• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Crosslap Cubus vs. Delta Cart

Just a quick update, I've had my Cubus for several months now. It is holding up very well. I am very happy with my purchase. I would highly recommend if you are considering this style of cart.

My only hesitation with the Cubus are those holes cut out on one side. I played in a tournament a couple months back that was a down pour. Just don't understand why those holes are there when rain could pass through.

Pre-ordered a schwarz on schwarz cubus 2.0! Super excited to try it out.

A buddy has the delta which I have checked out thoroughly. Will check back in if I have some good comparisons.

A had a go-cart about five years which I really liked. I used it, despite some loose push fittings, until recently when a frame tube cracked completely through where they drilled the bolt hole.

Cubus review

I picked up a Cubus from DiscsUnlimited last week. I've never had any other cart so I can't give direct comparisons, but here are my initial thoughts. I'm switching from an Octothorpe.

Initial impressions are super positive. It looks and feels really premium. The sheet metal is a tiny bit thicker than I was expecting and it seems quite durable.

It's also a little larger than I was expecting. I'm 6'1", and the seat height is totally fine and comfortable for me. I also like that you can kind of use the pole as a backrest. I'm already brainstorming ways to attach a small back support pad on the pole.

One thing to note: the version that DiscsUnlimited is selling does not have the adjustable handle position. This is actually clearly shown on their product pictures, but I didn't pay close attention and expected the adjustable handle shown in the youtube video. I think they might be selling that as a pricier version, but DU doesn't seem to carry it. In any event, it's not a big deal to me. The fixed handle is already at the perfect angle and I can't imagine wanting to adjust it to any other.

It's easy and comfortable to push or pull and I didn't have any problems maneuvering it around the course. Of course there will be a few places where you might have to pick it up. The side handles are fine for this, but I wish there was a single centrally located handle so I could just reach down and one hand it when I need to go over big roots or rocks or something. I'll probably try to rig up my own with a strap of canvas or something.

The foam wheels are nice and I like the detachment mechanism, very quick and easy. I did get one huge thorn stuck in the wheel on my first round, so I'm sure these will need to be replaced every 6 months or so if you play on rough terrain. If you play city park golf they might never need to be replaced.

Adjusting the pole height is easy, but one minor gripe is that they didn't include the hand knobs on the lower attachment point. Being able to remove the top half of the pole isn't super useful as it still won't fit in my trunk without the entire pole removed. I plan to replace the two lower bolts with hand knobs or a bicycle speed clamp style.

The interior is super spacious. I could easily fit 30+ discs in here. I don't carry that many, so primarily I'm interested in being able to drop in a soft pack cooler or speakers or whatever else I want to bring with me.

As for the side holes: I haven't played with it in the rain, but I don't think they would be much of a problem. Most of the holes are covered by the edge of the disc holder/dividers. The lid has an overhanging lip of about an inch as well. I think even in a heavy rain, very little would get in the side holes.

That's all I can think of, but if anyone has specific questions let me know.

Adjusting the pole height is easy, but one minor gripe is that they didn't include the hand knobs on the lower attachment point. Being able to remove the top half of the pole isn't super useful as it still won't fit in my trunk without the entire pole removed. I plan to replace the two lower bolts with hand knobs or a bicycle speed clamp style.

I think even in a heavy rain, very little would get in the side holes.

That's all I can think of, but if anyone has specific questions let me know.

Is it a pain to remove the entire pole? I've got a small car so I'd have to do that in order for it to fit.

I'd really like to hear how the cart works for you after playing in some heavy rain. For me, it's not just rain but some courses I play have real ant armies. It seems like it would be an issue of them invading the cart through those holes.

Still seems like the best cart option out there. Thanks for the review.

it's not a pain, but it requires an allen wrench on two bolts, so you'll need to carry one of those around with you.

it's not a pain, but it requires an allen wrench on two bolts, so you'll need to carry one of those around with you.

The cart come with the allen wrench needed for those screws. I just keep it in the pouch.

The holes are cut into the walls to reduce the overall weight of the cart. I have played a few rounds in the rain, the cart does fine with keeping things dry. I don't think it is a problem at all.

They are both way over priced for something that looks like a milk crate with a broom handle attached. Chop $150 off the price and I might consider it.

NM, just looked at the website, nice price. It would look so sweet hydro dipped with a cool design.

I mentioned this on the ridge roller thread. You can buy the roller first and use your current bag. The in the future purchase the r3. You don't have to get the combo right away