• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

I only stopped at Grapevine stores when I was playing Bear Creek anyway, so that won't be too hard to boycott anymore. You'll have to throw Lewisville in the boycott too since they took Lake Park away to put in a walking path. :thmbdown::thmbdown:

Same here. Sad to see what they did to Lake Park and now Bear Creek Park will see the dozers soon enough. Grapevine didn't have a disc store close by so we really only picked up some water and chow before we played, but now I'll be driving through on my way to Arlington and Ft. Worth.

It's great having the new Dynamic Disc Store in Carrollton so close to Jimmy Porter, it seems they knew when the right time was to cut bait with Lewisville.

Sad news indeed. I have always liked the course at bear creek. Got an ace on 18 there once. One of the 1st courses I played out there after my brother moved to dfw

This is not a disc golf problem, it's a Gateway Park problem. They closed the park a while back, in part to run off this problem (as well as generally clean the place up). It looks like they're gonna be persistent little buggers and hang around.

Does anyone have any idea how much longer Bear Creek will be playable in its 18 hole layout? I hadn't heard any official word.

Does anyone have any idea how much longer Bear Creek will be playable in its 18 hole layout? I hadn't heard any official word.

The article said the dog park would be open by the summer of '17. I assume they're going to do the fencing and groundwork this winter (easier to clear dead foliage) so they can grow grass in the spring. At least, that's what I would do if I was going to ruin a perfectly good disc golf park with a dog park.

Anyone know what's up at Trophy Club? Someone just posted a review saying the back 6 baskets were gone.

Anyone know what's up at Trophy Club? Someone just posted a review saying the back 6 baskets were gone.

Yeah I noticed that. I was just there a couple months ago, and it was in all its glory, what's up?

He also gave TC ZERO stars

With all of this rain, I'm seriously bummed over the Lake Lewisville course being closed. I always had fun at that course no matter how well I was playing. It's just a shame.

I only stopped at Grapevine stores when I was playing Bear Creek anyway, so that won't be too hard to boycott anymore. You'll have to throw Lewisville in the boycott too since they took Lake Park away to put in a walking path. :thmbdown::thmbdown:

Here's an interesting tidbit. On the PDGA events page, the Annual Old Man Memorial Lewisville Open is listed on the Dynamic Discs schedule as September 10-11 in Lewisville, with the flex-start Friday on September 9 at Lake Park.

Maybe they know something we don't know?

Here's an interesting tidbit. On the PDGA events page, the Annual Old Man Memorial Lewisville Open is listed on the Dynamic Discs schedule as September 10-11 in Lewisville, with the flex-start Friday on September 9 at Lake Park.

Maybe they know something we don't know?

13775840_1759180314371000_4828461922671438537_n.jpg

This is not accurate. I know the course needs some attention at the moment but my guess is that the person who posted this review did not know how to get to hole 13 and assumed there was nothing past hole 12. The course is still 18 holes.

This is not accurate. I know the course needs some attention at the moment but my guess is that the person who posted this review did not know how to get to hole 13 and assumed there was nothing past hole 12. The course is still 18 holes.

Great news, that's my new favorite in DFW, just a little far to get to for quick rounds.

Brad, update your sig line now that the store moved :thmbup:

The old man group is headed to Lester Lorch tomorrow. I've played the courses many times and I picked them for tomorrow because some of the holes on the front nine of Beaver would be dry this time of year.

I looked at the reviews and noticed the trend of higher ratings in the summer and the lowest ratings in the damp days of the north Texas winter and spring. I don't like to play Beaver in the winter because of the mud on 5 and 6. I wonder if there is something that can be done to help keep those areas drier in the colder and wetter months?

.............I looked at the reviews and noticed the trend of higher ratings in the summer and the lowest ratings in the damp days of the north Texas winter and spring. I don't like to play Beaver in the winter because of the mud on 5 and 6. I wonder if there is something that can be done to help keep those areas drier in the colder and wetter months?

I think I've only played them once when it wasn't either unbearably hot and dry or full of snotty mud. I'll take hot and dry myself. During the wet months, hole nine (Beaver) needs drainage so that the fairway can be maintained. Once or twice I've seen head high reeds and grass there. Still, two awesome courses that I love to play.

I think I've only played them once when it wasn't either unbearably hot and dry or full of snotty mud. I'll take hot and dry myself. During the wet months, hole nine (Beaver) needs drainage so that the fairway can be maintained. Once or twice I've seen head high reeds and grass there. Still, two awesome courses that I love to play.

They were in great shape today. Beaver had just been mowed and they were trimming for the upcoming tourney. They still had to get some weed wacking done on Coyote.

I thought about it and maybe some drainage "trenches" like the one across the fairway on #4 at Harry Myers. A place for the water to collect and drain without the fairway being a slippery swamp. It's tough just getting to the tee on #6 Beaver sometimes... without slipping down the hill.