• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Controlling Understability

And definitely don't stop giving advice. That's one of the main points for having message boards -- even if people disagree with what you post. There are probably a lot of people that read these message boards that don't post. So you never know how many people you are actually helping.
If I have to post something like that just to convince someone to stop throwing what is considered by many to be the least predictable driver of all time (and I'm still not sure I even accomplished that), you can imagine my frustration. I can't imagine what would happen if I tried to tell pepole that they'd learn faster by throwing a Cheetah rather than a Destroyer.

For the record, the weight of my disc is 166g.
That is really light. Light discs turn over easier than heavier ones. Plus it's an "Archangel" which is secret for 'flippy- flipmeister'.
Throw it with extreme hyzer & not much power & it will probably wont flip over as hard, maybe..

Bump!

I have to agree with garublador and nosajeel on this one. I started throwing using higher difficulty, higher speed discs like the Destroyer and Wraith with the power grip everytime. After alot of frustration and hitting the 300' wall, I decided to go back to focusing on the fundaments of different grips, (mainly the fan grip), using technique over power, (60% in, 100% out instead of the other way around) and timing and footwork, I can now drive discs like the Cheetah and Leopard 300-350 feet. ACCURATELY. Looking back, I did everything backwards! Point being, you must crawl before you can walk and it's important people new to this sport understand this. Someday I may go back to these speed discs, but with these tightly wooded courses in the NW, I'll take accuracy over crazy distance all day.:)

I can't imagine what would happen if I tried to tell pepole that they'd learn faster by throwing a Cheetah rather than a Destroyer.

There was a time when this would confuse me, but now I get it!

try throwin it the opposite of how you would throw a hyzer. anti-hyzer. throw a big left to right hook, if want something that will come back at the very end try a valkerie if thats to understable try a light orc. if want something that will always come back when annied t-birds your disc