• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] DD3

I think that it will probably go farther out of the box than beat in PD2s
That may be true...but how far? Even if I got 20 extra feet of distance with a DD3, I wouldn't bag it. I don't get why Eagle would even add DD3s to his PD2 cycle. Simon and Eagle cycle PD2s and have backups. Why add another mold to your bag to cause confusion? Though I am a fan of cycling and I (try to) keep my bag as simple as possible.

That may be true...but how far? Even if I got 20 extra feet of distance with a DD3, I wouldn't bag it. I don't get why Eagle would even add DD3s to his PD2 cycle. Simon and Eagle cycle PD2s and have backups. Why add another mold to your bag to cause confusion? Though I am a fan of cycling and I (try to) keep my bag as simple as possible.

Same logic that leads to most Lat64 people carrying at least Defenders + Enforcers. Or Discraft pros carrying Forces as well as a Nuke or something similar. Sometimes the more OS mold just doesn't cycle into a max distance shot as well as one that bombs immediately.
One of the most important parts of Destroyers is how historically inconsistent they are, so a different run or year can be almost a different mold.

Honestly I agree with the second part, Eagle can throw PD2's long enough that he almost breaks certain courses, to the extent where this past year he toned it down, threw more PD's and played percentages and had his most successful year. Now he claims he needs the extra 50' :confused:?

Very skeptical. But it is possible to improve upon existing molds.

Just think of the naysayers before the destroyer was tooled.

Have we hit the top of the bell curve of amazing, fast and controllable ultra long range distance drivers?

Doesn't have to worry about losing his perfectly beat in PD2's now.

^^^^this, and he said he likes the more forward finish to compliment his pd2's more aggresive finish. looking at the numbers i would bet small amounts of money that its a anhyzer topped shryke.

I've always thought that the anhyzer top makes discs less stable. If so, what would be the difference between this and the DD2? My money is still on a scorpius/destroyer-clone

I thought the pd2 was xcal/anny and the PD was firebird/anny. There seems to be no certainties..

I thought the pd2 was xcal/anny and the PD was firebird/anny. There seems to be no certainties..

Except for the text config PDs this is supposed to be the way it is...who really knows with cooling issues aka molding inefficiencies aka wrong pieces in use.

Cloudbreaker box arrived today. I don't have any Destroyers to compare it to, but it is noticeably different than my PD2s (C-Line, S-Line, and Glow). DD3 has a more pointed edge (i.e. it doesn't have the shoulder that the PD2s do).

Hoping to get some test flights in this afternoon.

Cloudbreaker box arrived today. I don't have any Destroyers to compare it to, but it is noticeably different than my PD2s (C-Line, S-Line, and Glow). DD3 has a more pointed edge (i.e. it doesn't have the shoulder that the PD2s do).

Hoping to get some test flights in this afternoon.

Any chance you're gonna post a profile pic?

Profile pics: DD3 vs S-PD2, DD3 vs C-PD2, DD3 vs Glow PD2

All discs are new or newish, purchased in the last 6 months.

Attachments

• IMG_2395.jpg
    IMG_2395.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2396.jpg
    IMG_2396.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2397.jpg
    IMG_2397.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 123
The top doesn't quite look the same as a Destroyer. The shoulder looks a bit lower/straighter.

Latest posts