• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Condition near Breckenridge CO

SirRaph

Double Eagle Member
So I'm headed to the Breckenridge, CO area for a bachelor party Feb 20th. I'm not a big boarder/skier, so I'm hoping to get some disc golf in while I'm there.

Anyone live/play near this area? Is it like 3 ft of snow right now? What courses would be the best (if any) to play around that time?)

Thanks.

Unfortunately there aren't a ton of choices near by. The closest course is more than likely going to be Peak One DGC. It's a pretty solid course, set right on Dillon lake and offers multiple pin locations. I believe they have a couple weekly leagues as well, and should be posted near the entrance.

If you have the time, I'd recommend heading to Leadville for their College Course. It's set further up in the mountains and has some pretty awesome holes that you won't find elsewhere.

I don't mind driving up to an hour. I was just curious what the snowfall and ground conditions were like.

I don't mind driving up to an hour. I was just curious what the snowfall and ground conditions were like.

Forget about Leadville in Feb. It sits at 10,000 feet. If you're willing to drive an hour, take Hwy 9 south out of Leadville over Hoosier Pass to South Park, then Hwy 285 toward Denver and just go play Phantom Falls. Might be a little over an hour but it should be playable as it has southern exposure, unless there happens to be a recent storm. Call Paulie and also ask him about Magic Meadows playability in Feb.
I doubt Peak One will be playable that time of year but maybe a local can speak up. Hope you get a chance to play.

Why cant you get any Breckenridge Brewery Beer in Cali? I love the Vanilla Porter and Imperial 72. I envy your trip.

Forget about Leadville in Feb. It sits at 10,000 feet. If you're willing to drive an hour, take Hwy 9 south out of Leadville over Hoosier Pass to South Park, then Hwy 285 toward Denver and just go play Phantom Falls. Might be a little over an hour but it should be playable as it has southern exposure, unless there happens to be a recent storm. Call Paulie and also ask him about Magic Meadows playability in Feb.
I doubt Peak One will be playable that time of year but maybe a local can speak up. Hope you get a chance to play.

This. Peak one and Leadville are pulled for the season your best bet is head towards denver/pine/conifer. Or head the other way towards grand junction and hit glenwood springs or Newcastle those are both solid courses.

I am about as close to Breckenridge as you can get right now as I type this. You will have to drive down to Denver if you want to play. You are looking at 1 hour 15 minutes most likely. Any course in the area is closed for the Winter. The roads are dry here but there are piles of snow all over the place, or maybe it is one large pile.

I read the OP wrong and thought you were heading up in the spring, so never mind me. I've only been up there in the summer months for disc so can't comment on ground conditions in February, I would assume it's not good.

I want to correct my previous post. When I said take Hwy 9 south from Leadville, I meant Hwy 9 south out of Breckenridge.Much faster this way, lol.

Playing any of the courses in that area this time of the year is gonna be pretty tough. I was boarding at keystone and breck a month ago and we stopped to check out peak one that was on the dillon reservoir that was like 5 miles from our hotel and it was hardly playable. Almost all the other courses in the immediate area are resort courses that are open only during summer months.

Latest posts