• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DDO 2023

Jolt

* Ace Member *
Pretty sure they have a say being as it is their event and my guess is that it is because Macie is the far superior player.

I agree that Macie is the better player..BUT Kona IS DD star player, they pay her alot so why not let her be seen? R1 IS on youtube and gets alot of views. .

They Put Ricky on first card and not Kona. . it does not look great.

Great start from Holly..well not "start" but after hole 2 shes perfect

I agree that Macie is the better player..BUT Kona IS DD star player, they pay her alot so why not let her be seen? R1 IS on youtube and gets alot of views. .

IMO they care considerably more about having good shots thrown on footage with their discs than they do about what they are paying someone.

That shirt Sai is wearing looks REALLY bad for discgolf. . those loose arms MUST feel in the way

IMO they care considerably more about having good shots thrown on footage with their discs than they do about what they are paying someone.

Yoy may be right..but i still think if you get a player on your team and pay her big bucks. . you want her to bee seen and be on the filmed card as much as you can. . why else get them on the team

Yoy may be right..but i still think if you get a player on your team and pay her big bucks. . you want her to bee seen and be on the filmed card as much as you can. . why else get them on the team

Social Media "Presence".

Maybe they are regretting their decision?

Maybe they are regretting their decision?

Just a strange thing. . IF DD picked Macie over Kona. . Kona should be mad- - -IF Kona was picked but said she did not want to be on a filmed card. .DD should be mad

The players are full time paid pros, and to be on filmed card has to be a plus?!

But enough about that. .

Lots of blue on the score cards and MANY players within 3 throws. . have they made the FPO layout easier?

Kona is on the 2nd feature card, so if she's playing well, they will show her plenty. DD prob hoping they will show a lot of her drives, but none of her putts.

That hole 13. . HOW did they think any FPO player could birdy that hole. . thats has to be one of the hardest par 3s i have seen

Lots of blue on the score cards and MANY players within 3 throws. . have they made the FPO layout easier?

April wind in Kansas and June wind in Kansas are night and day different. 25+ mph sustained at DDO last year, 7-9 mph intermittent gusts this year. Makes a huge difference in scoring. Couple minor changes to the layout (Hole 4 for both) and they turned one Par 3 into a slightly longer Par 4 but otherwise looks very similar to last year DDO/Worlds.

I believe it was mislabeled and tomorrow it will be a par 4.

Hokom. Much prefer hearing her in the booth, over watching her on the course.

Thanks. I should have known. I couldn't quite place the voice. She's a great commentator. I don't mind watching her different approach to the game from most ladies, but I'll fully agree it's not the most aesthetic to watch.

I believe it was mislabeled and tomorrow it will be a par 4.

Hokom. Much prefer hearing her in the booth, over watching her on the course.

If you mean her forehand style....as I understand it, that is a result of a bad car accident she was in and lasting issues.

Back in 2015, she was in a horrific car accident on the way to a tournament. She made it to her round and was badly bruised and hurt. I believe there were comments by her later that she had to adjust her forehand throw due to the injuries from the accident.

Caution, photos in this could be disturbing:
https://www.pdga.com/near-death-experience-doesnt-slow-down-sarah-hokom

If you mean her forehand style....as I understand it, that is a result of a bad car accident she was in and lasting issues.

Back in 2015, she was in a horrific car accident on the way to a tournament. She made it to her round and was badly bruised and hurt. I believe there were comments by her later that she had to adjust her forehand throw due to the injuries from the accident.

I'm almost positive she had the funky forehand form for years prior to the car accident.

Mods please there's a lotta Kona slander on this thread that is entirely out of place. #acerunproductions4life

She has always had a funky forehand style. Despite the accident, she still finished 1 stroke out of the 1st place, and would have won easily. Paige Pierce even indicated that Sarah should have won the tournament.

I don't believe the accident had any influence on her forehand style, either at that tourney or after the tourney. She just has a funky forehand style, lol.