• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Yes, but would like something a little thinner, and I've heard APX is?

I don't think it is. Magnet is actually one of the lower rim depths in the Discraft lineup, with the Zone and Ringer being the only lower ones. Both of those I like for my style of approach.

If you prefer the slower, loftier approach, and it's just the sharpness of the bottom that is bothering you, you might prefer the APX's bead, over the microbead-flashing of the Magnet.

I don't think it is. Magnet is actually one of the lower rim depths in the Discraft lineup, with the Zone and Ringer being the only lower ones. Both of those I like for my style of approach.

If you prefer the slower, loftier approach, and it's just the sharpness of the bottom that is bothering you, you might prefer the APX's bead, over the microbead-flashing of the Magnet.

Okay, thanks.

Yes, but would like something a little thinner, and I've heard APX is?

I think you might like the Roach...it at least feels lower profile than the Magnet, but has a similar flight, especially in Jawbreaker.

Hey guys, does anybody know if the Cryztal Ledgestone zones were flat or puddle topped, or if they had a little dome to em? Looking at getting another Zone and want to avoid anything that could be domey.

Also, anybody gotten their hands on the new 2019 ledgestone sparkle zones to know how they feel?

Hey guys, does anybody know if the Cryztal Ledgestone zones were flat or puddle topped, or if they had a little dome to em? Looking at getting another Zone and want to avoid anything that could be domey.

Also, anybody gotten their hands on the new 2019 ledgestone sparkle zones to know how they feel?

Do domey Zones actually exist?

I asked the same question on here before and was warned that they do in fact exist, so now I have been wary about buying them online without asking first.

Someone has to have proof of this abomination, for me to believe it.

Planning on a the 2019 Ledgestone once I find a dark enough purple...

From what I saw online, the Cryztal Ledgestone were mostly puddle topped. OTBdiscs and DiscBaron list the profile of each individual discs (no Cryztal Ledgestone's left though.)

Someone has to have proof of this abomination, for me to believe it.

I had a beautiful, dark purple, first production run ZFLX with green shimmer in it, and it had a decent dome. Only one I've seen though. And from my searches on line, they seem to be a rarity.

I have lots of Zones in various plastics. 98.5% vary from puddle topped to a tiny bit of dome. The big exceptions are the 2018 ESP Supercolor ones with the Brian Allen mechazombie (my term for it) art. Those all have much more dome than the average Zone.

So have been looking for a WHITE Vulture for a lil bit - no luck - anyone see (or have) any? just curious

The PDGA has one:
discraft_vulture.jpeg

Sorry...
I have seen other white ones in Z online, but my usual stops seem to be out of it right now.

The PDGA has one:
discraft_vulture.jpeg

Sorry...
I have seen other white ones in Z online, but my usual stops seem to be out of it right now.

haha sweet - well glad to know they've existed - im in no hurry, just wanna snag a couple by spring. I hope they do another run of ESP and make em the bright white - :hfive:

DGA thread is typically very slow so I'll ask here:

I currently throw the hurricane for my main distance driver but looking for something a bit slower. How does the Rogue or Surge compare stability wise? For reference, I'm throwing mainly in the 375'-400' range with the hurricane. Just looking for something a tick slower so it's a little easier to get up to speed. I threw a surge years ago, and I remember it being more of an S-turn type flight (think slower nuke), and I'm looking for something that has a milder curve so I can hyzer flip it a bit without a huge fade.

I currently throw the hurricane for my main distance driver but looking for something a bit slower. How does the Rogue or Surge compare stability wise? For reference, I'm throwing mainly in the 375'-400' range with the hurricane. Just looking for something a tick slower so it's a little easier to get up to speed. I threw a surge years ago, and I remember it being more of an S-turn type flight (think slower nuke), and I'm looking for something that has a milder curve so I can hyzer flip it a bit without a huge fade.

I would try the undertow in SP. It was more along the lines of that type of shot. The Proline was too flippy for me, but the SP started nice and straight and beat nice turnover. I always felt the Undertow was the best neutral flying disc of the two companies and the Avenger SS the better US disc.

I have also heard good things about the Heat and Thrasher for that type of slot too.

Have you tried a Surge SS in Z?

My first zone was a pre swirly esp and it wasn't domey as such, but the area around the hotstamp had 'popped'. So it had a weird off centre dome and perfectly flat outside of the hotstamp.

Still an awesome disc.
a36962ddb6bf52f6a70ff21f3948c7ff.jpg
I have an older ESP zone that is like this. Flat to almost thumbtrack along the rim, but then a pop up dome in the middle. It's my favorite zone. It actually flies very similar to a pro d zone, very straight and longer than fresh ESP, but then a sudden dumpy fade. It didn't start out that way, but has developed the shape over time.

Don't overlook domey zones. They cover that OS midrange slot really well.

Winter DC bag:

174 JB Roach - fresh

173 ESP Comet - fresh, US
173 ESP Comet - fresh, stable

167 Big Z Sting - understable
169 Big Z Undertaker - stable
169 Big Z Predator - overstable

Ti Zone comes in and out too.

Last edited: