• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Found a pre flight number star D in my backups. Score. Will try this one against my new bottom stamp this weekend.

Last edited:
threw a flat g* I had sitting around from the US masters run and like it a lot more than the super boob top AM nationals one I had but no where near as OS as I expected.

Am I crazy or does a seasoned champ/star destroyer have more glide too? Not sure I like how the g* sticks when it hits the ground but figured with winter around the corner it was a good disc to put ITB.

threw a flat g* I had sitting around from the US masters run and like it a lot more than the super boob top AM nationals one I had but no where near as OS as I expected.

Am I crazy or does a seasoned champ/star destroyer have more glide too? Not sure I like how the g* sticks when it hits the ground but figured with winter around the corner it was a good disc to put ITB.

Yea the flat ones arent as os as the pop tops, and I havent noticed a bit of difference in glide between gstar and star. Same glide for me.

might be this one is brand new and touch of flashing but that's why I expected a little more HSS. Have pop tops always been the more OS destroyers?

The most overstable and the most understable destroyers that I have are flat.

Just for clarification... Innova is not still putting out vulcan-topped are they?
They still show up at retail.

Could be old stock though. Seems most of the 'new' Destroyers have insane pop-tops.

Just for clarification... Innova is not still putting out vulcan-topped are they?

There was a recent run that resembles the vulcan top run but the ones that I have were overstable so I would say that they are not vulcan tops

Ive been calling them half vulcan tops lol but they r all quite beefy. But this newest run is really flat and overstable from what ive seen

happens on ebay allllll the time with actual collector stuff not disc golf auctions generally though lol what a JOKE. The facebook scammers trying new avenues?

Wow, had to dig for the Destroyer thread.

I just got my pink 172g Star Destroyer in the mail yesterday. I'm excited because it's now by far my fastest disc.

Years ago, like many new players, I started out with discs that were way too fast. I think I had a Crush, a Starfire and a Buzzz, along with a Wizard. I believe my wife went to the store and basically asked them for some starting discs for her then boyfriend. I've been using the same Buzzz and Wizard since then, but I quickly took the Crush and Starfire out of my bag because they just never felt right.

I've developed more power over the last few years by discing down. For a while my fastest disc was a Teebird. Then a Saint. Then a Volt. I still use all three of these discs too. On a nice line, I can hit around 375' with the Volt now.

Recently, I decided that I should maybe pick up a true distance driver. I'm excited to give the Destroyer a try this weekend.

Holy wow.

Time to put up some of my Star D's.

Wow, no kidding! In all seriousness though...what are the PFN Star Destroyers going for lately? This might be better suited for the "What is this disc worth" thread, but I figure you guys would know. I have a white one marked *DS in good shape; easily a 7/10 and marked at 172g (no ink).

Wow, no kidding! In all seriousness though...what are the PFN Star Destroyers going for lately? This might be better suited for the "What is this disc worth" thread, but I figure you guys would know. I have a white one marked *DS in good shape; easily a 7/10 and marked at 172g (no ink).

From what I've seen they peaked last winter/spring and prices have come back down now. $20-50 depending on color/condition. A white pre-Avery *DS with no ink will probably fetch around $30. As with anything, you never know when you might hit on someone's emotional string and get them to spend a lot more.