• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD Soldier Bag

Nope, not a bad price at all. I actually jumped on it right away and grabbed a set at $64.99 + $5 shipping....

Guess I know what my next bag buy will be...unless there is any solid truth to this lat64 backpack.

I broke out all the orange discs I had in backups, got a new orange towel cause my old orange towel was frayed. Orange mini misprint. Orange birdie bag. I needed both those anyway but took the opportunity to color match.

2aguwea.jpg

Definitely holds two large water bottles. I put two Nalgene titans in there. Sadly I only have those in green and blue. I'm going to resist ordering a pair in orange.

30ndlso.jpg

Got 6 distance drivers in the left, 6 fairways in the middle with room for 2 or 3 more. 3 mids and my trident specialty disc on the right. Two putters in the putter pocket. Plenty of disc storage. I better find more orange fairways.

vdh30g.jpg

Throwing these last two in cause there is a post pic limit of 5 and it was funny to see this parked as I pulled up next to it. The mailman coming to pick up all of today's orders going out was talking major smack on it lol. He had no idea who it belonged to but he thought the wrap was hideous. I like the car...I'm indifferent on the wrap.

rjqqe1.jpg

This was $15 well spent. I will either just collect it or maybe raffle it locally to raise money for a new course I want to get put in.

jujyoh.jpg

Guess I know what my next bag buy will be...unless there is any solid truth to this lat64 backpack.

Oh there is truth to that backpack. Should be out in two months or less. It's going to be a lot more expensive than this bag though lol. At least $200 I'd say but don't quote me. :thmbup:

Is the outside bottom just fabric?

It is. Feels reinforced or pretty heavy duty. Almost canvas like. I don't know I'm not a seamstress so I don't know exactly. I'm not hard on bags though and I will use the warranty if I needed to. I might consider the paint on plastic dip but that might also void the warranty so I probably won't. Someone else who ordered might be able to answer better when they get it.

Last edited:
Nice orange color scheme. You're hosed if you play a round on Tatooine though.

Damn, wish i was in E-town today would have loved to see the Beast!!

Damn, wish i was in E-town today would have loved to see the Beast!!

I get the impression he'll be here until after the GBO. Maybe hit KC a couple days and practice the KCWO courses too.

Couple comments more about the bag. I wouldn't mind a mini pocket and pencil sleeve on the outside of one of the storage pockets but I think I understand why they didn't. It would maybe snag and you'd have to push in on the storage pocket if you did and I wouldn't want to crush my onnit protein or bearded brothers bar. :D The zippered mesh pocket on the under flap will hold stuff like that anyway. I have one storage pocket with mini, protein bar, and birdie bag. The other I'll probably put cell phone, keys, and ecig.

Putter pocket has some clearance off the ground. I'm not worried about dinging up a putter by setting it down. I like my putters dinged up anyway.

Can't wait until mine gets here tomorrow. I got the chartreuse but I would love to have one of these in the white or graffiti!

Received my large order yesterday, interesting bag. The matching straps are a nice touch. Will try to do a video review soon, but the US Masters are taking priority.

Dd Lewisville said they will have my bag in tomorrow along with the Tesla order. I have to work all day so I'll be picking it up friday.

These might be a touch bigger than I anticipated. Easily holds 20 discs in there. Was kinda hoping for something in the 12-15 range. From my initial look at them, they aren't bad, I wish the drink holders were elastic on the top (rather than letting smaller drinks flop around).

Will beat mine all to crap when I get it. Can def say I've been satisfied with my Sniper's durability, despite the lack of 5000D bulletproof kevlar ballistic armored material.

These might be a touch bigger than I anticipated. Easily holds 20 discs in there. Was kinda hoping for something in the 12-15 range. From my initial look at them, they aren't bad, I wish the drink holders were elastic on the top (rather than letting smaller drinks flop around).

Will beat mine all to crap when I get it. Can def say I've been satisfied with my Sniper's durability, despite the lack of 5000D bulletproof kevlar ballistic armored material.

I'll have about 20 total in mine when a couple discs arrive in the mail. Right now I had 16+2. If I want to carry less I'll likely just take my sniper but I could also move the dividers and keep drivers to one side, mids to the other, and use the middle section for a rain jacket or extra towels. Another good way to limit capacity and carry less discs without them knocking around when loaded with less is to get the accordian style dividers. I may invest in some of those but right now I don't feel the need. I'm digging the bag a few rounds in.

My bags are supposed to be here tomorrow. Gotta decide if I am keeping the red or orange. Probably be the red... The other is a grad present.

Finally picked up my bag today. It looks great in blue! There is some room for improvement tho. I would love to see a dedicated mini pocket as well as a pen/sharpie holder. The bottom looks pretty durable but i feel like having feet would be better. I will see how well it holds up and if need i can always plastidip the bottom. Actually has less storage space than my dga elite shield but since this will be my summer bag (thanks to its generous dual bottle holders) thats not a big issue. Also if i need more room i can always use the dividers in the main compartment to make some space (usually carry only 12 discs so theres plenty of room). Cant wait to take it out later today. As far as im concerned it was worth the wait and the money.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 90
Really liking mine more each day I get out and play with it. I'm actually glad the bottom doesn't have anything on it. Too many times I've tossed my bag up on the hood of my vehicle and had small scratches in the paint. The bottom is reinforced I'm going to leave it as is. I considered painting on the plastidip but with the warranty I'm not going to risk voiding that by altering the design. I know they'll replace it with no cost to me if it has issues. First time with the DD straps and I'm not really missing the phenix quads I had a year ago. These are light and comfortable and while the shock absorption was ok on the phenix it also caused that springy bounce to your bag and these just hold it in place better. It's going to see a lot of action this summer.

Thanks for the reminder about the warranty! Youre right, it'd be silly of me to void the warranty. And as we both said, it does look pretty durable. When wearing it loaded with discs, it feels great. The quad straps are the perfect length for me and lets the bag sit perfectly on my back. The problem with my other quad straps is that they are a bit long, and even when shortened they end up sliding and stretching so the bag sits too low on my bottom. About to take this bad boy out and i cant wait.

Finally picked up my bag today. It looks great in blue! There is some room for improvement tho. I would love to see a dedicated mini pocket as well as a pen/sharpie holder. The bottom looks pretty durable but i feel like having feet would be better. I will see how well it holds up and if need i can always plastidip the bottom. Actually has less storage space than my dga elite shield but since this will be my summer bag (thanks to its generous dual bottle holders) thats not a big issue. Also if i need more room i can always use the dividers in the main compartment to make some space (usually carry only 12 discs so theres plenty of room). Cant wait to take it out later today. As far as im concerned it was worth the wait and the money.

would you mind posting a side by side of the DGA bag and the Soldier bag?

Latest posts