• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg ITB (NEW)

I second this but I think it would be pretty hard to find someone that is top caliber and not sponsored.

Yeah, I've seen plenty (including mine :::cheap plug:::) but who wants to see what my sub-900 rated butt throws? I've seen some.good Juniors In The Bag as well.

Rico had one from a few years ago with a mixed line up. He also had like 40+ discs in this 3-sectioned monstrosity of a bag. No You Tube at work so can't find the link.

I'd think a lot of the old DD itbs would have mixed bags. A lot of those players were also sponsored by Innova or DC, but there were also some mixed bags in there. Nikko was throwing a mixed bag for a while. I think there might be one of him out there with a mixed bag.

Are there any good non-sponsored pro ITB videos? Would love to see those too!

What rating is a good non sponsored pro? Most Ams with decent ratings are sponsored in some way. Actually, Brad Ramsey in Charlotte is a consistent 1012 player that plays often, and he is not sponsored.

Last edited:
What rating is a good non sponsored pro? Most Ams with decent ratings are sponsored in some way. Actually, Brad Ramsey in Charlotte is a consistent 1012 player that plays often, and he is not sponsored.

I think it all depends on how they fit for a certain brand. I've seen 870 rated Ams being sponsored and 1000 plus rated pros go unsponsored. Crazy game we play

It would be interesting to know what the top pros cut their teeth on before they were sponsored.

I'm not sure why anyone would expect anything other than a sales pitch from any sponsored pro. After all, the reason they have this job is to sell their company's product. If they can't do that, they wouldn't be sponsored.

I'm not sure why anyone would expect anything other than a sales pitch from any sponsored pro. After all, the reason they have this job is to sell their company's product. If they can't do that, they wouldn't be sponsored.

True, but some are more blatant about it. Or rather unnatural in their presentation. Feldberg has so many discs in his bag, and a lot of what we not - as - good players would say is overlap, so his seems more like a sales pitch than say, Yetis, which was more humorous and natural in tone.

Either way, I do like to see what the pros throw.

I think many guys are quick to place any logo on themselves to claim to be a "sponsored" player. So if an 890 rated golfer knows somebody that is willing to throw a couple shirts and discs their way, they'll sport their brand and say they are a sponsor. And many 1000+ rated guys don't want to limit their bag to only one brand, so they stay unsponsored.

I have noticed that many team innova and discmania in the bag videos only have a few molds, or they carry molds that are oop. I don't feel like those videos are trying to sale to me. it does seem like trilogy throwers carry a lot of molds from all three companies.

Never once in this video did I think he was trying to push an Innova disc for the sake of pushing it. Instead he focused more on giving tips and advice for disc golfers. He was being a pro, not a salesman.

There is plenty of unsponsored junior players, that kill it out on the course.

Never once in this video did I think he was trying to push an Innova disc for the sake of pushing it. Instead he focused more on giving tips and advice for disc golfers. He was being a pro, not a salesman.

Yes, that was probably the least of a sales pitch I've seen. There was one Climo did that was similar.

I think the older guys that have just been using Innova all their lives have it a bit easier though. Just about any DGer knows what an Aviar, Roc or Tbird is, no need to sell them.

Dave has got to convince you he likes a Dagger and Mace just as well :)

I definitely learned something from this. Things I have heard before, but the way he told the story made me want to rethink it. I've always liked using the same putter for everything. Now I might have to reconsider that. Maybe still use a Pure for throwing, but keep it separate from my putting Pure.

And take my favorite discs and play with the plastic choice instead of buying new ones...

Yes, that was probably the least of a sales pitch I've seen. There was one Climo did that was similar.

I think the older guys that have just been using Innova all their lives have it a bit easier though. Just about any DGer knows what an Aviar, Roc or Tbird is, no need to sell them.

Dave has got to convince you he likes a Dagger and Mace just as well :)

I definitely learned something from this. Things I have heard before, but the way he told the story made me want to rethink it. I've always liked using the same putter for everything. Now I might have to reconsider that. Maybe still use a Pure for throwing, but keep it separate from my putting Pure.

And take my favorite discs and play with the plastic choice instead of buying new ones...

I took Barry's advice years ago and always keep my putters and throwers separate even with my practice sets. Great ITB also. I really liked this one too.

So glad to see Nate getting the credit he deserves and reaching that next level. He was such a great example for me on the course during my noob years. He seems to always have a level head no matter what.

I have noticed that many team innova and discmania in the bag videos only have a few molds, or they carry molds that are oop. I don't feel like those videos are trying to sale to me. it does seem like trilogy throwers carry a lot of molds from all three companies.

But it's because the Trilogy "has so many great discs!"

:|:|:|:|:|