• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course in Yakima, Wa

Floodj32

Are there any Disc Golfers in or near Yakima Wa? I recently moved here and I am looking to build a course in town. I am hoping there are others here that would like to see that happen. Please let me know who you are.

Not in Yakima but Walla Walla and would make a trip to play in Yakima :) Morning drive to yakima, drive to Columbia Park, drive to 2 rivers, then drive home. Of course between the drives I would have to play a round at each course :)

I will definately let everyone know here and on Northwest disc golf news if and when a course is up an running. There is a course in Grandview that is in the infant stages and is preatty much in an open field so it doesn't provide much of a challenge for a competition player. There are some locations here in Yakima that can support some nice and challenging courses. What I really need is a few other close to Yakima that are willing to help me talk with officials, raise $$, educate the public, and help build/maintain the course. I am willing to do a lot of the work myself, but I can not do it all alone being that my work does require me to travel and I will not always be able to respond if certain issues that may require immediate attension.

Portland, OR here. Have family up that way that we visit once or twice a year would definitely play a course there and would probably even make the drive up there for a tourney depending on the size.

Getting tired of the Western Oregon/Washington woods, Would like to play some of the more open courses I know exist on the East sides of both states.

I am interested in getting a course back in operation in Yakima. Is the course in the Nile Valley available to the public or invited guests? Pancreas

got a message from a friend in that area saying something is going in. any of you portland guys no what happened to the plans for the blue lake course the Feldy was pushing? I am in The Dalles and would go up to Yakima to play a tourney.

Its on a private 450 acre ranch.

It's not anything really speacial but it is the only 18 hole course in the yakima valley. I installed it back in 2009 with Instep baskets due to a lack of budget. Not looking to get "higher quality" baskets cause these ones do the job just as good as the $300 ones.

If you go to the Sport Has in Yakima they have my info there. If i cant take you on a tour of the course then one of the other 5 guys on staff here will be glad to instead.

Chris.

has anyone heard from the guy that was putting in a course in yakima? He said on his FB that he ordered the baskets. Was just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

Latest posts