• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dangerous Course

Strange, the aerial photo of Uncle Ando's Wurld of Weed, shows a barren field, with a few razed buildings down to the foundations. The street view is from 2012, and has plenty of mature trees.

That's exactly what it is. I've seen the ad for the tournament, and some pics posted on the local FB group. The course is nothing but an empty field, no obstacles whatsoever. Nothing to even duck behind when the discs start flying!

I can appreciate the effort, but I wouldn't go 10 minutes out of my way to play there (unless I had to pick up something at the store).

Full contact DG? Sure, everyone wears paintball gear and goes at it!

**BTW, there is a disclaimer on the poster the OP linked.

Last edited:
That's exactly what it is. I've seen the ad for the tournament, and some pics posted on the local FB group. The course is nothing but an empty field, no obstacles whatsoever. Nothing to even duck behind when the discs start flying!

I can appreciate the effort, but I wouldn't go 10 minutes out of my way to play there (unless I had to pick up something at the store).

Full contact DG? Sure, everyone wears paintball gear and goes at it!

**BTW, there is a disclaimer on the poster the OP linked.

That's a shame. Looked like a nice property back in 2012.

It's a nice piece of commercial property for sure, like a car lot or something. Maybe a DG driving range!

Haha, yeah. But I was saying before it was the car lot. I wonder why they leveled it...

Attachments

• Uncle Ando's.jpg
    Uncle Ando's.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 98
If nothing else at least Centralia has some baskets to throw at now. I think the nearest course was at least 25 miles or so away.

If it's not a sanctioned event, can we use discs by Black & Decker or DeWalt?
A multi-round tournament would literally be a case of "survive and advance."

Here is the owner/TD? reply to me when he insulted a guy that expressed a valid concern over the course design. Basically said his opinion didn't matter unless he had a PDGA number. I don't think any legit pro wouldn't put his name anywhere near this design. I copied and pasted it from FB. I lol'd at the defamation lawsuit threat.

Jeff Montgomery
Jeff Montgomery- Aaron D. ***** Is a PDGA number required to have an opinion here now? I didn't find you listed as having a PDGA membership yourself. Rick ********* has a legitimate concern. Regardless of the course issues, I hope it works out for you, Centralia is overdue for a course.

· Reply · 2h · Edited
Aaron D. *****
Aaron D. ***** Jeff Montgomery no, however, several pros have expressed a different opinion, which I subscribe to.
You haven't even seen the course or participated in any events on the course yet and yet your an expert on the course and are already defaming the course with prejudicial facts not in evidence.

That means your running your mouth defaming a course you haven't even played on that quite a few Pros are excited to be part of.
Not looking too credible guys.
Honestly you sound like a bunch of jealous dudes that could wind up with a Defimation suit from the Sponsors to be honest.

If you publically rate this course as a dangerous course without ever participating on it or publically slander the course as well claiming it is a Dangerous course, without ever stepping foot on the course while the course is approved by Professionals and Sponsors, that my friend is defimation.

It's a great course to grow your skills while working with Professionals associated with the course, making new friends and experiencing Live Music while expanding the Disc Golf Community.
It's a open course on primarily flat terrain with high visibility.
That means it's a Safe course unless guys like you show up.
I highly recommend dropping the "Un Safe" course thing immediately.
Thank You.

Shoot, Monty. You beat me to it! I'm really curious who the "professionals" are who are working with this guy. It's probably a safe course if everyone is throwing Super Pros .

Shoot, Monty. You beat me to it! I'm really curious who the "professionals" are who are working with this guy. It's probably a safe course if everyone is throwing Super Pros .

I had some choice comments in response to his post but I decided to take the high road. I wanted to let him know that a "pro" in the PDGA is often just a guy that paid an extra $25.
BTW, can't wait to play your course in North Bend. Hoping to play it Sunday morning on our way to Leavenworth. You going to be out there by chance? I hear it's really safe, lol.

This is one of the worst I have seen.

This was on the local Disc Golf NW facebook page where someone was advertising a tournament on a new course in WA.

Fairways crossing on a private course where you are the only one playing it is fine...this guy is advertising for a tournament and trying to get a weekly group going.

Someone asked about the location/layout. A course map was posted and I literally thought it was a joke map...it wasn't.

I'm concerned for people's safety.

This leads me to a whole other thought process about safety and course design standards and who should be designing courses and common sense...
Tournament info:
https://www.brownpapertickets.com/e...qMWeaSpCDMIbyWM_y2o3Z1rjs5Obxou50T7-I-pgCHIJI

About his League stuff.
Having been hit by a person in a different card during a tournament with an Avenger, It hurts. If they are not me then they will get injured if disc hits head during the League he is trying to start up on that course. Back when I got hit speed 10-11 was as long as most discs were in 2006, an exception was the Destroyer that was not yet popular the year it came out so with higher speed drivers. Couple faster discs with the fact average player is throwing harder then back in 2006 due to better training techniques and proper showing of how to X step online you could have a death on that course.

Maybe he loved the old XFL and thought he would try it with disc golf. I bet his tee pads are trampolines and part of the strategy is to bean the other players! :D:D

That sounds more like that Jumpball game then old XFL. Yeah that game had players constantly going to the 20 foot of clearance before backboards and 22 feet before rim started and hitting head on the padded edges of backboard or the non padded rim when playing, the main reasons the Jump league they made for the sport got shut down was there were too many head injuries and then player collisions that were really bad. One guy lost use of his limbs due to hitting the padded edge of a backboard so hard he almost died, watched the games on then called Versus channel. The sport was cool, you had guys who were Pro trampoline guys both Olympic style and circus, as well as some basketball players that did not make the move from NCAA to NBA or other Pro teams.

There is nothing I like better than seeing new courses go on the map, but only if the courses are designed well and the people in charge of them don't threaten to sue you for having a different opinion of the course. That course is an accident waiting to happen.

There is nothing I like better than seeing new courses go on the map, but only if the courses are designed well and the people in charge of them don't threaten to sue you for having a different opinion of the course. That course is an accident waiting to happen.

It's tough to get criticism when you've put a lot of effort into something like a disc golf course, I get that. But with an open mind that criticism should lead to tweaks to a design that is obviously unsafe no matter how clear the lines of sight are. Most new courses need changes that may not be obvious until the course starts getting played. He shouldn't want to see anyone get hurt or see himself facing an injury lawsuit. That comment I posted above that he responded to was the only comment I had made on the FB thread, so I'm not sure why he singled me out.

This whole discussion might be mostly for naught as it probably won't be too crowded out there anyways, outside of a few tournament days.

That sounds more like that Jumpball game then old XFL. Yeah that game had players constantly going to the 20 foot of clearance before backboards and 22 feet before rim started and hitting head on the padded edges of backboard or the non padded rim when playing, the main reasons the Jump league they made for the sport got shut down was there were too many head injuries and then player collisions that were really bad. One guy lost use of his limbs due to hitting the padded edge of a backboard so hard he almost died, watched the games on then called Versus channel. The sport was cool, you had guys who were Pro trampoline guys both Olympic style and circus, as well as some basketball players that did not make the move from NCAA to NBA or other Pro teams.

Yeah, I remember seeing jump ball too. Thought of it as being a joke game like XFL. Wasn't the only difference for XFL that late hits were allowed?

Armored rollerblade champion groove lacrosse played with a modified carbon fiber jai alai glove.

Here is the owner/TD? reply to me when he insulted a guy that expressed a valid concern over the course design. Basically said his opinion didn't matter unless he had a PDGA number. I don't think any legit pro wouldn't put his name anywhere near this design. I copied and pasted it from FB. I lol'd at the defamation lawsuit threat.

Jeff Montgomery
Jeff Montgomery- Aaron D. ***** Is a PDGA number required to have an opinion here now? I didn't find you listed as having a PDGA membership yourself. Rick ********* has a legitimate concern. Regardless of the course issues, I hope it works out for you, Centralia is overdue for a course.

· Reply · 2h · Edited
Aaron D. *****
Aaron D. ***** Jeff Montgomery no, however, several pros have expressed a different opinion, which I subscribe to.
You haven't even seen the course or participated in any events on the course yet and yet your an expert on the course and are already defaming the course with prejudicial facts not in evidence.

That means your running your mouth defaming a course you haven't even played on that quite a few Pros are excited to be part of.
Not looking too credible guys.
Honestly you sound like a bunch of jealous dudes that could wind up with a Defimation suit from the Sponsors to be honest.

If you publically rate this course as a dangerous course without ever participating on it or publically slander the course as well claiming it is a Dangerous course, without ever stepping foot on the course while the course is approved by Professionals and Sponsors, that my friend is defimation.

It's a great course to grow your skills while working with Professionals associated with the course, making new friends and experiencing Live Music while expanding the Disc Golf Community.
It's a open course on primarily flat terrain with high visibility.
That means it's a Safe course unless guys like you show up.
I highly recommend dropping the "Un Safe" course thing immediately.
Thank You.

Go for it. The economic damage they could claim could rise into dollar figures. Perhaps not tens of dollars, but dollars.