, others), clubs, collectors, and other spots would be our best option and we could sell a bunch. I would buy a bunch, especially if they were RR style and sparkle.

I refuse to spend more than $20 on something I intend to throw repeatedly into dirt, trees, rocks, and yucky stuff. I just don't get that.

Redisculous said:
I refuse to spend more than $20 on something I intend to throw repeatedly into dirt, trees, rocks, and yucky stuff. I just don't get that.

Insert "your mom" or other clever joke here.

I thought this was funny:
Nate Krahn on the [url=http://www.discraft.com/team_krahn.html said:
Discraft team page[/url]"]ESP Comet
This disc is understable for the most part. I can really crank it and it won't ever come back. But if I put too much finesse then it will hyzer out early. I will use this disc for long downhill shots or long up shots. I would only drive this disc if it were a short hole. I'd say about 250ft is the max distance I would try and get out of this disc.

Basically he's saying if he stops 'monkeying the Comet then it isn't understable. Huh. Imagine that.

He (Nate Krahn) was throwing a Z Comet a lot in a tourney round yesterday, but told me he was still in the testing stages with it. Most midrange shots were with a Zone.

Who got the last glo comet? This guy! I'll sell it for $150.00. That seems to being the going rate for comets these days :lol:

I'm just putting this out there,

Dynamic discs is doing for discraft what discgolfvalues is doing for innova. They're basically creating their own collector market by marketing small batches and one time runs. VERY SMART!

I'm pretty excited! I wish I was more involved with Discraft so I actually knew when this stuff was coming out haha!

Latest posts