• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] DD3

Yea pd2s will break in to lose the fade well for on the course. I put several in the 500-550 range in collegiate competition.. but in a raw distance competition I think the destroyer and boss have a more penetrating fade than a pd2 so will fly further. Maybe 10-15 feet at 500. It is not a huge difference at all on the course for "normal" shots

Agree even for my arm they are a bit longer than PD2. I just don't need that 10-15 feet.

Glow PD2s are a different animal. I bag both, DD3s and them. Still havent figured out which I like better, but whenever I throw either of them, rarely is it a poor shot, so there. Not sure I need to figure it out after all.

Which glow PD2's are you guys talking about? I only have s and p line...

I always thought glow was the most overstable Plastic of them all...

Last edited:
Yeah man. Glow PD2s are the everyman's PD2.

Plastic types dont always have the same effect across the board. Like Luster PD2s are stupid wicked overstable, yet for FD3s and FDs Luster is much more mellow.

Which glow PD2's are you guys talking about? I only have s and p line...

I always thought glow was the most overstable Plastic of them all...

I had a few color glows when they came out. They were high speed stable to about 425. I mostly threw super best up S-lines though, I miss my roller S pd2 :(. Gonna take some time to get another lol, thats why I throw shrykes now

Just got an S-Line DD3. Shocking news:

The rim width measures the same as a Destroyer, Scorpius, PD2, and XCal- all are ~.910"ish per my calipers.

Last edited:
I threw a DD3 for the first time today. S line 175g. Here are my thoughts:

Upon initial examination, this disc looks EXACTLY like a domey star Destroyer. Holding the 2 discs up side by side you can't see any differences. Usually with Discmania discs you can spot subtle differences from Innova models. Not the case here.

The disc itself is outstanding. IMO this DD3 is what every star Destroyer strives to be. As mentioned, the DD3 is domier than most star Destroyers I've ever seen. I won't call the dome ridiculous, but its pretty noticeable. Also, the plastic seems a tad stiffer (less gummy/rubbery). Some of the later star Destroyers are made of really gummy plastic, and I feel like it makes the discs flatter and harder to throw effectively.

The DD3 is steerable and IMO flies like a perfectly beat in star Destroyer. This disc has the -1 high speed turn, which it holds for a pretty long while in flight. A lot of newer star Destroyers don't have high speed turn, and have a super dumpy late fade. Thrown hard and flat the DD3 would drift right just a bit and flex out hugely. I was getting some very legit distance. Also noteworthy was the fact that the DD3 didn't have a gross, dumpy fade like many star Destroyers do. It penetrated well and faded gracefully.

All in all I loved throwing the DD3. I felt like I was able to figure the disc out quickly and start throwing accurate bombs. The DD3 holds a line well and doesn't fade out as soon as most Destroyers. The extra dome created extra glide as well. Top distance with the DD3 was probably 430'.

DD3: 12, 5, -1, 2. The 2 real differences in flight between the DD3 and the Destroyer are that the DD3 holds the high speed turn (flex) longer than a Destroyer, and it doesn't fade as abruptly. It basically flies like a nicely beat star Destroyer. The extra dome produced some added glide. The DD3 is that great driver that will flex out nicely, but isn't flippy. Much mellower overall flight than MOST Destroyers. A must have for people who are looking for the holy grail of star Destroyers. Another similar mold would be the Scorpius.

This last run of Cloudbreakers, poppy holy cow, massive glide and distance with good stable flight. I am working one in and it just keeps getting better, but not flippy.

This last run of Cloudbreakers, poppy holy cow, massive glide and distance with good stable flight. I am working one in and it just keeps getting better, but not flippy.

My DD3 isn't a Cloudbreaker, but it sure seems to fly as you describe. Big dome too. More dome than probably any star Destroyer I've seen. Literally that perfect 12, 5, -1, 2 flight.... where the disc actually holds the high speed turn for a while before fading. Most Destroyers don't do that.

Today I acquired a DD3 cloudbreaker in a trade. It weighs 167 and has a flat, blizzard-textured wing - reminiscent of the 2017 philo destroyers. It also has a very healthy pop-top.

After a lysol treatment, I hucked it a few times today. Very, very nice disc. If I could find more with this shape, they could challenge my destroyers in my bag. Good glide, some turn, and a nice forward fade. Less dumpy than a destroyer. Flat rips were getting right about 400.

Anyone else throw these flat, straight, blizzard wing cloud breakers? My buddy has a max weight cloud breaker with a more convex shaped wing to it, and it flies more like a PD2. I'd have to hand pick these to buy more.

Today I acquired a DD3 cloudbreaker in a trade. It weighs 167 and has a flat, blizzard-textured wing - reminiscent of the 2017 philo destroyers. It also has a very healthy pop-top.

After a lysol treatment, I hucked it a few times today. Very, very nice disc. If I could find more with this shape, they could challenge my destroyers in my bag. Good glide, some turn, and a nice forward fade. Less dumpy than a destroyer. Flat rips were getting right about 400.

Anyone else throw these flat, straight, blizzard wing cloud breakers? My buddy has a max weight cloud breaker with a more convex shaped wing to it, and it flies more like a PD2. I'd have to hand pick these to buy more.

The DD3 I threw sounds as you describe, however mine isn't a Cloudbreaker. S line 175g. Really nice, mellow flight. It held high speed turn for a long time before fading fairly gently. Longer and glidier than most star Destroyers I've seen. Big dome too.

I wouldn't be surprised if the DD3 has some inconsistency like Destroyers do. I've only thrown the one, but I really liked it.

Looking for a new distance driver. Anyone have insight into DD3 v Barsby Scorpius v Zeus ? I know they're basically all destroyer clones/old destroyer molds. Just don't want a roast beef of a disk on my hand. Looking for something with that nice turn out of the box but always fades back.

Looking for a new distance driver. Anyone have insight into DD3 v Barsby Scorpius v Zeus ? I know they're basically all destroyer clones/old destroyer molds. Just don't want a roast beef of a disk on my hand. Looking for something with that nice turn out of the box but always fades back.

DD3 isn't going to turn without 450+ feet of average power. I can probably throw mine 425 on my best day and it's not turning on a flat rip. It will hold hyzer too, no flip up.

The echo line has turn right out of the box. They were a very limited run. I would look elsewhere.

The Falcon is pretty nice, easy to control, turns out of the box, and it's fast and long.

If you can hand pick destroyers or DD3s, look for the ones with the flat wings.

If you can hand pick destroyers or DD3s, look for the ones with the flat wings.

I've got 6 DD3 now and none have these wings, I bought them all online though so I would second the advice here.

But I still wouldn't expect much turn without 425+ feet of power. I'd encourage you to look at a different mold.

I used to bag lighter 160-168 star destroyers with the flat wings for that nice S-curve distance shot

The echo DD3 appears to be closer to that stability.

Latest posts