• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Commonality Rating

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
If you're logged into the site and check out someone else's profile, you'll see your Commonality Rating at the top. I crunch some numbers to come up with it but it's pretty much just the % of courses you have in common with the that person.

justin mentioned the idea to me a while ago (thanks justin!) and I thought it sounded like a fun/cool thing to add.

cool beans.

i like the idea. it's not showing up too well right now though. have to refresh a few times to get it to show up then it disappears quick.

thx timg!

Hmm... no problem here with it disappearing. That's weird.

still does it to me, but it's prob something on my end.

just like anything dealing with my wife, it's usually my fault :doh:
What browser are you using? I tried it out in IE and FF. There's nothing that should make it disappear.

IE, but it's really no biggie. i think it's actually something on my side. i prob need to reboot. been moving a lot of data through my pc today.
Same thing here... IE needs a couple refreshes to get it. It flashes up briefly then disappears.

No issues in FF.

Which version of IE? I can try to fix it when I get home... maybe put it in a less fancy box or something :)

Looked in IE and I could see it but not in Firefox. But I have been having with Firefox lately.

Version 5.0.1

Are you logged in via FF? It won't show up if you're not logged in.

If you're logged into the site and check out someone else's profile, you'll see your Commonality Rating at the top. I crunch some numbers to come up with it but it's pretty much just the % of courses you have in common with the that person.

justin mentioned the idea to me a while ago (thanks justin!) and I thought it sounded like a fun/cool thing to add.
Isn't this somewhat a matter of perspective? Or maybe it should be a matter of perspective.

I've played 68 of my wife's 69 courses (99%).
She's played 68 of my 135 (50%).

The commonality for both of us shows as "50%".

Just showing a single 50% number doesn't tell you much without doing more digging on your own. I think it'd be more useful to have both numbers shown, e.g.

"timg has played 4% of ERicJ's courses -and- ERicJ has played 7% of timg's courses."

2c.gif

Which version of IE? I can try to fix it when I get home... maybe put it in a less fancy box or something :)
IE 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647CO (seriously)

The text is there but just not visible. You can see it if you highlight it via mouse drag. Seems like a weird drawing thing.