• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] DD3

The shoulders don't look as rounded in the pic as they feel in hand. Very flat top.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• D237E9BC-E132-4503-B243-A1DC0EC4F3D2.jpg
    D237E9BC-E132-4503-B243-A1DC0EC4F3D2.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 311
  • D3DD2CB6-0F38-4E6B-87DC-BA5319CA3A34.jpg
    D3DD2CB6-0F38-4E6B-87DC-BA5319CA3A34.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 316
I threw a champion Destroyer recently (167g) that had a flat rim (not concave). Flew great. The only Destroyers you usually see with that rim are Wysocki Raptors.

FWIW, the lightest DD3 I've seen is 167g. Good flyer, but it has the blizzardy plastic.

I don't think the "blizzardy" rims from the past few years of Innova are intentional. Pretty sure most of it is splay, which speaks to a likely lack of hygrothermal controls in their production facility, combined with crap QA/QC practices.

That's not to say that the splay doesn't sometimes produce some awesome discs. It's just hard to know what you are getting until you actually put your hands on it.

I don't think the "blizzardy" rims from the past few years of Innova are intentional. Pretty sure most of it is splay, which speaks to a likely lack of hygrothermal controls in their production facility, combined with crap QA/QC practices.

That's not to say that the splay doesn't sometimes produce some awesome discs. It's just hard to know what you are getting until you actually put your hands on it.

I've thrown a few "blizzardy" champion and star Destroyers that were actually pretty good. That said, I don't like those type of rims. The disc just has a crappy, cheap look to it. That plastic also wears out super fast.

I agree it speaks to remarkably poor QC. Discraft and other big companies aren't putting out choppy looking discs like that.

I've thrown a few "blizzardy" champion and star Destroyers that were actually pretty good. That said, I don't like those type of rims. The disc just has a crappy, cheap look to it. That plastic also wears out super fast.

I agree it speaks to remarkably poor QC. Discraft and other big companies aren't putting out choppy looking discs like that.

I think that I have some freaks of blizzardy star destroyers then. I have three of them in the bag, one has been in for 7 years now and has beat in just as a normal star destroyer would and the same with the other 2 that have been in for 1 and 3 years.

I've played rough with this S-Line DD3 for the last week. I'm actually getting pretty good hitting the glass from the opposite end of a basketball court. It has become more user friendly and mellowed. Even though I bought it used, it wasn't that used.

I've played rough with this S-Line DD3 for the last week. I'm actually getting pretty good hitting the glass from the opposite end of a basketball court. It has become more user friendly and mellowed. Even though I bought it used, it wasn't that used.

DD3s are good drivers. IMO they fly like very slightly mellower Destroyers. I bag a 175g S line DD3, and it gets the job done. Domier and slightly less beefy than the McBeth Destroyer it replaced.

I felt up a Cloudbreaker3 pre release at a shop the other day. Plastic seemed pretty meh to me and not swirly. Gonna retail for over $30 too.

Happily, I have no interest in throwing them.

Went to my local shop to check out the CB3 and put it right back on the shelf. Not a fan of the plastic at all. Perhaps the loyal DM fans who buy them will throw them well, but I've grown to like what I like, and that ain't it.