• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I'm confused about the rating for the XL on the new flight chart. They gave the XL a rating of 7|4|-2|1 while still naming it a 1.5 stability? Did they mean for it to be more of a 7|4|-1|2?

I thought this mold was going OOP but it looks like they're keeping it. Guess it was the XS that went away. Is this mold worth checking out? How would it compare to my Stalkers?

XL is a 1.0, but comparing it to the Cyclone, also a 1.0, I always thought the Cyclone had less turn and more fade

The stamps of the new TI discs are amazing. Great color combos. Although i am worried about the distance drivers having very flat flight plates. That stamp is so big it much press down on at least a little bit of the dome.

I would love to have some light ti cranks with moderate to high dome.

Who's gotten their hands on the new Ti/ESP plastics already? I've got a couple on the way, but curious especially how the Ti affects stability for most of the discs. Mainly for the mantis I guess, I'd love to have that be my only fairway and if it's a tick more stable than my BG glow z that would be awesome.

Who's gotten their hands on the new Ti/ESP plastics already? I've got a couple on the way, but curious especially how the Ti affects stability for most of the discs. Mainly for the mantis I guess, I'd love to have that be my only fairway and if it's a tick more stable than my BG glow z that would be awesome.

We're waiting for you to get yours in and tell us how you like 'em. :popcorn:

Who's gotten their hands on the new Ti/ESP plastics already?

I've got a couple of the Ledgestone ESP Buzzz's coming in the mail tomorrow. Not going to throw them but I'll report how the plastic feels.

I've got a couple of the Ledgestone ESP Buzzz's coming in the mail tomorrow. Not going to throw them but I'll report how the plastic feels.

This may be a little late, but I recently picked up a 2017 Ledgestone Z Buzzz (flag dyed). It is basically a good, max weight Z Buzzz. A little bit of dome, plenty of glide... I'm liking it. I haven't heard anyone talking about them.

This may be a little late, but I recently picked up a 2017 Ledgestone Z Buzzz (flag dyed). It is basically a good, max weight Z Buzzz. A little bit of dome, plenty of glide... I'm liking it. I haven't heard anyone talking about them.

I don't think flag dyes sell well. Definitely much harder to spot in the rough.

can someone compare the machete to the dga Hellfire to me. looking at bagging one but have spent much time with either one.

I'm glad to report that the 2018 Ledgestone Swirly ESP Buzzz's feel just like normal ESP. :clap:

Shoutout to DiscBaron.com for the huge selection of these awesome Buzzz's.

I'd bought some Swirly ESP Buzzz's made last year that had a Big Z type stamp on them and they were really stiff. Almost like KC Pro. Ended up selling those on ebay. These new swirlies are going to get thrown. Standard ESP is one of the great plastics.

money 21 - I've never thrown a Hellfire but I would compare my Z Machete to a FAF Firebird. It was that ridiculous type OS that I don't find useful.

Attachments

• IMG_1348.jpg
    IMG_1348.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 48
can someone compare the machete to the dga Hellfire to me. looking at bagging one but have spent much time with either one.

Nearly identical in both feel and flight, imo. I prefer the Hellfire in ProLine over the Machete in Z. If you need maximum overstability in that speed range, find an SP Hellfire. I have to throw mine like a baseball (FH) to get anything out of it.....

Big Discraft order arrived yesterday. They seem to have done what they could to fulfill my requests for colors. I listed my 3-4 preferences and 9/11 were what I asked for. Haven't thrown or weighed them yet. First impressions....
-New Ti stamps are really nice looking. I actually prefer smaller stamps, but for large ones, these are tasteful
-Vulture reminds me of an Avenger in the hand. More dome, and a more comfy wing, but familiar dimensions, perhaps
-Not a huge fan of the foil effects on stamps. One of mine has hearts in it. Not a Discraft gripe, just not my favorite. Won't keep me from throwing it.
-Asked for (2) lightweight Big Z Punishers, and they have more dome than any other Pun I've seen (~12)(Gimme some glide)
-ESP Undertaker feels really really nice. More dome than the LE ESP GLO.

Hope to throw stuff on Friday, weather permitting.

Just opened my Discraft.com order. First impressions:
- Titanium Mantis has as much dome as my Big Z Mantis
- Titanium Thrasher is a bit flatter on top then my Z Thrasher
- ESP Punisher is not as flexible as my ESP Surge, more like my ESP Meteor. More dome than Z Punisher.

I will report back when I get a chance to throw them if nobody else beats me to the punch.

- ESP Punisher is not as flexible as my ESP Surge, more like my ESP Meteor. More dome than Z Punisher.

I will report back when I get a chance to throw them if nobody else beats me to the punch.

Interested to hear how the Ti Thrasher flies compared to the Z.

Mantis dome confirmed.

ESP punisher confirmed to be stiff, but very little some on mine still.

Ti Punisher also very flat.

Got a few throws in before dark. Initial impressions:
- Ti Mantis is straight* even in a crosswind. (* a touch of turn but comes back to center)
-- Same glide as the Big Z
-- It will go into the bag
- Ti Thrasher performs according the numbers (-3 2) even in the wind.
-- A touch more stable and a bit less glide
-- I will throw it a bit more before deciding
- ESP Punisher is a Punisher though my Z Punisher has been broken in a touch so it has a slight turn to it.
-- It will be backup.

Last edited:
found an old x buzz in the bottom of a tub of disc i had not looked at in a while. It says retooled wasp on it. Any one tell me how old this buzz is?

Latest posts