• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

countdown to daylight saving time

I love daylights saving time, i would be happy if it just stayed like that all year. in the summer i dont get up at like 6 anyways, id rather it just got darker an hour later.

I work in the Loop as well. Maybe we should just set up a temp course in the alleys and start a Lunch Break League...whadaya think?

if you do, you gotta use this as a mando on one of the holes:

2897018813_a5e6105427.jpg

I'm pumped to still be on the course by 6, I don't know what I'll do with my self if I have till after 7!!!

500 B*tch*s!!!:clap:

Although I do enjoy the extra daylight on the evening side of things. My job requires me to get up at 4:15am M-F. I dread the change, because it takes three painful weeks for me to adjust. I'm with those that say pick one and lets leave it there. Pick the one where it stays light out longer. I'll be happy! :)

Blessed to live in sunny 75 south Florida during winter months, but in summer I ll wishing to go north :)

You got that right. Except last summer we went north and it was just as brutaly hot up there as it was down here! Curious, where in FL are you at? You don't have it listed.

how will i utilize this time? one extra round of D per day. that extra hour is a nice shiny gift from helios himself, all wrapped up with a pretty bow.

My campaign to make the begining of Daylight Savings Time a National Holiday has never caught traction......perhaps because it's a Sunday and most peple are off, anyway. Nevertheless, I've had it circled on my calendar since.....well.....the tragic end of DST back in November.

i think its an awesome idea. i work at 30s wacker, just 2 blocks south of the sears tower. where do you work in the loop? or hell, we could get a pop up basket, and just set it up from 'hole to hole' and have an ever changing course in the city

I'm around the corner from City Hall, but I think you are 2 blocks north of the sears tower if you are at 30 S. wacker.

I would only want to bring 1 basket. Gotta keep an eye on the crazy folks in the alley!

if you do, you gotta use this as a mando on one of the holes:

2897018813_a5e6105427.jpg

That would be awesome, but there's just too many people out there during regular business hours. Maybe I'll get out there super early before work and give it a shot. It would probably be a great spot for a video.

Ehh, I have mixed feelings about DST. It might give me an extra hour to play in the evenings, but it messes up my sleep for about two weeks.

We don't do daylight savings time in AZ. Dont ask me why.
The story that I've always heard was that due to Arizona's super hot temperatures over the summer if people had an extra hour of active time during the day, people would be running their AC's longer, thereby putting extra strain on the power grid.

Until about five years ago, Indiana had a very strange DST patchwork.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Indiana

I always detested DST. Overly self important "man" changing things to fit his whims instead of changing himself to match the real world. But now that I play Disc Golf I am excited that Joralemon Park Doubles League starts on the Tuesday after DST begins. I've been able to play and practice at home a lot, since I work for myself. So I look forward to being in better form than most doubles dudes. Same goes for some tag rounds, if I cn challenge those that put away their discs for winter.

this is a pretty important date really.. gonna extend day n really starts the season for me

prob gonna be getting to different courses since the city course has been over trafficked all winter

I always detested DST. Overly self important "man" changing things to fit his whims instead of changing himself to match the real world.

I thought that's what we were doing---changing ourselves, or at least our clocks. It's not like we push the earth's rotation backwards 15 degrees every spring.

I thought that's what we were doing---changing ourselves, or at least our clocks. It's not like we push the earth's rotation backwards 15 degrees every spring.
That is another way to look at it. During Standard Time The Sun is overhead at Noon and rises and sets "equi-temporaly" to noon: If Sunrise is at 8AM sunset is at 4PM. Yet we stick with 9 to 5 as the standard business hours. Whatever it's almost as small a peeve of mine as using pro-nouns on the radio. What is important is that since I've been playing disc all winter I'm ready to be competitive early.