• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] DD3

Went to my local shop to check out the CB3 and put it right back on the shelf. Not a fan of the plastic at all. Perhaps the loyal DM fans who buy them will throw them well, but I've grown to like what I like, and that ain't it.

I agree about the plastic, except I put money down anyway for an ugly disc. I hope the other one I bought from the DM website has a better stamp. Iridescent stamp on blood pink is basically invisible. I'll post a pic later. And also, I've had my fun with DM and their new stuff. I'm out for any more new.

Wonder why this was the last Cloudbreaker 3 on the shelf?
attachment.php

CB3 vs beat up S-Line DD3
attachment.php

Wings look the same to me, depth feels same. The new Cloudbreaker 3 has higher PLH, but that's compared to beat up.

Attachments

• 67ED6170-DDE7-4728-B34A-F1C91181C32D.jpg
    67ED6170-DDE7-4728-B34A-F1C91181C32D.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 60785579-1413-4237-B205-1D24DE4E9E94.jpg
    60785579-1413-4237-B205-1D24DE4E9E94.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 132
Iridescent stamp on blood pink is basically invisible.

Just sharpie $$ on it so you'll know it's the disc you paid over $30 for. These things might be bombers but I'm thoroughly unimpressed.

Shop got 32 of them and says they were sold out in a couple hours. What do I know?

I agree about the plastic, except I put money down anyway for an ugly disc. I hope the other one I bought from the DM website has a better stamp. Iridescent stamp on blood pink is basically invisible. I'll post a pic later. And also, I've had my fun with DM and their new stuff. I'm out for any more new.
This exact disc was all my local store had in stock. I thought it was awful as well. Some might think the ghost stamp is cool because they are typically the rarest, but I have a hunch there will be more "rarities" than people would like to think.

Please describe, what did it feel like?
Hard to describe now that I've been tasked with it. It's supposed to be a mix of their new s-line and c-line plastic and I'd say that feels pretty accurate, however, I don't think they've quite figured out the s-line material; hence the mix. Just my opinion.

Hard to describe now that I've been tasked with it. It's supposed to be a mix of their new s-line and c-line plastic and I'd say that feels pretty accurate, however, I don't think they've quite figured out the s-line material; hence the mix. Just my opinion.

Does it feel cheap? Not grippy? Too gummy? Too Stiff? Feel like a knockoff? I'm trying to understand I got one coming from DM. Kind of concerned.

I'm holding a new c-line MD3, old C-line FD, old S-line DD3, and the new S-Blend Cloudbreaker3. As well, a Neo Essence and a Royal Trust.
Stiffness, hardest to soft:
Old C-Line
Royal
Old S-line
New C-Line
New S-Blend
Neo

Grip: slickest to tacky-est:
Old C-Line
Old S-Line
New C-Line
Royal
Neo
New S-Blend

Last edited:
I haven't fondled the new stuff but watching videos (which we all know makes me an authority) it seems like the plastic on the new run of Cloudbreaker is pretty similar to the gold line from Latitude or fusion from Dynamic. Kind of soft and pretty grippy.

When I get a chance to handle one I'll see how far off I was.

I held my neighbors last night and it seemed to me to be very similar to latitude's hybrid plastic in stiffness. Grippiness/tackiness was much higher than hybrid or gold line, and was slightly higher than the new c-line. It has a very distinct anhyzer top, with big poptop dome. PLH and wing shape looked identical to a heimburg Halo destroyer. Didn't throw it, but also didn't really give it to be too special in the hand. Probably a great disc, but not tempting me from my Forces, Zeus's, and Grym's at all.

Does it feel cheap? Not grippy? Too gummy? Too Stiff? Feel like a knockoff? I'm trying to understand I got one coming from DM. Kind of concerned.
You'll need to feel it for yourself to form your own opinion, but to me it felt like a stiffer Pro material with less grip. That sounds like Star, sure, but it's not quite there. Every other company, for the most part, tries to make their own version of star, but DM is in the unfortunate situation of having to make their new discs feel just like their old discs, or hopefully better. I don't think they've succeeded with this blend.

Last edited:
Last night a very good friend of mine gifted me the new Cloudbreaker 3… I'm not usually one for collectors discs or limited drops, but it was a very nice gesture.

I never had a DD3 before, but it does feel nice. Plastic feels most like Lat64 Gold Line more so than Star.

Now the real quandary; do I throw it?

Last night a very good friend of mine gifted me the new Cloudbreaker 3… I'm not usually one for collectors discs or limited drops, but it was a very nice gesture.

I never had a DD3 before, but it does feel nice. Plastic feels most like Lat64 Gold Line more so than Star.

Now the real quandary; do I throw it?

I bought two myself and I'm throwing them.

Some people online were saying the new Cloudbreakers have a weird ridge on the top, almost like the Destrulcans.

Some people online were saying the new Cloudbreakers have a weird ridge on the top, almost like the Destrulcans.

It looks like a two line Avery I used to have. Wish I still had it for comparison.

Now that the new production Swedish DD3 is out there, any updates from you DD3 throwers?
How do they fly?
1. Domey vs flat
2. Red vs pink vs blue vs yellow, etc. Rumor is that the blue is most over-stable…
3. 176g is the max weight, what is the lightest weight you've seen?

Details, opinions, reviews!

Latest posts