• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Isn't the reaper back in production? If not, I'd like to see the Talon or Reaper or a retooled version of one of those in that slot.

they did a limited run of both the talon and reaper but both were only is max weight which is not what I throw. would love to see the talon back in a full run with some disc down in the 165 range.

I've got 3 Big Z Roaches and I'll agree with the '0' for HSS. I throw them on hard hyzers and they always hold the line with a slight forward fade left. Most comfortable disc I've thrown for BH power grip.

I have a stack of JB Roaches that i bought in my life long search for the ultimate putter, i don´t use my Roach as a putter anymore but as o throwing putter it´s great.

Is the Big Z or Ti Roach alot more stable than my JB?

Question for Discraft aficionados:

A B-tier I'm playing next month has a few different choices for the player's pack disc. I get to pick one of: Crystal Challenger, Z Glo Buzzz, Z Zone, Titanium Buzzz and Titanium Zone. Does any of these give me something I don't already bag? The Zones seem like they'd overlap my Harp. The Buzzz maybe?

A B-tier I'm playing next month has a few different choices for the player's pack disc. I get to pick one of: Crystal Challenger, Z Glo Buzzz, Z Zone, Titanium Buzzz and Titanium Zone. Does any of these give me something I don't already bag? The Zones seem like they'd overlap my Harp. The Buzzz maybe?

I'd take the Ti Buzzz if it's not in an "earth" color. After that, I'd probably take the Cryztal Challenger then the Z Glo Buzzz.

I have a stack of JB Roaches that i bought in my life long search for the ultimate putter, i don´t use my Roach as a putter anymore but as o throwing putter it´s great.

Yes. I use JB's for turn overs or softer approaches. Ti is the most OS, but Big Z is close.

Buzzz will fit in between your Roc and MD. If you like it, you can swap in a BuzzzSS for the MD to have some more cohesion in the mid lineup.

(I'd be exited about that Z Zone though.)

What do people like for backhand roller? I'm considering the z express or maybe a heat (or even an XL). Right now I throw the mongoose exclusively for rollers.

Avenger SS all day for backhand rollers. And Prefer ESP plastic for rollers.

I don't really throw Discraft but I have rolled an Avenger SS on a couple occasions and it does go a long way. I almost like it better than a Roadrunner for rollers.

never thrown a ti but I found with the big z it that they are like a brand jb, and then the jb breaks in a little and starts to turn and the big z just stays as the lazer straight. the soft x is more stable then the big z at least out the box for me.

Last edited:
Nice new "old school look" on the new Ti plastic...anyone tried them?
Want that new Ti Zone :)

Nice new "old school look" on the new Ti plastic...anyone tried them?
Want that new Ti Zone :)

Haven't tried them yet, but I'll probably order a couple this weekend. Interested in trying the Ti punisher, crank, and mantis. Will definitely be picking up a couple of comets and challengers when they are released.

Interesting that all the new Ti and ESP Disc have a new more conservative look, just a logo and the name of the disc. . no big Roach with a cigar ;)

ethrasher_max-br_1.png

ebuz_max-br_1.png

Last edited:
I just wish Discraft's site had color options. Going to have to wait till some online retailers get these...

I just placed a big order @ discraft.com, and replied to my confirmation email with my color preferences. I will let you know if I get any reply, or what shows up. Does seem like they could offer color options, doesn't it?

^^^ Cool. Keep me posted.
I had written them saying a few people on "the onlines" were complaining about the site, not being able to easily find the whole lineup, and suggested they have the flight charts be the first thing you come across. So they're making improvements.

And I guess it's good for the online vendors that post actual pics of the disc you're getting. Offering something the factory store doesn't.

looking forward to the heat in ti and esp. have a ledgestone ti heat and love it hope the new one are similar.

Latest posts