• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD Soldier Bag

Someone earlier asked about presales and I was told they won't do a presale because they expect enough on hand when it becomes available. I know they're expecting a restock on Rangers and probably a container full of both those and the soldier bags so you shouldn't have a problem getting one unless you wait too long and pick the most popular color.

Looks like a nice bag and price point but I have to say I'm not a fan of the open bottom putter pocket...When the weather is cold and snow is on the ground it leaves the bottom of your putter open to wet snow when you set it on the ground. Also I would be concerned with rocky surfaces that could more easily scuff and scratch the disc in the putter pocket due to the open bottom. Perhaps it will sit high enough off the ground that this won't be an issue but still a concern IMO.

So you are concerned that the discs that you throw though the air that lands on the hard ground and rocks...might get scratched when they are in the open bottom putter pocket??? :doh::doh::doh:

Anyone have a more solid release date on these? I'm bummed that they got pushed back past March. I had to pick up another bag in the meantime, so I can use something bigger than my starter bag for a tourney this month.

So you are concerned that the discs that you throw though the air that lands on the hard ground and rocks...might get scratched when they are in the open bottom putter pocket??? :doh::doh::doh:

Yes, that's what it sounds like. Let his concerns be his own.

Seems that YOU'RE concerned that HE'S concerned.... Kind of wasted time if you ask me.

Anyone have a more solid release date on these? I'm bummed that they got pushed back past March. I had to pick up another bag in the meantime, so I can use something bigger than my starter bag for a tourney this month.

I'll ask this weekend at the dd tournament here. Not sure if Rusco will be around or not. Kindy is the TD but someone might have a more exact date. Could be April 1st or could be any day between then and the end of the month. Not much they could do about Chinese new year and workers not working. Silly chinese and that lazy work ethic. :D

Chinese New Years kicks out new year's ass. As a kid, I got at least $200 in "lucky money" every time, and played with firecrackers

I completely forgot to ask him about this. Rusco was running things and I remembered to ask about my hole sponsorships for the GBO and not this bag. It's april sometime but I don't know if that's next monday or the end of april. There was one being worn by a DD sponsored player and employee today at the Monkey Island. I'm sure I'll be there later this week and I'll try to nail down a firmer date.

As long as I know it's in April, that's good enough. Thanks for checking on it, though. I was more concerned that it would be delayed longer and thinking about grabbing a different bag for this need.

I do not see a mini or pencil holder on exterior. Anyone know if they will have them? Are they here yet, Are they here yet.

There is a wait for everything I want :wall:

I talked to Toby today about them and he said they are hoping to receive them in a couple weeks so the April time frame is still probably good but it's not going to be the first of april. I'm not sure about a pencil slot or mini pouch. It's possible that is inside one of the zippered pockets.

assuming the features listed here are complete, there are no dedicated pencil or mini slots:

http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/dynamic-discs-disc-golf-bags/

• Holds 18+ discs in the main compartment and 2 putters in the putter pocket
  • Includes adjustable shoulder strap with additional padding
  • Mesh pocket for scorecard, pencils, and minis
  • Two drink holders that will each hold a 32 oz. Gatorade or Nalgene bottle
  • Two zippered pockets to hold your valuables, disc golf accessories, and snacks
  • Internal U-shaped frame to hold discs in place
  • Two dividers included
  • Available in 5 vibrant colors in the Fracture Series

I'm curious why the don't list the fabric type. Is it 600D Poly like their other bags?

Oh yeah I forgot the top flap has a mesh pocket on the underside. I would probably keep my keys and stuff in that and a mini and pencil in the zippered pocket but I guess it can work however you want. It's not a high storage bag but it's got more than commander and sniper plus the dual water pouches I think make it a great value bag and something I will get a lot of use out of for anytime I don't want the weight of my grip or ranger. I'll probably use it for a lot of casual and league rounds as well as tournament rounds on courses that don't require a ton of discs to play well. I didn't ask about fabric material but the proto and production bags I've seen so far all seemed to be the same material as their other models. I imagine the fabric details will be listed once the bags are in and listed for sale.

yeah, storage is the main thing I'm a little worried about with this bag. I'm trying to decide between this, the Innova Deluxe, or Innova Competition bag.

yeah, storage is the main thing I'm a little worried about with this bag. I'm trying to decide between this, the Innova Deluxe, or Innova Competition bag.

I had an innova discarrier for a long time which is just a larger comp bag. It was pretty good. I know my discarrier had more storage but the competition bag has the same layout as these with slightly larger side pockets I'd say. This bag is more comparable to the deluxe as far as storage and disc space. The difference being the soldier bag will have two drink holders like the competition bag. Price wise it's the same I think the Soldier falls right between the price for each. Really I'd say it's going to come down to color choice and which name, if any, you care is on the bag. For me I think I like the five fracture color choices that DD will be releasing at first and the fact they will offer matching colored quad straps is nice. Whether you go innova or with this bag you'll have to pay about $25 extra for good straps. I don't know if innova bags are warrantied or not but the soldier should be covered for replacement if you get a tear or defect.

Good info, Steeze, thanks! I asked about them at the West Bend, WI tour stop, just in case they had a couple hiding in the RV. :D

Latest posts