• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CommunityDiscs.com

I just got the info this morning. They are releasing an absurd # of products on black friday. No plan yet. I'll figure it out late tonight. I hope to be able to offer at least one fun bundle of items.

I am saddened that MVP (after producing nothing but extremely durable plastic) has decided to produce a less durable product.

On a slightly related note:
2011 Final run of Opaque Ions available at Community right now!
http://CommunityDiscs.com/Ion

I just got the info this morning. They are releasing an absurd # of products on black friday. No plan yet. I'll figure it out late tonight. I hope to be able to offer at least one fun bundle of items.

Thanks for the reply Justin. I look forward to seeing what kind of bundle you cook up!

I am saddened that MVP (after producing nothing but extremely durable plastic) has decided to produce a less durable product.

Interesting - would you care to elaborate at all? Is this speaking as a seller, a player, or some combination of the two? I'm at least happy to have the prospect of base plastic for putters - I've never cared for premium plastic putters for feel reasons, save Vibram, which is a unique case.

Thanks for the reply Justin. I look forward to seeing what kind of bundle you cook up!

Interesting - would you care to elaborate at all? Is this speaking as a seller, a player, or some combination of the two? I'm at least happy to have the prospect of base plastic for putters - I've never cared for premium plastic putters for feel reasons, save Vibram, which is a unique case.
I hear you. I was always an Aviar DX person until Vibram took over my putter slots -like most of the rest of my bag ;)

I know there is a preference of feel there and I don't want to diminish that. As a reseller I just hate to see MFG's add a new plastic and release all their existing models in that rather than work on actual new products.

Though I STILL don't have anything on the site about this I've always focused (almost exclusively) on premium plastics. I don't want to sell people junk. I can't speak for the quality of this base plastic. I am hoping (like the upcoming "Prime" from Dynamic) that this will be a putter-only plastic. That would make a ton of sense.

Thanks for asking. I appreciate that. Today has been nuts. I haven't even completely read the MVP announcement yet :(

Just curious about any BlackFriday/Cyber Monday deals you guys are doing! Thanks!

Also, thanks for the awesome Obex! Can't wait to go throw it!

Community just got it's 1,000th Like on Facebook. There are some new T-Shirts coming in Jan so let's give 10 of those away. Just reply to the post about this on the Community Facebook page with your size and a note about why you like Community!

http://Facebook.com/CommunityDiscs

Those Westside shirts are pretty cool. If you ever get a Sword one in, yeah. :)

Woah! :hfive:
COMMUNITYDISCS.COM said:
Pre-Black Friday Sales seem commonplace these days so let's try an "After Xmas Sale" BEFORE Xmas!

During our "Pre-Xmas After Xmas Sale" you get $5 off every item listed on the sale page when you use the discount code below. There is no purchase limit for these steeply discounted items. We even had to get permission to offer some of these discounts so order up while you can! None of these products will be restocked during the sale so shop early for the best selection.

Note - In addition to the $5 discount, all bags in this sale will ship with a free surprise disc (from the same MFG where possible).

From what I see... he's got $9 volts right now :D (and a heck of a selection of molds/items for sale!)

Woah! :hfive:

From what I see... he's got $9 volts right now :D (and a heck of a selection of molds/items for sale!)
Thanks Laramie! Here are a few deals I'd love to highlight. Again, these are all $5-off/item.
http://communitydiscs.com/sale-items/
Community Polos
All Trilogy Recycled/BioFuzion plastics which are $9 after the discuont
Lots of Obexes & a couple other Vibram discs
Innova's 2013 Xmas Atlas & Nova
Lots of Discraft
Innova CFR's including Roc3, Gazelle, & other goodies
MVP Proton Volts $9 & Tensors $10
Axiom 1776 Sparkle Inspire
Any bag on the $5-off list comes with a disc I will hand-pick for you, even the $15-20 bags so you can get started bags for $10 WITH a disc.
Some Prodigy Limited editions, most from this fall.
http://communitydiscs.com/sale-items/
There's more than that but those are the ones I'm excited about :)

Loving the new Community Discs polo!

Quick question: What happened to the customer disc reviews? Or am I going crazy and remembering wrong that they used to be there? Love to see others reviews.

Aw thanks. I'm really proud of those polos. I do hope to have some more Community options as we approach Spring...but "approaching Spring" sounds so far away right now ;)

I was trying to upgrade the product review plug-in the site uses in late November. It caused an issue where live inventory was not being reflected. An example would be all the Axiom discs would let you select ANY color & weight combination regardless of stock. I pulled out the new version and put the old one back but I still had the issue so I just pulled it out again.

I love that people are so willing to write reviews and generally they are very good! I promise reviews will return shortly. I just couldn't risk having a site issue during Xmas season and didn't have the time to troubleshoot a potential issue the new version might cause.

I'll put this on the list for next week. Please know that any reviews you graciously write in the meantime will show up once this issue is resolved.

I'm glad you noticed!

Great to hear the reviews will be back. I definitely find value in reading those.

Funny thing - I ordered the blue polo (along with a stack of Moonshine Kings and a Renegade) then my girlfriend got me a white one for Christmas. Now I have 2 - woohoo! Also, loving the Moonshine Kings - these are the flippy ones that bomb with some hyzer.

Guys,
These are awesome shirts. Dri fit polos with the Community logo. They're well made and light weight - going to be great for summer.

I'm interested in picking up some more Innova Champion plastic in that awesome day-glo chartreuse color. Is that listed as "Lime" or is that a different color on Community? I'm trying to put together a set of drivers/fairways in that color.

Community Discs website is down with a message saying they will be back on April 1st.

Awful long time to wait. (Who am I kidding, I'll place an order somewhere else because I can't wait).

Anyone know what's up? I've made a few big purchases at CommunityDiscs and have nothing but good things to say about my experiences, now I'm a little concerned. Hope everything is okay.

This is from an email Justin sent Feb 4th...

Justin is having knee surgery in about 2 weeks so Community is shutting down at 5AM EST on Feb 14th until April 1st. We have gone through every scenario, but it will not be possible to keep things running while Justin is unable to drive or lift heavy boxes.

I love the $1 shipping from them! I got the email about them closing up for a little while, hope he heals soon! Guess you missed out on their mini sale leading up to the temporary shut down of the site?

Good to hear he's coming back before long. Maybe I can hold out on that disc order for a little while.

Best wishes to Justin on a speedy recovery.

Probably been asked, but do you think you'll carry Legacy some day?

I hope so. :thmbup: Get well soon, Justin! I actually placed my first order a couple days before you shut down and am anxious to see things back up and running!