• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comet lovers

How many 3rd run ESPs will you buy?

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

• 10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock

Votes: 5 7.1%

• 6-10

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • all the pink ones I can find :)

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
Made a few SWEEEEEEET comet shots today, my X is way too straight still even after quite a few very heavy tree hits :(

JR said:
turso said:
Made a few SWEEEEEEET comet shots today, my X is way too straight still even after quite a few very heavy tree hits :(

Not possible there's no such thing as too straight.
There is if you're looking for a turnover disc.

Nah you are mixing up two roles. Yeah new X Comet does flex out out of some anny shots but there are other discs suitable for turnovers or you could get a lighter X Comet which would increase D once the disc has been turned over. Straight shot is a different disc slot in the bag as turnover. It doesn't mean that you couldn't use a single mold or a single disc for both. If you want to but IMO X Comet ain't as good filling both roles as broken in X Comet for turnovers and something more HSS for straight role.

Well yesterday was my first day with Comets ever, short of feeling them up in the store. I've been rocking the Buzzz/Fuse combo for a while now, and the rim felt very uncomfortable for most of them round. It flew well for me, considering I had never thrown a Comet before. All in all it flew very similar to my GL Fuse, with a touch less speed and a touch more HSS. It was more controlled for straight shots and small turnovers where my Fuse had been flipping/turning too much for me, though it could have just been because it was new.

I also took out my Vector for a second evaluation, so I'm hoping my hands adjust to beaded mids soon. Overall I liked them both, though I'm not ready to declare them "in the bag" yet. It'll be tough to give up the Buzzz and Fuse given how good they've been to me in the past.

PS: I only snagged 5 ESP Comets...hopefully they'll last till the next run if I decide to stick with Comets.

Unity said:
I only snagged 5 ESP Comets...hopefully they'll last till the next run if I decide to stick with Comets.
A good thing about Comets is that they are usually going so slow when they hit something that damages are minimal.

HA the esps take forever to beat in, I've had one esp in the bag for over a year and half and it's still stable, they stay flying straight forever as long as you have a domey near max weight one.

They're 177g and domey...don't know if they're domey for a Comet, but compared to my Buzzzes, Fuses, and Vector they're hella-domey.

I've carried a Comet for the better part of my two years of playing, using it only as a situational accompaniment to my Rocs, and have recently decided to make them my primary mid. I currently have two 177g Zs and a recent 173g ESP. I'd like to get a set of Xs to use for practice, technique work, and possibly to fill the turn over slot. Since my primary experience is with the heavy Zs I'm curious what X weights might best fit this role. I'm inclined to go lighter than I normally would in the interest of working form flaws but would welcome some recommendations on the best X weights for this. For reference I usually carry a low 170s and 180 Roc, drivers in the 167 range.

Thanks in advance.

Honestly, the comet (especially in x) is quite a touchy disc already. I don't think there is any need to go with lighter weights unless you want to welcome severe wind issues. I have a couple yellow Xs that are about 178-179 and they are wonderful turnover discs after you throw them a few times.

Latest posts