• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Copyright Issues

You don't need to be a lawyer to at least know enough about IP to add to the conversation. Artists and anybody who works in communications/marketing based fields have a working knowledge of IP.

Lol, yeah this thread definitely couldn't use a licensed expert with a legal knowledge of IP. Working knowledge is good enough.

I think you're in good shape' though, I'm not holding my breath waiting to hear from an IP attorney on here.

No matter. Let the speculation, conjecture and hearsay party recommence...

I'd rather associate with 10 IP thieves, than one rat. I will not be purchasing any more MVP plastic.

I'd honestly be concerned, if I were his employer. There aren't alot of huge Gateway fans here (and I'm surely not one) - but there are even fewer fans of that behavior.

I'd honestly be concerned, if I were his employer. There aren't alot of huge Gateway fans here (and I'm surely not one) - but there are even fewer fans of that behavior.

lol... pretty sad when this is the mindset of people in 2016'

Who cares about right or wrong but lets make sure we all have a fall guy and have zero personal accountability. Last time I checked Zam works as a 1099 guy so really hes what we call CYA'ing.

If hes in the business of selling art-- why WOULDNT he get involved? I've never liked what gateway has done with stamps and always wondered how the hell they could pull off what they do.

Bottomline is it is wrong to steal someone's **** and to use something without permission regardless of profit or not. Where does it end if you don't hold anyone accountable for anything?

:wall: No wonder this country is so f'd. Ethics? eh who needs em'

Last edited:
65355109783970568086.png

MVSTIC-2.jpg

Time to shut down MVP, guys. If you don't come 100% original you just can't contribute to culture. :|

Funny Zamson hasn't been seen since this post... Smh.

:thmbdown: :thmbdown:

I doubt it's the first time he's been made aware of the similarities between the two logos.

Maybe the dog pile approach was just adding up? Either way, on to the next witch hunt!

I'm sure his employer knows him better than we do, and likely has its eyes on customers beyond these message boards. Think he'll be OK.

Funny Zamson hasn't been seen since this post... Smh.

:thmbdown: :thmbdown:

To one degree or another, we are all hypocrites. With that said, however, Zam's point shouldn't get lost in the mix by pointing out each other's faults.

To one degree or another, we are all hypocrites. With that said, however, Zam's point shouldn't get lost in the mix by pointing out each other's faults.

You can't point fingers when you're trying to skirt the rules yourself. You'd have to be naive to think that's a coincidence, cmon.

A couple little tweaks and boom. Mvp vs. Predator...

MVP and AVP are close, but they're not the same.

The Jumpman, SYF and other GD images, Zeppelin, Widespread, Phish, and other rockers' symbols, likenesses of Cheech & Chong and Jeff Goldblum, etc. are not close. They're copies.

MVP and AVP are close, but they're not the same.

But they use some letters of the same alphabet!!

But then some letters are different...and the fonts are different...and the bottom words are different and the bottom fonts are different again and there's a design behind one of them and...

But there's a V and a P in there and the fonts have a similarity if you squint!

You can't point fingers when you're trying to skirt the rules yourself. You'd have to be naive to think that's a coincidence, cmon.

A couple little tweaks and boom. Mvp vs. Predator...

It is eerily similar, I agree. The point is that Zam makes a good point about IP even IF (not definitive) he has been hypocritical about it. His appeal to a greater standard shouldn't be lost on potential hypocrisy. That's all I'm saying.

Based on the commentary I assume Zam designed the MVP logo. In which case...

I find Zam's work more offensive. Gateway isn't trying to pass off someone's work as their own, everyone knows where that material comes from. Zam has been much more deceitful lifting another logo and passing it off as his own creative output.

I'm pretty sure he didn't design that logo.

I must say, it's been interesting to be a fly on the wall in this thread.

AFAIK, Zam did not become involved with MVP until the Ion hotstamp contest back in 2010, which he and Mike Inscho won (I believe they used design elements from both their entries in the final stamp).

At the time of the contest, Chad and Brad already had their "MVP Disc Sports" logo designed.

Zam or Chad can correct me on this if it's incorrect.

Do you guys seriously think these logos are similar?

If so then I guess a Roadrunner and X1 are basically the same.

^ yeaaaaaa, no.

A). What kind of business would be forced to steal IP or face bankruptcy?

B). IP thieves are rats first.

A. You stated that if something is illegal, it no longer becomes a risk reward scenario. That is patently wrong. I was posing an extreme hypothetical to help you grasp that

B. No, this is the definition of rat in the context we are discussing. : a contemptible person: as a : one who betrays or deserts friends or associates b : scab 3b c : informer.
An IP thief may be a ****ty person, but I'd argue not as ****ty as a rat.

Have you ever downloaded pirated music or streamed an illegal torrent?

Do you guys seriously think these logos are similar?

If so then I guess a Roadrunner and X1 are basically the same.

They do look similar but it may be coincidence. I don't know. Have to ask the person who came up with it. Whomever that may be.

They do look similar but it may be coincidence. I don't know. Have to ask the person who came up with it. Whomever that may be.

They are clearly different fonts. One also uses more similar fonts on the main letters as the smaller words. The other does not, and uses some angling on the fonts (tilted on each end)...I'm not a font expert obviously since I don't know what that is called and even I can tell that. Also one gives the extended, non-abbreviated title underneath whereas the other adds more to the name with the smaller words. There is also a logo behind one of them. Colours, outlining, textures, etc. are all different.

To me this is like saying there are 12 notes in western music, anyone who makes a song with these notes is clearly copying EVERYTHING before it since they used some of the same notes, rather than inventing a new relationship between the frequencies and then creating music accordingly.

Plus this is a different situation than what the thread was originally discussing.

Latest posts