• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I didn't bag undies for long, but have thrown xs (mainly z) for over 15 years. For me, the undy is about the same turn, but easier to turn over too far, due to it not having as much fade. I also didn't get quite the distance either.
I would put it closer to an XL in line, but a little shorter. They were also, imo, too similar to a stalker.

Care to elaborate on the "too similar to a stalker" sentiment? I find them to be quite different.

on the punisher great disc love it for fh distance disc. for me a stable flight with finish. if i didn't 20 surges lying around would replace the surge in my bag.

Care to elaborate on the "too similar to a stalker" sentiment? I find them to be quite different.

I was getting maybe 10 ft more distance, and a couple feet more fade with the undie on a clean smooth release, but my form is horrible and I tend to roll my wrist a bit, and the stalker (at least the one I have) holds up to that a little more consistently. So I ended up getting more turn on the Undie if I used too much want.

What's the general consensus on the punisher? I've been looking for some reviews and can't find much, even on here. Currently use outlaws in my distance slot but thought the prospect of basically a Force SS sounded great so I picked up a couple to try out.

The Punisher has become my favorite new disc. It is what I wanted the Crank to be. It's fast, but it is stable, with a nice fade. Force an anny too hard and it pan longer than you want, but once it get it beat in slightly, it becomes a great flip to fade disc. I am consistently hitting 375'-400' with this disc, and it has taken over duties for all my distance drivers. (I do have a Crank, until one breaks in enough to be a true turnover disc.

I will disagree about not throwing it in the wind though. Throw it on a hyzer in a headwind, it will flip and drift some, then finish left. RHBH. I was playing in 40mph just this weekend, and as long as I didn't show the flight plate to the wind it held up nicely.

The Punisher has become my favorite new disc. It is what I wanted the Crank to be. It's fast, but it is stable, with a nice fade. Force an anny too hard and it pan longer than you want, but once it get it beat in slightly, it becomes a great flip to fade disc. I am consistently hitting 375'-400' with this disc, and it has taken over duties for all my distance drivers. (I do have a Crank, until one breaks in enough to be a true turnover disc.

I will disagree about not throwing it in the wind though. Throw it on a hyzer in a headwind, it will flip and drift some, then finish left. RHBH. I was playing in 40mph just this weekend, and as long as I didn't show the flight plate to the wind it held up nicely.

Other say a Punisher is like a beat in average Destroyer when new, is this true?

Other say a Punisher is like a beat in average Destroyer when new, is this true?

I would disagree with that. For me, it was much slower than a destroyer. It flew like a little longer thunderbird for me.

I got a Z and big Z nuke in my pile for fieldwork and drive practice. I feel like it's an underrated mold and gets a bad name from newbies buying them and throwing them in lakes, they go far.

I got a Z and big Z nuke in my pile for fieldwork and drive practice. I feel like it's an underrated mold and gets a bad name from newbies buying them and throwing them in lakes, they go far.

Not quite a Underrated disc, Underrated would like a Impact, a great disc for longer tunnel shots and that spot between a fairway driver and a midrange. Another 2 would be the Cyclone and Comet.

Actually a Impact is more a forgotten disc.

Nukes are excellent drivers. I can't really call it underrated, but I love the way they fly. Probably Discraft's longest driver. I've bagged one pretty much since it came out. Very comparable to Innova's Boss.

I have around 12 mostly newish Big Z Nukes all in the 170-174 range, that all fly exactly the same, but one. It's extra pearly and came out flatter with a higher PLH. I just use it in place of the Force I'd bag on windy days. It's been an extremely reliable mold for me, and a distance driver that I have no qualms about ordering online. Also one of the only Big Z stamps I leave on the disc.

I see them as often as I see a Boss. Definitely not as often as a Destroyer or Cannon (in LA).

Last edited:

I would disagree with that. For me, it was much slower than a destroyer. It flew like a little longer thunderbird for me.

Destroyer is a speed 12 with -1HSS and a 3LSS, Thunderbird is a speed 9 with 0HSS and a 2LSS.

The Punisher definitely has the -1HSS of a Destroyer, but is probably a 2-2.5LSS. It is definitely faster than a Thunderbird. Where I have thrown Thunderbirds/PDs as a longer Teebird shot, to the point where I felt, "maybe I don't need the teebird." I would never say that about the Punisher. It is definitely a distance driver, not a longer fairway/control driver.

I never clicked with the Destroyers, but really wanted too. The Punisher filled the slightly overstable Distance Driver for me.

I've tried a bunch of similar discs. Crank good speed, not stable enough. Sword, great distance, and glide, but could be very touchy if throw too hard. Defenders, too hard of fade, wanted to be thrown with a little anny, but didn't always fight out. Destroyer, never got a clean release. Wraith/Surge, I liked, but not enough to buy more of. DDx was too flippy. DD was meh. Hurricane was good in batches, but then they made them beefy. Force was too beefy. Enforcer was too much disc for me to handle for anything other than hyzers and head winds. Tried other, but these are the ones that come to mind.

I have around 12 mostly newish Big Z Nukes all in the 170-174 range, that all fly exactly the same, but one. It's extra pearly and came out flatter with a higher PLH. I just use it in place of the Force I'd bag on windy days. It's been an extremely reliable mold for me, and a distance driver that I have no qualms about ordering online. Also one of the only Big Z stamps I leave on the disc.

I see them as often as I see a Boss. Definitely not as often as a Destroyer or Cannon (in LA).

Flat Nukes can be troublesome pains in the ass. They're uber stable and don't glide. I've thrown a few of them and wasn't a fan. The Ti Nuke is also really beefy. Thrown several of those and had the same result with all of them.

By and large I DO find the Nuke mold to be reliable though. Regular Zs are a thing of beauty. You will get that rare flat one, however.

I feel like I'm going to be (disc)Crafting low scores this year. I've revisited the Jawbreaker Roach as my putter. Working it in with a fan grip is really finding the basket. I've used an odd half fan/ half power grip for putting for the past ten or so years. Mostly putting with my wrist. Always had a hard time finding a mold and plastic that I could get comfortable using with a fan grip. Jawbreaker Roach is getting dialed in. No flutter and has a nice stable/straight flight. Plastic is just right for the fan grip too.

Casey 1988, check your PM.

Replied. Check yours. I found by watching that MJ from Discraft has the same style as me for most of my game except max driving on open holes play down the straight line as much as I can, sometimes even on open holes max driving if wind is the issue. He does not have an Impact though I think he could do the same with it as most, nice tunnel disc and or too long for a midrange for him and too long for a fairway driver. the disc is a fairway disc but not a fairway driver.

Last edited:
I guess I mean underrated in that most Discraft pros I watch on Jomez or CCDG seem to throw the Force or Crank. I don't know many people in VA who throw discraft and if they do a nuke doesn't seem to be in their bag so I'm underexposed to them.

Nukes are excellent drivers. I can't really call it underrated, but I love the way they fly. Probably Discraft's longest driver. I've bagged one pretty much since it came out. Very comparable to Innova's Boss.

I guess I mean underrated in that most Discraft pros I watch on Jomez or CCDG seem to throw the Force or Crank. I don't know many people in VA who throw discraft and if they do a nuke doesn't seem to be in their bag so I'm underexposed to them.

The new kid bags a Nuke and Nuke OS. And I think MJ swaps in a Nuke depending on the course and the weather.

I'll agree that I don't see Nukes around very often anymore. A few years ago I did. Frankly I don't see a whole lot of Discraft at all around here anymore. I think they've lost quite a bit of market share to DD and others.

Replied. Check yours. I found by watching that MJ from Discraft has the same style as me for most of my game except max driving on open holes play down the straight line as much as I can, sometimes even on open holes max driving if wind is the issue. He does not have an Impact though I think he could do the same with it as most, nice tunnel disc and or too long for a midrange for him and too long for a fairway driver. the disc is a fairway disc but not a fairway driver.
.....I meant He does not have an Impact though I think he could do the same with it as most, nice tunnel disc and or too short for a midrange for him and too long for a fairway driver.

Latest posts