• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Suggestion: Roadtrip Little Rock to MI

disc4life

Hey, all, how's it going?

I'm a disc golfer here in Little Rock, Arkansas. Come July, I'm taking a trip to Rothbury, Michigan, and my friend and I plan on taking a couple extra days on the way up and the way down to play new courses on the way.

I plan on researching and looking into it myself, but I wanted to ask everyone else if they had any suggestions for a "can't miss" course. We will probably be zig-zagging off the direct route some, but try to keep suggestions on a reasonable path, if you know what I mean. Any tips are greatly appreciated. I've only played 8 courses, and I can't wait to get lots more under my belt.

Thanks,

You should try Quail Ridge, about 30 miles west of St. Louis. Or Jefferson Barracks which is just south of downtown St. Louis.

Hey, all, how's it going?

I'm a disc golfer here in Little Rock, Arkansas. Come July, I'm taking a trip to Rothbury, Michigan, and my friend and I plan on taking a couple extra days on the way up and the way down to play new courses on the way.

I plan on researching and looking into it myself, but I wanted to ask everyone else if they had any suggestions for a "can't miss" course.
Rothbury is about eight miles from Shelby, Michigan, and umm this place. ;)

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=468

I'm sure you've heard of it, but if you're just going to coincidentally be in the neighborhood, umm wow. How about that.
:)

If you want to avoid some Chicago area traffic, you could veer off into Lake County, IN and play some of the Lemon Lake courses where Pro Worlds will be held this year.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2968

Its out of the way but way worth it...Pawhuska

check post dates

Do people not look at the date of these posts?:\ This guy has more than likely already taken his trip since his opening post was posted in June 2009 and he was wanting to take this trip in July.

Do people not look at the date of these posts?:\ This guy has more than likely already taken his trip since his opening post was posted in June 2009 and he was wanting to take this trip in July.
Doh!!!! :doh:

In my defense, someone else bumped it up.

I'm just suggesting that posting a response to something that is 6 months old isn't going to help the thread starter since his journey is complete:D.

Yeah, I took my trip LAST July to Rothbury 2009.

I did hear about Rothbury 2010 being cancelled. Oh well, I'll have to see Cheese elsewhere.

But still thanks for the courses. I might add some to my wishlist for future trips (I've never heard of that Foundation DG Complex, and I didn't know about Shelby until I was back in Arkansas -- needless to say, I kicked myself in the butt for missing that one).

Oh man, I feel like an idiot. Hope your trip went well... last year.

Latest posts