• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dart Fans Post Here!

It kinda looks like a rubbery Goblin from the picture.

What exactly do you not like about the feel? I am certainly used to an Aviar as well. I like all the concept behind the Dart and was hoping I would like the feel of it. The thing I like least about the Aviar is the rim depth, please tell me the dart is not quite as deep.
PDGA Tech Specs list the Aviar at 1.5 CM and the Dart at 1.4 CM. So, it's probably pretty close, although PDGA Tech Specs have been known to be a little FUBAR from time to time. Just a little, though. ;)

What exactly do you not like about the feel? ... The thing I like least about the Aviar is the rim depth, please tell me the dart is not quite as deep.

As you can see from this side by side comparison (dart on the right), the dart has a taller rim and the aviar has a bigger rounded edge. I think the depth of the rim is almost the same it just has a different feel. I think this usually accounts for people not liking rim depth and they just need to find a disc that fits their grip well.

I finally got my hands on one today at Discovering The World, which praise the Lord in Heaven is right down the street from me. I was not as impressed with the Dart as I imagined that I would be. It was not necessarily the design as much as it was how stiff the r-Pro material felt. I think it feels a little bit like a better mix of Champion and DX plastic.

I would still love to get a bunch of putters and take them out for a test run, just to see what I like best.

Well, I bought and threw the Dart today. I was skeptical about it, since I never liked the feel of a super flexible disc, but it is what I've been waiting for from Innova: A putter that has driving capabilities. Now, that being said, it can't go that far (100'-125'). It can hold a line and I was deadly accurate from 35-40' in and I played very nice practice round. I threw from about 110' out from a basket and hit chains easily (but I have never felt that confident from that far out before) so that being said, it was nice! My putting and game will only get better from here!

Played a round with it today (accidentally left my regular putter at home...). The dart is very straight for a long way and finishes left when it slows down. Very useful for long putts that you need to keep from going past the basket (creek behind, downhill, etc). The grip helps it stick near the pin as well. I may actually end up adding this to the bag.

How stabe is this thing in comparison to the Big Bead Aviars?

everyone run right out and buy it...it's new, you have to have one!! gimme a break, there are many putters with similar feels and flights already out...but newbies have to have the next big thing!!

Innova R-Pro Dart

Anyone throwing this disc yet??? I usually throw a SSS Magic or Voodoo or an Evolution Magic or Voodoo... How does the Dart compare to these discs???

Thanks
Josh

I haven't thrown those others, but I just played my first rounds with a 173g Dart yesterday.

It's a peculiar disc, with very little turn and almost NO fade. It felt great for short putts and okay for approaches, but it didn't work well for long putts where I tried to loft it up to the right and have it hyzer in toward the basket; it just wouldn't fall off to the left! I'm still experimenting though.

R-Pro Dart

Does anyone have the new dart from the innova website? i just "tuned" my putter into a tree at about 50 mph and bent a nice chunk and consequently thinking about a new putter.

Does anyone have the new dart from the innova website? i just "tuned" my putter into a tree at about 50 mph and bent a nice chunk and consequently thinking about a new putter.

I have picked one up but did not buy it or throw it. It is very gummy like some of the Milenium & Lightning Puters or the old Bowflys. It bends really easy too. It just was not my cup of tee, so I put it back on the shelf.

i have one and absolutely love it. it has a great feel in your hand and flies straight as an arrow (or should i say dart;). it catches the chains much better than other dx putters and the rim of the baskets instead of bouncing off it tends to fall right in. if you have ever thrown a magnet it is a little more flrexible than that but slightly less flexible than a soft magnet.

i have one and absolutely love it. it has a great feel in your hand and flies straight as an arrow (or should i say dart;). it catches the chains much better than other dx putters and the rim of the baskets instead of bouncing off it tends to fall right in. if you have ever thrown a magnet it is a little more flexible than that but slightly less flexible than a soft magnet.

As soon as you said Magnet my ears perked up. I might have to check this disc out.

How does it fly compared to the Magnet?

All the recommendations I've run into indicate that the Dart might not be such a bad investment. I'm planning on picking one up myself. :)

I picked one up last weekend and played a round with it. So far I like it alot. It is soft which at first I found strange but I'm okay with it now. It is very similar to the san marino aviar's but a little less fade. I threw some long putts with good accuracy.. It flies like a Dart!

Latest posts