• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I've heard that from some players too. They get annoyed about having to hear a Discraft disc compared to an Innova all the time to understand how it's supposed to fly.

Anyhow, who's throwing the Zombee right now? Finally ordered one to try and I'm excited to do field work with it. Going to throw it alongside my Stalkers and Buzzz's to see what it's all about.

I haven't thrown one in some time, but I liked the flight when I did. I remember them being slower than a Stalker, with a straight flight and good glide. Responded well to being thrown hard backhand. Mine was Big Z, I think.....

Anyhow, who's throwing the Zombee right now? Finally ordered one to try and I'm excited to do field work with it. Going to throw it alongside my Stalkers and Buzzz's to see what it's all about.

I bag a Glo Z and Z with an LED for the glow season (sometimes a Squall as they are very similar) and throw them on holes I'd normally throw a Buzzz. Something about throwing in the dark makes everything seem farther. Also my throws come out unintentionally softer. Trepidation over unseen branches or something...

Anyway the extra speed and turn* allow me to do touchier hyzer flips while getting the same distance as my Buzzz. Keep in my bag and will sometimes use on uphill shots. Mostly in there because I have the room, and I dig the psychobilly monster font.

*I've only owned 4 (BigZ, Glo, and 2 Zs, all 176-177g), but would rate the turn more at -2. Maybe I just happened to get some flippier ones.

I bag a Glo Z and Z with an LED for the glow season (sometimes a Squall as they are very similar) and throw them on holes I'd normally throw a Buzzz. Something about throwing in the dark makes everything seem farther. Also my throws come out unintentionally softer. Trepidation over unseen branches or something...

Anyway the extra speed and turn* allow me to do touchier hyzer flips while getting the same distance as my Buzzz. Keep in my bag and will sometimes use on uphill shots. Mostly in there because I have the room, and I dig the psychobilly monster font.

*I've only owned 4 (BigZ, Glo, and 2 Zs, all 176-177g), but would rate the turn more at -2. Maybe I just happened to get some flippier ones.

I bag a big z and would agree with that -2 turn after I beat it, -1 out of the box.

I agree with all you said and with newer players I do not see them using Discraft, I did not but that was 2003 and they were not in my area, in fact you could not buy discs in my area yet and when it happend it was Innova that was sold and still sold. I still do not see newer players using Discraft, come out with a three pack beginner set or something. I see players using disc from Discraft just not as many now with Dynamic Discs making discs that are like Discraft discs the last few years, they are trying to take the Discraft players going as far as to take a Sponsored Pro from Discraft and build discs for Eric McCabe that are like old Discraft discs Wasp=EMac Truth but in more plastic choices. Sad but Dynamic Discs also did this with Innova player Dave Feldburg after he was dropped from Innova for his one comment, to really just steal how Innova did its YouTube Videos From Dave Feldburg. Soon after Feldburg came to Dynamic Discs the YouTube videos when up in quality for Dynamic Discs. I think the Eric McCabe was the worst just offering him a better deal so they could work with a pro to copy Discraft discs he used.

Anyhow that happens, business and Discraft needs to have the modern type number system even if other disc brands do not match each other, I say just keep the old one on the discs too for players who used that instead,.
Drunk, must be piss drunk.

I bag a big z and would agree with that -2 turn after I beat it, -1 out of the box.

Maybe mine are on the flippy side then, because a hard mostly flat throw (I always add a pinch of hyzer to most my throws) side by side my Z Buzzzes, the Zombee turns over while the Buzzz stays straight.

I like the extra turn I get though.

Maybe mine are on the flippy side then, because a hard mostly flat throw (I always add a pinch of hyzer to most my throws) side by side my Z Buzzzes, the Zombee turns over while the Buzzz stays straight.

I like the extra turn I get though.

I always described my Zombee as a faster Buzzz with a little more turn. I'm throwing a esp swirly now and it's got as much beef as my wasp, no real turn at all

I've been going back and forth between having the undertaker and mantis in the bag, or just using the punisher and mantis. I find myself reaching for the mantis for most fairway driver shots, and the punisher for controlled distance. I'm pretty sure that I'd only need undertaker/mantis or punisher/mantis along with my FD3s, and since I still try to minimize molds will likely go with one or the other.

Alongside the Mantis, which would you throw, the punisher or the undertaker? I feel like the undertaker overlaps more than I'd like.

I've been going back and forth between having the undertaker and mantis in the bag, or just using the punisher and mantis. I find myself reaching for the mantis for most fairway driver shots, and the punisher for controlled distance. I'm pretty sure that I'd only need undertaker/mantis or punisher/mantis along with my FD3s, and since I still try to minimize molds will likely go with one or the other.

Alongside the Mantis, which would you throw, the punisher or the undertaker? I feel like the undertaker overlaps more than I'd like.

From what I'm hearing, sounds like the Vulture might be a better fit than the Punisher, speedwise.

From what I'm hearing, sounds like the Vulture might be a better fit than the Punisher, speedwise.

The vulture has a 1.8cm wing width, doesn't sound like what I'm wanting to be honest. The speed 11-12 slot is what I'm trying to figure out - or if I want 2 molds in speed 8-9 and then just jump to 13.

Right now I'm leaning to mongoose/mantis/predator/punisher/crank driver lineup. I really think the mantis will handle most, if not all, fairway slot duties.

The vulture has a 1.8cm wing width, doesn't sound like what I'm wanting to be honest. The speed 11-12 slot is what I'm trying to figure out - or if I want 2 molds in speed 8-9 and then just jump to 13.

Right now I'm leaning to mongoose/mantis/predator/punisher/crank driver lineup. I really think the mantis will handle most, if not all, fairway slot duties.

Ah, I thought you were looking for something close to the speed of a Mantis, just a bit more OS. My mistake.

Challengers have quickly pushed their way back in my bag. They were my go to putter years ago before I took a break.

Picked up a Ti challenger off a friend for a driving putter and I really like it, how hard are those and cryztal challengers to come by these days? Can't seem to find cryztal so easily as I used to.

Challengers have quickly pushed their way back in my bag. They were my go to putter years ago before I took a break.

Picked up a Ti challenger off a friend for a driving putter and I really like it, how hard are those and cryztal challengers to come by these days? Can't seem to find cryztal so easily as I used to.

I posted a link to these on Marshall Street on some other thread last month. The discount was a little better, but they're still there. I suppose $24 is a little steep for a Challenger, but it's the good old hard, clear cryZtal. I haven't thrown tons of challengers, but the one I got isn't flippy/domey like some Z FLX I've thrown.

I posted a link to these on Marshall Street on some other thread last month. The discount was a little better, but they're still there. I suppose $24 is a little steep for a Challenger, but it's the good old hard, clear cryZtal. I haven't thrown tons of challengers, but the one I got isn't flippy/domey like some Z FLX I've thrown.

I do remember seeing those, but since they're so old I didn't know if they were produced as much these days. I had a couple of matching LSDiscs Cryztals that I sold years ago that had the same factory stamp and probably same plastic :doh:

loving the swirly d plastic the challenger ss is in. feels so close to jawbreaker for less money.

Ruining my disc golf game, now the x plastic for the Express is not longer made acording to that chart, NO that was a just barely understable disc lots liked in elite X.

I wonder how long before this chart ends up on the site? If it ever does.